Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Was my daughter rude?
daughter2005.
Posted: Apr 9 2005, 01:07 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,698

About a month ago or so I and my daughter who is 14 stopped by McDonald around 9 pm. As we got our food and sit down, I notice employer moping floor at the other side. About 10 min went buy and she was mopping near us, it seems she was doing final clean up as she was mopping with really wet mop and rinse it out and wiping floor of excess water. There were about 4 more customers at different table other then us. As she went by there table she said excuse me and I saw one customer lifting there feet to let her mop under the table(it seemd like other people also let her mop under the table). As she was coming closer to our table I told my daughter that if she says excuses me to lift her feet and let her mop under the table. About 5 minutes latter she went by our table and said excuse me and ly and I lifted my feet and she pushed mop under the table,she pushed mop in two times, in and out however my daughter didn't lift her feet both of the times including the time she pushed her mop back again to mop up the excess water after rining out her mop. I heared the sound of mop hitting her shoes as mop went by her, feet(she hit her feet only onces). Anyway I didn't tell her anything until we left and then ask her why did she not let her clean and she said it was rude. To me it sound like good reason and that was it. I talk to a friend about a week latter and happened to tell her this. She said that I should discipline my daughter and she was the one that was rude and the employee was just doing her job,basically friend says if she didn't do it someone else would have done it.. My friend don't see anything wrong with employee mopping floor around under customer feet. I am not sure if what my daughter did was rude or not. What do you think? Sorry about long post.
PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Apr 9 2005, 03:41 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

ohmy.gif WTF the employee actually asked you to lift your feet? I think that's rude and the manager should have been told what happened. I have worked in fastfood resturants and small coffee shops and if we ever treated the customers like that we would have been fired. It seems to me that this employee was just rushing to get her job done. I definately think your daughter did the right thing. thumb.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
SummerKisses079
Posted: Apr 21 2005, 01:36 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1,765

You know I think your daughter was right. I think it was rude that the employee was mopping the floor around your food that you was trying to eatting. She could of waiting until everyone was gone. That is when most people mop up the floor. Not in the middle of people trying to eat. I would of even told the lady excuse us but we are trying to eat here, and really don't want germs in our food.

I think she did the right thing, and as the other person said I would of went to management as well and told them about it.
PMEmail Poster

gr33n3y3z
Posted: Apr 21 2005, 01:58 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

she did the right thing

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
Mommy2BAK
Posted: Apr 21 2005, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 843

I think your daughter was right! smile.gif

--------------------
~TAMARA~
Blessed mother to Blakely (7/12/04), Ayden (9/21/07), Addison and Avery (7/2/08)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
ammommy
Posted: Apr 21 2005, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

Happy Easter!

Member No.: 1,117

I agree. I think the employee was rude! I've worked at restaraunts before and would never have mopped around a customer or let someone I managed do that. It's just puke.gif to have that dirty water around my food.

--------------------
Lisa, SAHM to Megan and Alec
PMEmail Poster
bwalkerletters
Posted: Apr 21 2005, 02:35 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 1,670

You shouldn't be bothered by someone cleaning up while you are sitting down eating...........Your daughter was right! Though, I probably would have done what you did! smile.gif Just the nice guy in me smile.gif
PM
5littleladies
Posted: Apr 21 2005, 02:36 PM
Quote Post

Lissie

Member No.: 116

Well honestly, I think that the employee was definitely out of place for cleaning under people's feet, but I also think that since you told your daughter to lift up her feet she should have done it. I'm not saying I would make a big deal out of it, but she could have lifted her feet and then you could have gone and talked to a manger or something. JMO. wink.gif

--------------------
~*~Jennifer~*~
Wife to Jason, Mom to Madeline, Megan, Brianna,
Alyssa, Kate, and our babies in heaven-Benjamin, 8/13/04, and David, 8/01/07

Jen's Blog
PMEmail PosterMSN
JAYMESMOM
Posted: Apr 21 2005, 05:15 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,669

You daughter was right - u were paying customers and eating. They could have waited. I wouldn't punish her.

--------------------
user posted image
In loving memory of Great-Grandma Wright 3-26-06.
Not pictured Great-Grandma Buckley RIP 11-20-05.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
kimberley
Posted: Apr 21 2005, 07:09 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 249

ohmy.gif ITA that your daughter was right! i have worked in the food service industry for 15 years and have never come across such rudeness as you did. if she were my staff, she would have been fired! i know they like to wrap up and get things done early so they can leave fast, but to mop under people who are still eating is inexcusable!!! i hope you don't punish your daughter. she did nothing wrong.

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
ferocity302
Posted: May 8 2005, 08:09 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1,230

Wow, You were extremely nice! I would have said something to the employee to the fact that even though it was not my home it was my family's meal time and private time in a way. The employee should have waited until you left to mop under your table.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
mama3x
Posted: May 15 2005, 12:42 AM
Quote Post

Kyrie loves Maisy!

Member No.: 552

Personally I wouldn't have lifted my feet either, I would have asked the person to come back later and clean. Especially if there was that much water!!!!!

I used to be in fast food (not McD's though) and you never clean the top and under a table that's occupied.

--------------------
Dionne, wife to Kevin & proud SAHM of
Brenden (13yrs), Kyrie "BoogaGirl" (23m), Dallas "Boy-Boy"(20wks)

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0173 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]