Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> I'm losing my mind......., I need advice
leahsmom
Posted: Mar 9 2005, 05:07 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,501

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I have a 13 year old daughter that is about to drive me crazy. Leah is 13, we are african american, and she goes to a school that is 85% white. It is a very good school, and that's one of th reasons I took her there. The problem is that she has made friends with a group of children who are afr. amer and they are the worst children that I have ever seen . My mom and I have talked to her about being judged by who you're associated with, but she is drawn to the children who are like her. Also she has a problem with "backtalk", it has landed her a 1 day suspension, what can I do? bawling.gif
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Mar 9 2005, 05:17 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

My 15 year old daughter Erin
She likes to hang out with Skater kids and BMX racing kids and the sort. Not that they are bad kids or that anything wrong with them but they do get bad Reps. bc of how they dress and look. I just told her hey its your desisson of who you hang out with BUT You are never to disrespectful to anyone.

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
Alice
Posted: Mar 9 2005, 05:45 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 574

Can you point her towards extra-curricular activities that involve kids who are more academically minded? Talk to her guidance counselor. Are her grades good enough for National Honor Society next year? They have to do some community service, so those are the kids you want her with. And, though I coached Debate for 20 years, I'm not necessarily suggesting she go for that, but there are probably lots of clubs/activities she could join: yearbook, newspaper, student council, sports etc. All of these will be looking NOW to get settled for next year, so this is the time she should be approaching the moderators about joining, to get a jump on the rest of next year's sophomore class.

--------------------
Alice
wife to Peter
mom to Brian (6-18-98)
Julia (2-17-00)
Kira (2-04-03)
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0151 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]