Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Our Angel, Joshua Lee, (stillbirth mentioned)
MommyToAshley
Posted: Nov 14 2003, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Since many of you have shared the stories of your Angels with me, I thought I would share with you our Angel, Joshua Lee. I haven't shared his picture or story with too many people outside of our families.

I just opened his baby box and spent an hour going through all of his mementos, and I can't believe that after all of these years, his blanket still smells like him. So please bear with me, I am very emotional right now.

I was a little over 5 months pregnant when Joshua was born -- he was stillborn. He only weighed .4oz and was 22-1/2 cm long. Having Joshua grow inside of me for 5 months and then going through labor and giving birth knowing that he would not be here on this earth with us was the hardest thing I have ever done. He had Trisomy 18, a condition which very few babies make it full term -- they call it a "condition not compatible with life." I have to say, those were the most heart-breaking words I have ever heard. Just the thought of those words still tear right through me.

After Joshua was born, I was afraid to see him. I was afraid that I didn't have the strength to hold my precious baby knowing that I would never be able to snuggle up next to him, change his diaper, feed him, comfort him, rock him on a restless night, or any other act of love by a mother. I would never hear him cry or see his first smile or watch him take his first steps. All the thoughts and dreams I had about my baby when I was pregnant were shattered. I just didn't think I would have the strength to face him. But, with a little encouragement from my husband, the pastor and the nurses, I decided I wanted to see him.

When they brought him to me and put him in my arms, I couldn't believe how beautiful he was. Until that moment, I didn't think it was possible to love him more than I already did. I put his tiny little hands in mine -- they were so perfect. He had the cutest baby feet I had ever seen and his skin was so soft. Rodney and I studied every part of him, we held him, cuddled him, and cherished every moment with him. Then, it was time to say our good-byes. We said a prayer and I felt my heart sink again. I found it hard to breathe as it was time to let him go... again.

Looking back now, I am so thankful that the people around me convinced me to see Joshua. I am thankful that I had that time with Joshua and that I had a chance to say good-bye. For the longest time, I was so angry with God for letting this happen. I also thought that I was being punished for doing something wrong... if only I were a better person then Joshua would be here with us. Now I know it was God that surrounded me with loving people and gave me the strength to make it through all of this. I do find some comfort knowing that Joshua is in God's hands. But, I still miss him terribly. Someone once asked me that if I was given the choice to either do it all over again or never be pregnant with Joshua, what I would do. You may find it weird, but I would choose to do it again. Although it was the hardest and saddest thing I have ever gone through, I am so thankful for the 5 months that we had together -- and being able to know the kind of love a Mom feels for her child.

Thanks for listening to my story. I am sorry if I babbled on.

Meet Joshua Lee:

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MommyToAshley
Posted: Nov 14 2003, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Here's a picture of his cute little feet

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
mummy2girls
Posted: Nov 14 2003, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 156

OH he is so beautiful. A little angel. I cried bawling.gif reading your story. I know though what you mean about bieng pregnant with joshua again or not at all and picking being preg... I feel the same way with jordan. Even though it was painful losing my jordan having him grow inside my belly and bond with him means the world to me.

You are a very strong woman and mom!!!!!!!

grouphug.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN

5littleladies
Posted: Nov 14 2003, 10:32 PM
Quote Post

Lissie

Member No.: 116

Thank you Dee Dee, for sharing your story. I have never been through anything like that and I can only imagine how heart-breaking it was for you.

He is a beautiful little boy. Thank you for sharing him with us. grouphug.gif

--------------------
~*~Jennifer~*~
Wife to Jason, Mom to Madeline, Megan, Brianna,
Alyssa, Kate, and our babies in heaven-Benjamin, 8/13/04, and David, 8/01/07

Jen's Blog
PMEmail PosterMSN
MomToMany
Posted: Nov 15 2003, 04:47 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

grouphug.gif Thank you, Dee Dee for sharing your story. I cried reading it. You're very strong to share that; I've never been through anything like that, so I can only imagine how you must have felt. He's a beautiful little boy, and his footprints are adorable.

Thanks for sharing him with us!
Heather
Posted: Nov 15 2003, 05:21 AM
Quote Post

So nice to be back :)

Member No.: 134

AWw Dee Dee thanks so much for sharing your story with us. I can't imagine the heartbreak you went through. He is so handsome. The footprints are just too darn cute!! I am so glad you have momentos to help you remember what a special boy you have. Thanks again.

--------------------
Heather

PMAOL
ediep
Posted: Nov 15 2003, 06:37 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

Oh DeeDee, bawling.gif Thanks so much for sharing that story with us. He is a doll!! What cute footprints!!! I know how heartbreaking that was for you, my friend went through a similar situation. bawling.gif

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
My2Carebears
Posted: Nov 15 2003, 08:02 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 279

thank you for sharing your story!! You are such a strong person!!!
I had a Friend who had a baby due to a terrible syndrome. He died shortly after he was born and OH he was beautiful too!!
Joshua is so lucky to have you for parents and I am sure he watches over you daily!! What a beautiful baby and I am sure he has a beautiful spirit!!

--------------------
~*~*CARY~*~*
Proud Mommy To Abri And Angel

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
kimberley
Posted: Nov 15 2003, 08:35 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 249

((((DeeDee))))

I am so sorry for your loss. Joshua looks like such an angel! wub.gif Thank you for sharing your story, i know it couldn't have been easy for you.
grouphug.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
momma2jenna
Posted: Nov 15 2003, 11:20 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 231

what a precious little guy, I know you are glad to have held him in your arms, if only for a moment. You will hold him in your heart forever.

--------------------

Carla
DH Casey
DD Jenna Cate born: 3-25-03
PMEmail Poster
Mommieto2Girls
Posted: Nov 15 2003, 11:38 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 167

DeeDee, thanks for sharing your story with us. I can't imagine what you've went through. Joshua is a beautiful little boy and one day soon you'll be holding him again. :hugs:
PM
chloe&tysmommy
Posted: Nov 15 2003, 01:24 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 86

awe, I can't imagine what kind of pain you went through, your story made me cry bawling.gif bawling.gif how heartbreaking. Thank-you for sharing your story with us, your little boy is beautiful

--------------------
~Crystal~

PMEmail PosterMSN
aspenblue1
Posted: Nov 15 2003, 02:13 PM
Quote Post

Isabella and Kyrsten

Member No.: 68

He is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

--------------------
Carrie Mommy to Isabella 09/06/2002 and Kyrsten 06/27/2005

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Nov 15 2003, 02:34 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Member No.: 189

grouphug.gif I read your story this morning but couldn't bring myself to reply until now! I've never experienced anything like that, but seeing his little body my heart breaks for you! I'm so glad you got to treasure those brief moments with your son! Thank You so much for sharing your story with all of us! grouphug.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

MomofTay&Sam
Posted: Nov 15 2003, 02:59 PM
Quote Post

I can fish/make fire/be your friend! :)

Member No.: 171

Your story brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing it with us. God bless you.

--------------------
Mommy to two wonderful boys!

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Nov 15 2003, 03:07 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

Thank you for having the strength to share your story with us and the pictures of your beautiful angel. It must be heartbreaking for you, still to think about him and hold his blanket in your arms. Your story touched my heart in a way that I have never been touched. I have never known anyone go through such heart ache and come out such a loving, giving and caring person. I am sure you find comfort in knowing that you will hold him again one day. wub.gif
PMEmail Poster
Jamison'smama
Posted: Nov 15 2003, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

My Little Loves

Member No.: 214

Beautiful baby boy--thank you for honoring us by sharing your story and Joshua's pictures.

--------------------
Brenda, a mom and wife in love with my family

The administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the moderators. Report a post using the report button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Nov 15 2003, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

DeeDee thankyou for sharing your story and pics with us. Joshua truly is a beautiful baby boy. wub.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
DansMom
Posted: Nov 16 2003, 07:41 PM
Quote Post

kids keep you young!

Member No.: 223

Thank you for sharing your story Dee Dee. That must have been so hard to go through. You loved him so much that you helped him to grow as much as he could grow---you were a gift to him, as he was a gift to you.

--------------------
Tracy, George and Daniel (11/25/02)
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Nov 17 2003, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

Thank you for sharing you story, I knew when it happend but I never fully understood what happend, now I do, and I am sad for you and admire you for being that strong. Well both of you, are very stong and blessed.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Nov 18 2003, 05:21 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Member No.: 69

Joshua is such a handsome little angel! Thank you so much for sharing him with us. grouphug.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Guest_jcc64
Posted: Nov 18 2003, 06:40 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

What a heartbreaking story, Dee Dee, I'm so sorry. It seems that you are as at peace as a parent can be after a loss like that, and I think it's so important that you were able to preserve your memories of Joshua with pictures and things of his. Someday, you'll be able to share these things with Ashley, so she can know a little about her big brother. Thanks for sharing such a big part of your life with us.

Jeanne
A&A'smommy
Posted: Dec 5 2003, 07:52 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

im sorry i didnt see your story before Dee Dee...your are so strong and such a beautiful and wonderful mom!!! Your little joshua was a VERY beautiful baby! Thank you for sharing your story!!! (((((BIG HUGS)))))

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Maya's Mama
Posted: Dec 5 2003, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 268

Thank you very much for sharing your story with all of us. It made me cry to think about what going through that must have been like. You have a lot of strength and hope--it is inspiring!

--------------------
-Vanessa
(Maya's Mom 6/3/03)
PMEmail Poster
jen
Posted: Dec 5 2003, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 263

grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif I was very touched by this story..I am so sorry for your loss. One day you will be reunited with Joshua. He is a beautiful baby with very cute adorable feet! You are a very strong person to have endured that, I cannot imagine how you got through it, it goes to show that you are a truly special person and how much love you had for him to not take for granted the time you did have with him. I always knew it would be a blessing to have a baby growing inside of me, I never knew the love I would immediately feel and the bond that would grow that is such a love not matched in itself. You are so strong and I feel honored to have read your story about your precious son. wub.gif

--------------------
JENNY
Happily Married to Josh, the LOVE of my LIFE!
Mommy to Madelyn Rae April 15, 2004
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0145 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]