Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> How often do you get out alone?, Dates or Just Home Alone
3xsthefun
Posted: Oct 22 2004, 12:36 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 227

I was just curious how often do you get to go out with the kids? Stay home alone?

I think we are fairly lucky since we have family near by. We get out maybe 1 or 2 times a month of alone time. There have been a couple months that we haven't though.

I always seem to really miss the kids too when they are not here. That is one reason we go out. smile.gif

--------------------
Tina wife to Rob (Sept. 25, 1999)
mommy to Kaitlynn (11), Maegan (7) & Ryan (3.5)
PMMSN
favre4fan
Posted: Oct 22 2004, 12:40 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 818

Um, usually when the boys go to the dads house which is every other weekend or holidays, etc.... smile.gif

--------------------
Elsa & Iain
Nolan 14
Austin 11
2 furkids(boxers) Kay & Koal

After 2 years 7 months TTC our first
together we finally got our miracle,
only to have it taken away....

2-23-07 ~ 15 weeks ~ user posted image Missed Mc

No farewells were spoken no time to
say goodbye, you were gone before we
knew it and only God knows why....

user posted image

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
MomToMany
Posted: Oct 22 2004, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

LOL, never. I don't remember the last time we went out alone. Definitely Pre-Hannah & Kayla days, that's for sure.

Jamison'smama
Posted: Oct 22 2004, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

My Little Loves

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 214

NEVER!!! We don't have family in town and so when they do come to see us, we want to spend time with them. We have several friends but they all have kids also and I hate adding to their stress.

--------------------
Brenda, a mom and wife in love with my family

The administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the moderators. Report a post using the report button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Oct 22 2004, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

UHhh well never, we were trying to make a habbit of going out once a month be we haven't been out without Alyssa since August and before that May it really sucks! I love Alyssa but it sucks being at home doing the same thing EVERY DAY! its depressing!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Oct 22 2004, 01:35 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

We haven't been out alone in a long time. sad.gif The last time we were supposed to go out alone (to a wedding rehearsal dinner) he stood me up. He couldn't leave work. wink.gif A very close friend and I have made a deal. Once a month we watch each other's kids so we can have time with our DH. We start Sunday...we will watch her baby (who is Ethan's age) wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
mama3x
Posted: Oct 22 2004, 05:05 PM
Quote Post

Kyrie loves Maisy!

Member No.: 552

I thought I'd be the only one saying NEVER!

Alyssa's mommy: you and I need to get together somehow and vent because I feel what you are saying!

DH works all day and now that he's started a 2nd job, he's out of the house even more. DS is at school so it's just me and DD all day, every weekday until someone comes home. We don't go anywhere without the kids EVER. I do have a break now and then (I don't ask, I just go so I don't strangle anyone) - I play in a volleyball league anywhere between 1-4 nights a week. However that's ending soon since I am due Jan.

We don't have anyone to watch DD - even though DS is 12 and can care for her for a little while, he's not the type you'd ask to babysit. With this little boy on the way, I don't think we'll be going anywhere for a long time!

--------------------
Dionne, wife to Kevin & proud SAHM of
Brenden (13yrs), Kyrie "BoogaGirl" (23m), Dallas "Boy-Boy"(20wks)

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Oct 22 2004, 05:21 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 249

NEVER here too! unless you count working once a week for 5 hrs rolleyes.gif Jamie's parents won't sit at night and my dad works a lot and doesn't do diapers dry.gif . i am not comfortable leaving her with someone she doesn't know well especially since she is bf. i want her to be as comfortable as possible without her nummies lol. Jamie and i were both wishing we could just go for a drink tonight like we used to. one day....

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Oct 23 2004, 04:53 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

We got to go out alone for a few hours last Friday night....the first time since July. My parents live right down the road from us and we still don't get out very much.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Josie83
Posted: Oct 27 2004, 10:12 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 622

jason probably go out together about once or twice a month, and alone about another twice a month. Our brothers and my sisters are good at babysitting, and so is my best friend who has a little girl Cassie's age. I love going out with him just the two of us, but sometimes its nice to have a night in . . . wink.gif xx
PMEmail Poster
ediep
Posted: Oct 27 2004, 10:29 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Member No.: 81

rarely! I guess if it is a scheduled event like a party or wedding that Jason can't go to, we get my mom or MIl to watch Jason. We never just go to dinner or a movie.

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
DansMom
Posted: Oct 27 2004, 10:53 AM
Quote Post

kids keep you young!

Member No.: 223

Maybe once every two or three months. Even with family nearby, because I work full time I just hate being apart from Daniel at times I'm not working, although on a weekend I don't feel as bad about it. Every now and then it really feels good to eat a warm dinner from start to finish without helping someone else eat between my own bites. When we go out, we end up talking all about Daniel anyway lol! We each get out separately too, about once a month for me, and that is great. I'm going to a halloween party on Saturday night, leaving Daniel home with DH. I am really looking forward to being just me for a couple of hours. Of course, this follows up on DH being in Kansas City for three days (work-related). I'll be off work and full-time mommy until he gets back.

--------------------
Tracy, George and Daniel (11/25/02)
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
TANNER'S MOM
Posted: Oct 27 2004, 11:25 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 824

My husband and I try for once a month. But try to steal little moments together. Like when my son is watching a movie, he is 6. We may stroll down our drive way together.

I used to have a lot of guilt. But my Grandma who has since past away told to me really KNOW my husband and love him, because all my kids would move away and all I would have is my husband. I really took that to heart and I have tried to really make him #1 in my life, and let the kids be #1 in our life....does that make sence?

--------------------
PM
DansMom
Posted: Oct 27 2004, 11:35 AM
Quote Post

kids keep you young!

Member No.: 223

Makes sense to me!! thumb.gif

--------------------
Tracy, George and Daniel (11/25/02)
user posted image

PMEmail Poster

MomToJade&Jordan
Posted: Oct 27 2004, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

Nothing like having a sister...

Member No.: 212

Oh my um hardly never. We live about 5000 miles away from our families so going out for us is a very rare ocassion. We got to go to that concert last Sat night and were able to go to a luau while my parents were here, but those were kind of like scheduled things. DH isn't really the going out type so we spend a lot of time at home, plus I feel bad if I'm constantly asking someone to watch Jade

--------------------
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.

I've been hugged by Lisa, Kelly, Jennifer, Erika, Jimmie, Nichole, Kimberly, and Tammy. Thanks ladies!
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Boys r us
Posted: Oct 29 2004, 05:55 AM
Quote Post

Alliebelle & Mommy

Member No.: 378

I guess we're lucky b/c we also have family on both sides who can help us. we get out 3 or 4 times a month lately!

--------------------
NICHOLE
Wife to Rick and Mommy to my 3 loves..Tanner, Braedon and Alexandra MiaBella
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0178 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]