Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Boy's and Clothes
Chrisport
Posted: Mar 5 2005, 01:10 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,479

Wow, feel like Im being roasted! Honestly though, I wasn't kidding, I really do think it is a very nice way for a boy his age to dress. But, I understand I am definitely in the minority.
PMEmail Poster
Chrisport
Posted: Mar 9 2005, 03:58 AM
Quote Post

Sorry, we had a bout of the flu here for a couple of days, but Ok, Ill just drop the subject. Happy now?
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Mar 9 2005, 04:07 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

I hope everyone is feeling much better now
We've been having any where between 8 and 10 kids going home a day at our school I told my boss I better not get it lol

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Mar 9 2005, 05:42 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Mar 3 2005, 07:10 PM)
I know that jeans hanging half-way down and showing their underwear is in style right now, but I would never let a child or teenager wear that.

You know I read recently that somewhere... (I'd have to get the article back somehow) they are thinking of making it a public offense to show your underwear in public - so that fashion will soon be obsolete.... rolling_smile.gif

Here it is:

http://gnn.tv/headlines/1083/Underwear_Pol...n_Low_Cut_Pants

It was VIrginia, and they took back their bill, it was causing them too much embarassment!! laugh.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
jodiec1973
Posted: Mar 9 2005, 06:14 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1,502

I have a thirteen year old who would have died if I had made him wear that. It is okay to want him to look nice but the knee socks might be a little extreme.
PMEmail Poster
texasp3
Posted: Mar 9 2005, 06:51 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 960

QUOTE (~*~Zach's Mom~*~ @ Mar 9 2005, 08:42 AM)
QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Mar 3 2005, 07:10 PM)
I know that jeans hanging half-way down and showing their underwear is in style right now, but I would never let a child or teenager wear that.

You know I read recently that somewhere... (I'd have to get the article back somehow) they are thinking of making it a public offense to show your underwear in public - so that fashion will soon be obsolete.... rolling_smile.gif

LOL!! Oh that's too funny.... I think all they would end up with is a problem enforcing something like that. As if kids are going to stop wearing their pants around their knees just because it's a "public offense." *chuckle*

Frankly, I'd rather see their underwear than what their underwear covers! Although I usually have this overwhelming urge to walk up behind them and yank their pants up. I actually find myself laughing out loud when I go to pick Michael up from school in the afternoons... some of the boys wear their pants SO low that they have difficulty walking because the crotch is between their knees... they look like penguins! It's a scream!!

--------------------
Marie, Mom to Gabriel (3.1.04) and Michael (6.14.89)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
loveydad
Posted: Mar 9 2005, 10:08 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

*laughing* yeah. The only time I see my son's butt is becuase his pants don't fit! Luckily or us all he wears a belt.
jolene555
Posted: Mar 10 2005, 02:51 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 681

WOW! i'm sorry that i've been away for a while and missed this post. my prayers are with your son as he's destined to be beat up in the near future. you've obviously not realized that your son is not your dress-up-doll. how old are you??? this sounds dreadfully close to a style my own mother tried to inflict upon me, but i was six, and she wasn't so insistant.

why would you want to make a fool of your own son?? making him to resemble the von trap boys is not going to help anyone.

--------------------
jo (georgia's momma)

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
MomToMany
Posted: Mar 10 2005, 03:02 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

rolling_smile.gif LOL !!!! Jo, that is TOO funny!! But the sad thing is it's TRUE!
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Mar 11 2005, 07:58 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

You people are BRUTAL! I think this is a very European style. I can't imagine seeing a 12 year old wearing it over here, but for God's sake Prince Charles wears a kilt!! How old is he??? His sons (William and Harry) DO wear things of this nature and I happen to think it would be cute on my son, granted he is only one.

Chris, I think if your son objects to this then you shouldn't pressure him to wear it. You may have some control issues, here. There are several different ways to dress him so he will look handsome and mature.
PMEmail Poster
Chrisport
Posted: Mar 11 2005, 08:01 AM
Quote Post

Thank you so much Maddie&EthansMom. No I won't force the issue, but maybe I can convince him. But, no, no forcing I agree.
Thanks again
Chris
PMEmail Poster
3forme
Posted: Mar 13 2005, 12:05 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1,196

My son is tha same age as yours. Kevin would absolutely die if I made him wear something like that. I figure if clothes and hair are the ONLY battles I am not going to fight them. He can wear pretty much whatever he wants as long as he is clean. Now, if his grades started going down, and he was into drugs or alcohol, I might pull the clothing into that battle (peers, wearing weird clothes, etc.). I have to agree with the majority of the things I have read. You were not right in making him wear that. He is on the threshold of being a teenager and you seem to be wanting him to dress like he is four. Give in, give him leeway on clothing. Like I said, if that is your only battle, don't fight it. By the way, Kevin's new thing is dyeing his hair with the funky colored gels. He has about 4 different colors. I know it is a phase. And it may be a little of "let's see if mom will wig out?" So I figure, I will ignore it, let him do it, and soon it will pass.

Just my 2cents.gif

--------------------
Julie

PMEmail Poster
Chrisport
Posted: Mar 13 2005, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

Hi 3forme
Oh, I don't think he'd die from dressing as I suggested, but Ok, I will ask, not force Jason for our dinner.
Chris
PMEmail Poster
MomToJade&Jordan
Posted: Mar 13 2005, 03:27 PM
Quote Post

Nothing like having a sister...

Member No.: 212

Aloha Chris. I just wanted to let you know that I live in Hawaii. It's actually quite rare to see someone wearing socks out here. Like others have said before most people wear sandals or flip flops. My own child doesn't wear socks, but sandals. It can get rather warm here and socks can make it a bit hot. I think the only time I wear socks is when I put my tennis shoes on and that is pretty rare as well. You are going to find that there is a very laid back attitude out here. I hope that you enjoy your visit to the islands. They really are a fantastic place to be.

--------------------
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.

I've been hugged by Lisa, Kelly, Jennifer, Erika, Jimmie, Nichole, Kimberly, and Tammy. Thanks ladies!
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN

Chrisport
Posted: Mar 14 2005, 03:47 AM
Quote Post

Thank you Carrie, we're looking forward to our trip. Actually, Ive no doubt we' ll both be very casual on the trip, I've just been talking about one "special" or more "dressy" dinner that Id like to do while we're there. But, Ill ask not force the issue. Thanks again.
PMEmail Poster
GavinsMommy
Posted: Mar 14 2005, 06:19 AM
Quote Post

Mum to Gavin Cole

Member No.: 878

I had the same thought as Nichole. Seemed like a joke...

If it's not a joke...and please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to be hostile at all...then I think what you're doing is potentially damaging. It's 2005! These days kids get beat up for dressing like that. Kneesox? That's very extreme in my opinion. It's my experience that seeing kids or ANYONE dressed like this would warrant others to say much more hurtful things than that the individual is "gay". Kids are cruel. Your son is basically 13 years old. People are supposed to generally fit the time. The time isn't a hundred years ago and I'm just assuming you live in America. Though this may be an okay thing in other countries, we're not them and we live by different "rules".

It sounds a bit odd to me that you want him to wear the outfit for you in Hawaii. Why? What do you get out of it? I personally don't see how any 13 year old would look adorable like that. I think it's cute for little babies or VERY small children, but even that is a little weird to me.

He can look nice without looking like a girl and that is exactly what people are going to say to him. If anyone saw him that he knew you can bet he would never hear the end of it and the effects of the peer abuse he would suffer would not be worth you wanting him to look "adorable". Take him to the mall and get him a pair of nice khaki pants and a polo shirt, or even a dress shirt with tie. He'll look just as adorable and much more like a little man than a little child, which he isn't...he's growing up and almost in high school.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
redchief
Posted: Mar 14 2005, 12:55 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

I'm an official member of the "Anti-kneesox for Boys and No Blazers with Shorts League".

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0181 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]