Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Joni's getting slim journal, finally :)
HuskerMom
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 02:01 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,388

I finally got around to starting my journal. I'm horrible at procratinating smile.gif I've set a goal of losing 20 lbs for now. Once I lose that maybe I'll think about losing some more but for now I'm focusing on 20. My biggest problem is starting a diet and sticking with it for a week then stopping. I really have a soft spot for fast food too, which I know is horrible for me so I'm trying to eat less of that. But sometimes it's easier cuz I don't have to cook and there's no dishes smile.gif Especially if I'm out running errands. I'm also trying to cut way back on the pop I drink and eating when I'm bored. I'm only eating at meal times and if I do eat something between meals it's fruit or something like that. And since the weather has been so nice lately (in the 60's and 70's) I figured I don't have any excuse to not go outside and walk smile.gif So today Keith and I walked around the park for about an hour. So I'm going to try to take him for a walk once a day, at least around the neighborhood. I'm not sure what to do yet for exercise when the weather turns cold again though. Anyway, I'm hoping I'll be more likely to stick with it this time if I start a journal. wub.gif

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Member No.: 2,273

Welcome, Joni. We're a big bunch of losers around here. LOL. Glad to have you along for the ride.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
HuskerMom
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Thanks! I think I did pretty good today. I skipped breakfast though, but I never eat breakfast. I always feel kinda sick if I eat after I get up. But I had a salad for lunch and water instead of pop. I took an hour walk in the park. I had italian chicken and mandarin oranges for supper. Then Dh and I walked around the neighborhood with Keith. It was only about 15 minutes but still it's better than sitting on my butt watching tv, which I do way too much smile.gif So far so good thumb.gif

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Mar 13 2007, 08:27 AM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Good start! Keep it up. thumb.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
HuskerMom
Posted: Mar 13 2007, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Yay! No fast food today! I took a 20 minute walk this morning. I need to see if they make sunglasses for babies, the sun was in Keith's face part of the time smile.gif We're going to the inlaws for supper. I hope it doesn't throw me off, my MIL is such a good cook. I always end up eating 2nd's. Maybe I'll take a longer walk tomorrow smile.gif

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Mar 13 2007, 01:10 PM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,459

Welcome!!!! You're doing great with the exercise...that's something I need to work on!!!!! And they do make baby sunglasses, and they're cute too!!

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM
HuskerMom
Posted: Mar 14 2007, 08:00 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

The exercise is the hardest part for me. I really just have to force myself to do it. I added sit-ups yesterday though. I did 40. Supper at the inlaws last night we had turkey with gravy, mashed potatoes, broccoli and salad. Water instead of pop again. I forgot how much better their well water is than our water in town smile.gif We had apple pie for desert. I almost didn't have any pie but couldn't say no, it was so good with whipped cream. I'm thinking a longer walk this afternoon. smile.gif

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
HuskerMom
Posted: Mar 14 2007, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Just got back from my walk. I walked to my grandma's, visited with her then walked back. It was about a 40 minute walk not counting the time I was at her house. Also did 40 situps earlier. Maybe do more later dunno.gif I wore the wrong shoes yesterday when I walked so now my foot is killing me sad.gif I know what Dh would say, suck it up buttercup laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
HuskerMom
Posted: Mar 15 2007, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

I haven't done so good today. I haven't had any exercise yet unless you count the hour we walked around walmart. Plus we had taco johns for lunch. But I stopped after one taco and a handful of ole's. And I was craving a snack this afternoon and instead of eating chocolate I had carrots. Really didn't taste as well of course but oh well.

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
HuskerMom
Posted: Mar 15 2007, 09:06 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Ok today sucked. I didn't exercise at all and didn't eat that good. For supper I had a chicken sandwich with fries. Not fast food but still, not good for me. And I've been craving ice cream since the weather has been warmer. But tomorrow is another day, hopefully better dry.gif

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
HuskerMom
Posted: Mar 16 2007, 06:08 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Well today wasn't better at all. I did no exercise again and ate really bad. I'm having a really hard time saying no to cravings. I've been craving pasta and pizza and lots of other stuff that I shouldn't be eating so often. But I'm determined to get back into the swing of things tomorrow.

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
HuskerMom
Posted: Mar 17 2007, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Today has been a little better. I forced myself to take a 40 minute walk and I'm trying to figure out something healtier for supper. yummy.gif

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
HuskerMom
Posted: Mar 18 2007, 12:46 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Today's been going well. I haven't been snacking and I haven't had fast food in days smile.gif Keith and I walked around the park for about a half an hour. Then I drove around the same route to see how long it was and it was 1.3 miles. Not too bad maybe next time I'll go for longer. I've been getting frustrated and disappointed though. I know I haven't been doing this for long but it just seems like I'm getting nowhere. dry.gif I guess I'll have to go longer to see results.

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
HuskerMom
Posted: Mar 19 2007, 11:18 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Today's been going well. I walked over to my mom's which took about a half and hour. I had lunch over there. I had one of her south beach diet things. It was chicken tortillas and jello and a bottle of water. Then I walked home. About an hour of walking today. But AF visited today so now I get to feel fat and bloated for a few days which sucks.

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

HuskerMom
Posted: Mar 24 2007, 11:26 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Yay! One whole pound lost! I was starting to get discouraged but now I'm motivated again!

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Mar 24 2007, 11:29 AM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Those changes are very hard to make. But congrats on your first pound. Bet it feels good. Keep it up! thumb.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
HuskerMom
Posted: Mar 25 2007, 12:06 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Today's been good. No pop, no fast food and I took about a 30 minute walk. I'm still craving pasta and stuff like that but I'm trying harder to ignore it smile.gif I have extra incentive now, got out all of my capris and none of them fit. dry.gif So now I really want to fit into them again especially since the weather is nicer smile.gif

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
HuskerMom
Posted: Mar 29 2007, 08:32 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

I've done really good the last few days. I've walked each day except yesterday when I helped Dh carry in a ton of heavy drywall so I counted that as exercise smile.gif It wore me out. Now Dh and I are going to diet together. I keep telling him he doesn't need to lose weight (he's 5' 10" and about 165 lbs) but he says he's not in shape like he wants to be. So I figure if we're doing it together it'll help me even more to stick with it.

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
HuskerMom
Posted: Apr 1 2007, 08:57 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

I weighed myself this morning and almost fell off the scale, I lost two more pounds! I had to step off and try again, I couldn't believe it. I'm so excited!

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Apr 2 2007, 07:41 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

congrats and best of luck

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
HuskerMom
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 03:20 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

I haven't posted on here for a while but I'm still doing good. I haven't lost anything for a little while but haven't gained anything either, so that's good I guess. We go out to eat with Dh's parents every tuesday so that always kind of throws me off but it hasn't been too bad. Today carpeting the living room and moving all the furniture was good exercise. I am beat!

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 05:37 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Maintaining is just as hard as losing so you are doing great! The key is to not have a gain and you've done that. Keep up the great work. cheerleader.gif cheerleader.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Apr 12 2007, 08:44 AM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Keep it up and keep us posted, Joni. I agree with Karen, maintaining is hard work. And a weekly dinner out with in-laws would throw a wrench in the works. Good job. It'll happen.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
HuskerMom
Posted: Apr 15 2007, 12:00 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

The weather had been cold and crappy for a long time so I couldn't get out and walk. Yesterday it finally warmed up so I took a long walk yesterday and today. I really didn't want to today, had to force myself to go, now I'm so glad I did. I've been eating a lot of salad lately and I got carrots to snack on instead of chips. Dh's vacation is coming up in a couple weeks. We're going to try to get as much done to the house as we can so that's going to be good exercise too. Can't wait! laugh.gif

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 11:57 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

sounds like a good plan........keep up the good work and it will pay off.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0166 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]