Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Can Someone ease my mind...please.
mummy2girls
Posted: Nov 21 2006, 07:09 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 156

please tell me that its all in my head.... Jenna will probably need to get her adnoids taken out because of her drooling and breathing. im so scared to have her go under anestetic(sp?) because of the chance of her not coming out of it. Why do i have this feeling? because thats what happened to Jordan. he had an operation because of his disease he had and he never woke up from the anestetic. He went into shock and lapsed into a coma. so please tell me its just in my head...

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Nov 21 2006, 07:45 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

hug.gif I woudl worry also but this is a totaly different sisuation. Please dont let it get to you so much. Think about how she will be after no more drooling ect really try and focuse on the positive.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Nov 21 2006, 07:53 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Sorry Shelly, I can totally see why you're so worried, and you have right to be. Just try and stay focused and positive. hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster

BabyOwen427
Posted: Nov 21 2006, 10:10 AM
Quote Post

Jazz Hands!!

Member No.: 4,095

See if they can do a local or something, maybe that will help your fears.
hug.gif hug.gif Can't imagine what your feeling. hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Beth, proud Army wife to Curtis, supermommy to Owen!

user posted image user posted image user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Nov 21 2006, 10:11 AM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Member No.: 2,273

Shelly, you are worried with reason. But she will be in good hands and she is a healthy little girl. While Logan was in surgery, all I could think of was what if I lost him. I think it is a normal parental fear made more so by your previous experience. Logan made it, so will Jenna. I think it was more scary for me because they had to stop Logan's heart for 5 hours and then restart it. All I can offer is hugs and positive thoughts. I am sure she'll do fine, and so will you. After all, you have Marcus to lean on. hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
mummy2girls
Posted: Nov 21 2006, 10:19 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

QUOTE (MyBrownEyedBoy @ Nov 21 2006, 02:11 PM)
Shelly, you are worried with reason. But she will be in good hands and she is a healthy little girl. While Logan was in surgery, all I could think of was what if I lost him. I think it is a normal parental fear made more so by your previous experience. Logan made it, so will Jenna. I think it was more scary for me because they had to stop Logan's heart for 5 hours and then restart it. All I can offer is hugs and positive thoughts. I am sure she'll do fine, and so will you. After all, you have Marcus to lean on. hug.gif

i know she will be fine but because of my previous experience i literally have anxeity attacks almost thinking of it... sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Nov 21 2006, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

QUOTE (JennasMommy @ Nov 21 2006, 02:19 PM)
QUOTE (MyBrownEyedBoy @ Nov 21 2006, 02:11 PM)
Shelly, you are worried with reason.  But she will be in good hands and she is  a healthy little girl.  While Logan was in surgery, all I could think of was what if I lost him.  I think it is a normal parental fear made more so by your previous experience.  Logan made it, so will Jenna.  I think it was more scary for me because they had to stop Logan's heart for 5 hours and then restart it.  All I can offer is hugs and positive thoughts.  I am sure she'll do fine, and so will you.  After all, you have Marcus to lean on.  hug.gif

i know she will be fine but because of my previous experience i literally have anxeity attacks almost thinking of it... sad.gif

well you siad it probably wont be till next year so why not forget about it for now and worry when the time comes. I know easier said than done, but really try espically for her.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Nov 21 2006, 12:04 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

Have you talked to her Dr or surgeon about it? maybe they can use different anesthetic
or take special precautions with her?
I think what you are feeling is totally normal given your circumstance, but really, this is a very routine procedure, they probably do dozens a day with no problems at all. hug.gif
PM
Insanemomof3
Posted: Nov 21 2006, 05:25 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 117

Don't know what to say to help you, but hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Nov 21 2006, 05:34 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ Nov 21 2006, 04:04 PM)
Have you talked to her Dr or surgeon about it? maybe they can use different anesthetic
or take special precautions with her?
I think what you are feeling is totally normal given your circumstance, but really, this is a very routine procedure, they probably do dozens a day with no problems at all. hug.gif

I totally agree with tara, can you talk to the anathesiologist in advance, and ask for updates thru out the procedure?
also please dont let jenna see how worried you are, it would only upset and scare her.

I think you should lean on marcus, and just know that your little girl is in good hands. i am sure this is a very common surgery.
i will be praying for her and you

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
lisar
Posted: Nov 22 2006, 07:45 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

Shelly,
I dont know what to say. Sorry you feel this way. Jenna is a diffrent child with diffrent circumstances. Everything will be just fine. I wish there was something I could say or do to make you feel better. But I know there isnt. hug.gif hug.gif Lexi has been put to sleep 4 times in her life. Its scary every time. I have never been thru what you have though so I do not know the words. hug.gif hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
mummy2girls
Posted: Nov 22 2006, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

QUOTE (lisar @ Nov 22 2006, 11:45 AM)
Shelly,
I dont know what to say. Sorry you feel this way. Jenna is a diffrent child with diffrent circumstances. Everything will be just fine. I wish there was something I could say or do to make you feel better. But I know there isnt. hug.gif hug.gif Lexi has been put to sleep 4 times in her life. Its scary every time. I have never been thru what you have though so I do not know the words. hug.gif hug.gif

i know its 2 different situations but when you go through something as traumatic as that your mind can so wacko on you! I know she will pull through i guess im just worring myself to high blood pressure!

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Nina J
Posted: Nov 22 2006, 11:31 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 3,398

hug.gif hug.gif Everything will be okay, there are risks with everything, but the risk with anesthetic is minimal. She'll be in good hands when the time comes hug.gif

--------------------
Nina, Mama to Emily Kate, Odessa Jean & Aysun Aleisha.
PMEmail Poster
sparkys2boys
Posted: Nov 26 2006, 03:12 PM
Quote Post

Sleep, is over-rated!!!

Member No.: 6,128

I have never lost a child and pray that I never do but I can offer a few hug.gif to you and wish you all the best in this. Try to think postive and stay focused.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMSN

christinecooD
Posted: Nov 27 2006, 07:28 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 5,601

Relax. I know its hard, all of my children have had several surgeries. One child, completelyu life threatening when she was born. But even though all that she overcame it. I know its tough, I have never lost a child but my sister did. I understand that feeling to some extent. But stay positive, dont think about the negative. A million operations are done everyday and they are done suscefully. There are the rare occasions, but I think anything inolving our little babies is something to be a little worried about. So yes, be a a little neverous, but not too much, becuase I'm sure that in the end, things will turn out fine.
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Nov 27 2006, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

Shelly, your concerns are not groundless. Making the decision to place a child under general anesthetic is never one to be taken lightly. We were so scared when we had to do that to two of ours, Erin many times. At times like that you have to weigh the risk vs. benefit. To me, the risk is very low that there will be a problem, as Jenna is a healthy girl other than her adenoids. The benefit will be that she will be able to breathe easier and sleep better, thereby making her more healthy over-all. I think when you look at it that way you can see that the benefit outweighs the risk.

I would definitely share my concerns with the doctors, though, especially the anesthesiologist.

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Nov 27 2006, 07:35 PM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Member No.: 2,273

QUOTE (redchief @ Nov 27 2006, 10:32 PM)
Shelly, your concerns are not groundless. Making the decision to place a child under general anesthetic is never one to be taken lightly. We were so scared when we had to do that to two of ours, Erin many times. At times like that you have to weigh the risk vs. benefit. To me, the risk is very low that there will be a problem, as Jenna is a healthy girl other than her adenoids. The benefit will be that she will be able to breathe easier and sleep better, thereby making her more healthy over-all. I think when you look at it that way you can see that the benefit outweighs the risk.

I would definitely share my concerns with the doctors, though, especially the anesthesiologist.

I absolutely agree with Ed here. And her speech may be helped too in the long run. It isn't a decision to be made lightly, but sometimes it simply has to be done. Try hard not to worry yourself into a tizzy. Having your home full of dayhome kids has to be rough on your blood pressure already. hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0094 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]