Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Those who use elliptical machines, I am in awe!
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Jan 28 2006, 08:51 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,419

I finally got up the nerve to try one out at the gym yesterday. After about 5 min of trying to figure the darn thing out blush.gif I had to really push myself to use it for 5 min - it was HARD.

How long does it take for it to get easier?

Also, I am currently going to the gym 3 days a week, running (well, walking and running right now cause I can't run the whole time yet) on the treadmill for 1/2 hour. Would I be better off just sticking with the treadmill, trying to switch to the elliptical or doing some of each?

Can you tell I'm pretty new to this exercise stuff? emlaugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 30 2006, 03:30 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

Definetly try to work your way up. I did the treadmill for a few weeks, first (45 mins each day)

I use the elliptical every day for 30 mins or longer. I recommend using the manual setting for the first week and then work your way up. Right now I'm at level 2 and I've been using it for some time. tongue.gif It's really hard.
PMEmail Poster
CAMSMOM1
Posted: Jan 30 2006, 10:02 PM
Quote Post

The Cam Man is 2 yrs old

Member No.: 2,907

Well it's been 3 years since I've been on an eliptical machine, or the gym! blush.gif emlaugh.gif

But when I did go, that was my favorite machine! Of course, in the beginning...it was death! banghead.gif I was just like you, 5 min. on that and my legs were jello! Each week I just added more time to it, and eventually I could work out on it for 45 min. I was so proud of myself! happy.gif thumb.gif

I got so tired of the treadmill, it didn't work me out like I needed. The Elipitcal is different, because it is difficult, and once it gets easier, push it up to the next level.

I say stick with it, take it easy, and work your way to harder levels. bigtup.gif

Ann
sunflower.gif

--------------------
~Ann~ Wife to Justin, Mommy to Cam
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail PosterAOL

~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jan 31 2006, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

I've had mine for almost a month and I JUST got up to 15 minutes. tongue.gif I could only do 5 minutes the first few times and then 10... I probably would be up to 30 by now if I'd been doing it every day but I've only been doing it a couple times a week. wink.gif

I don't remember how long it took me to get used to it when I used to use one at the gym a couple years ago, but it was awhile. For some reason they are a lot harder than the treadmill... but once you get it you will love it I promise! thumb.gif
When I used to go to the gym I'd do the treadmill for 15 minutes and the elliptical for 20 and I lost lots of weight. happy.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
Daisymom2
Posted: Feb 7 2006, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,240

Do you guys' feet get numb towards the end of your 30 minutes? My right foot always looses all feeling by the time i'm done!

I do it 30 minutes a day usually later because I do a dvd in the A.M.

--------------------
Daisy
2 boys 5 & 2
Pennsylvania
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
mckayleesmom
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 06:27 PM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

I love mine.....The first time I used it...I could only do 5 minutes...Now I can do 30 if I concentrate on something and covering up the time thing helps too..... laugh.gif

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster
jacobsmama
Posted: Feb 18 2006, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

KRISTI :)

Member No.: 2,060

I'm not using mine right now becuase of our construction it is put up for now in storage blush.gif But when I was using it I had to work up to 20 mins a day it was hard and then I had to stop due to construction. Can't wait to get it going again! wub.gif

--------------------

Mother to Jacob & Conner. Wife to Loren
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0172 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]