Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> My 2008 journal, this will be my year
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 4 2008, 08:00 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

Okay here I go I am here to drop 50 lbs over all. I am ashamed of myself for gaining last year instead of losing. Everyday I am doing something some type of movement for as long as I can go. So far so good 3 out of 3. I am working on the food as well but in little steps as I know it will not be easy. I am making the effort though and thats what counts.

I never want to see my highest weight again. I now have a fresh new ticker and I will probably do fridays as offical weight in days.

I aslo decided if I feel the need to much when I am at home and not hungry to find something to clean in the house, it deffinaly need a good cleaning out. So hopefully not only will it help the muchines go away but I will end up with a cleaner house.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 4 2008, 08:18 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 101

Congrats on the fresh start, sometimes we just need to regroup and tackle it head on, I bet your house will be sparkling clean by the end of 2008. cheerleader.gif You can do this.

Terri
PMEmail PosterMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 4 2008, 08:27 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

thank you I hope we can isprie each other to be big losers......of weight

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

lisar
Posted: Jan 4 2008, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

Good luck to you!!!!
PMEmail Poster
Calimama
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 08:15 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

banana.gif banana.gif I wanted to give you some encouragement! tongue.gif hug.gif hug.gif

This post has been edited by Bellasmommy10 on Jan 5 2008, 08:15 PM
PMEmail Poster
Sam & Abby's Mom
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 08:59 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 11,125

Congratulations - finding the motivation is half the battle. Now that you've found it, I'm sure you will succeed. Good luck and keep the Faith.

--------------------
Peggy
Wife to Tim (Oct 1996)
Mom to Sammy (Nov 2004), Abby (Jun 2006)
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 09:31 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

QUOTE (Kaitlin'smom @ Jan 4 2008, 09:00 AM)
I aslo decided if I feel the need to much when I am at home and not hungry to find something to clean in the house, it deffinaly need a good cleaning out. So hopefully not only will it help the muchines go away but I will end up with a cleaner house.

That is a great idea, I do that when I am quitting smoking (which shouldn't have happened more than once blush.gif ) but anyway, it really works to take your mind off of cravings plus you get a happy boost from your efforts. And cleaning burns calories too! thumb.gif

We're all behind you, you can do this! hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 06:31 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

thanks everyone. I did kinda not do great yesterday, I did not eat when I should have (was far to busy) but did get soem exercise in....roller skating. I am sore today but I had a BLAST. Oh and the left over cake is calling my name.......

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 7 2008, 06:51 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

WOOOO HOOOO lost 1lbs this weekend. I did take Sunday off as I was sore from the skating. I know I should not weight in more than once a week but I like to see monday and fridays. gives me hope on monday that I did good and again on friday to keep me going on the weekend.

whew 4 down and more to go.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 7 2008, 08:49 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

today has been good food wise so far, I am really trying here to eat better and not call it diet. I woudl like to change my habits over all not just for a short time to last this weight and then have it come back. I wish it was not going to be dark when I got home or I coudl go for a walk. maybe I will just walk outside in my yard to some tunes, just to get fresh air. I dunno I will do some type of work out today 5 out of 6 days so far. thumb.gif time for lunch.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 8 2008, 06:50 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Congrats on the loss Di, you can do this. cheerleader.gif Keep up the great work and those lifestyle changes will come. It has taken me nearly 15 years to not beat myself up after haveing a slip up. I have learned to roll with the ups and downs life has to hand out. If you can't enjoy life while losing weight you may not keep the weight off once your losing journey ends. JMO

Have a great day.

Terri
PMEmail PosterMSN
katiesmom2002
Posted: Jan 8 2008, 06:56 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 18,136

It sounds like you are truley motivated and that is what will keep you going. Good luck to you.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Photobucket

Photobucket

Alicia-
Wife to Josh
Mom to Katie

PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Jan 8 2008, 07:53 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

Congrats on the four lbs! thumb.gif

You're doing a great job, one day at a time. hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 8 2008, 08:53 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

smile.gif thanks I love the words of encouragement. I did great yesterday. Over all eating was pretty much healthy and on track. kaitlin and I did share a piece of cake, so I was only 1/2 as bad laugh.gif I did 'walk' but in the house. I got about a good 15 minuts in. So far today is good as well. I will need to go to the store soon and restock on somethings. I was very tempted to weigh in again today but refrained. I will do my best to wait till friday.

question for my supporters, thursday night I have a meeting and we are going to have pizza from my favorite place with my favoriet toppings, I need to figure something out to controll myself I dont want to go over board. Ohand drinking water before hand to fill me DOES NOT work sad.gif . Any suggestions?

thanks again off to have lunch. smile.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

booey2
Posted: Jan 8 2008, 08:55 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Hi, enjoy your lunch. As for Thursday night, I know it will be hard but maybe pack yourself a big salad and have that first. Then if you would like a treat and have a piece of pizza have one and then try and get some extra activity in. If you start with the salad, have some protien in it, then it should help to fill you first by the time you want your pizza you should be in conrtol. HTH

Terri
PMEmail PosterMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Jan 8 2008, 10:30 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Aren't you allowed to have one cheat day? I say be good the rest of the week knowing that on Thursday you are going to cheat. This will be motivation to stay on track the rest of the week and you won't have to feel guilty about Thursday. So, you are being good 20 meals this week and only splurging on 1... that's pretty good odds.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 8 2008, 11:18 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

good theory but I have to be good thursday as I am going out friday night and want to spluge a little and have a drink or 2 blush.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 9 2008, 08:01 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

not bad last night but should have stoped at 1 bowl of cereal. I did find a couple workouts to do. thumb.gif they were short but effective, well I did stop 1/2 though one as I coudl just not 'get it' and did not want to waste my time, so I did a different one. over all it was 25 minutes.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 10 2008, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

got home and fixed dinner I had chicken, a little pasta and broccoli YUMMY. then we went out so I got alot of walking in well around kohls, and a funiture store that was going out of business, I even choose to walk between the stores instead of riding in the car thumb.gif. then I want home and basically crashed as I was tired so other than that walking around thats all I did.

so far today is a good day......supposed to have pizza tonight so I do have to becareful on that one and think before I over eat.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jan 10 2008, 08:57 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Good for you for doing all that walking. Sounds like you have a plan for tonight, stick with it and you will see your results. Great Job. cheerleader.gif thumb.gif
PMEmail PosterMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 10 2008, 10:56 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

ya I got to I weight in tomorrow and I need to see the same or less or my weekend might suck.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 15 2008, 04:33 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

ops have not checked in a few days.....friday was good weight the same, better than gaining. I did work out thumb.gif saturday I was soooo lazy and very tired so I did not do much at all that day, and TBH I have no idea if I worked out or not. wacko.gif Sunday did some cleaning and laundery. I over ate in the evenings, I am working on getting a hadle on that. I did not work out sunday. Monday was a good day I really stayed on track I DID NOT over eat last night and I worked out. I did a specific arm workout (tring to tone up the jiggle laugh.gif ) and specific ab work out ( ohmy.gif that was tough) and then a hip hop (that kick my buty) I am a bit sore today but feel good.

today is another day and will be a good one. thumb.gif

hug.gif to all

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Jan 15 2008, 04:47 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

WTG Di
it sounds like your doing good
Can I make one suggestion this is what I'm doing almost every night
I eat a salad every night before dinner it helps fill you up so you dont over eat at dinner time then if I get hungry later I grab fruit.

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 15 2008, 06:05 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

thanks for the suggestion. Its not dinner I over eat at. I am really good at that its later when I am a little hungry but dont really need anything I need to be more careful at and make better picks.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jan 15 2008, 09:25 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Congrats on staying the same, especially after 2 nights of challenges. Not sure what to suggest for late night snacking, I know if I am hungry after dinner, I will have a bowl of WW veggie soup. It is very filling and hits the spot when I am craving something but not sure what. The only pitfall is that you have to have it made up and in the fridge waiting or have the ingredients to make one up when needed. hug.gif you can do this.
PMEmail PosterMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0191 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]