Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Rocky - Journal for 2006
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 5 2006, 08:39 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

Ok, I will do a fresh start too.

So far, the beginning of January sucked - I ate too many cookies and truffles and all that bad Holiday stuff... but today I haven't eaten anything yet - so it's as good a day as any to start. biggrin.gif

I've had about 5 ounces of water so far. I drink more water in the middle of the night it seems... dunno.gif

My start weight is approximately 195. I gained a few over the Holidays. blush.gif

My first goal weight is 170.

25 pounds sounds a heck of a lot easier to lose than almost 60. tongue.gif

I'm going to make an effort to go to the excercise room today. Even if it's only for 10 minutes of biking / treadmill... that's 10 minutes more than usual. I'm still feeling a litle sick.. so hopefully 10 minutes isn't going to get me exhausted! lol

I'm planning on salad wih tuna for lunch, with italian dressing.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Jan 5 2006, 08:42 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,035

Great Plans!!!!!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 6 2006, 06:25 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I had the salad yesterday, I skipped on the tuna - I wasn't feeling in the mood for tuna. tongue.gif

For dinner, I had a chicken finger, some oven baked fries, and 2 homemade hamburger patties, with ketchup.

Later at night - I got such a HUGE craving for chocolate... I had a small bite of it.

Then another... and soon, I had eaten 4 strips of 5 pieces... I guess the size of 4 Aero bars.... I felt so sick afterwards. I felt like such a pig. To make matters worse, I had a pepsi too.

At least I got my 10 minutes in at the gym.... rolleyes.gif

I'm up early today - I've got a meeting with the person whose job I'll be taking over when I go back to work part-time in march... and then I'm stopping at the gym - and I'm going to stay there for a while, Naomie will be in the bodycarrier, so I'lls tay until she's REALLY fussy. She'll love the bouncing around, I'm sure... it's what we do here. tongue.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 8 2006, 09:17 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I pigged out last night... bread is a killer to me. Believe it or not.. I had EIGHT toast. blush.gif

i shouldn't eat for like 3 days now... lol

good thing i'm drinking loads of water. blush.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 9 2006, 09:31 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

growl.gif growl.gif

I have NO self control. Zip. Nada. NONE!!! DH bought ice cream sandwiches and cheddar sun chips... what a butt head. OF COURSE, I had to have some. DH said he wouldn't have any in front of me - but they're still HERE!!

Mooooo.

Anyhoo - last night I had some cross rib steak foir dinner... I shared my 4x4x1 piece with the kids.... so I had about 4 or 5 ounces of steak, with some sour cream & chives pasta.

I did have some fruit yesterday though - 2 clementines, half an apple and a handful of grapes. I had 3 3-cup glasses of water during the day, and a hot chocolate while I took a hot bubblebath. cool.gif

Today - dh came home for lunch, so I had a bowl of the Kraft dinner he made, with some coffee. I'm gonna go to the gym around 4:30pm - anmd dh is going to walk by and "pick me up" so we can walk home together around 5. It's only up some stairs, through the overpsas and down some stairs... lol so it's not like i have very far to go.... no excuses. laugh.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 10 2006, 09:38 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I said no excuses... but I had a good one. I was online here all day - then when it came time to go to the gym, I had a meeting with the new sitter for Naomie.

rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif

Well I could have gotten off my butt to go to the gym... but I didn't feel like it. sad.gif I'm the only one to blame there. Will try again today.

For dinner last night, since we got home so late from the meeting and pickingn up the kids etc... dinner wasn't alreayd made, so we stopped at McDicks. I had 2 bigmacs and some fries - I sharecd the fries with the kids.

2 big macs. I feel sick just thinking about it...but boy were they good. yummy.gif

To make things worse - I had like 30 smarties last night. Then I had a pickle and cheese snadwich. yummy.gif

I hope today is better.... I've drank about 2 cups of water so far, and I had chili macaroni noodles for lunch with some corn and dried beans (cooked of course) mixed it - kinda like a chili. It was pretty good.

Off to chug-a-lug more water. I haven't GAINED any weight since last week, just haven't lost any yet. blush.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jan 10 2006, 09:42 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

Keep up the good work, remember you are still a nursing momma so you need to lose slow and steady so you can continue to nurse. It will come in time. cheerleader.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 10 2006, 10:35 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (booey2 @ Jan 10 2006, 01:42 PM)
Keep up the good work, remember you are still a nursing momma so you need to lose slow and steady so you can continue to nurse. It will come in time. cheerleader.gif

yup - one of the reasons i'm doing this only half-4$$ed.

rolling_smile.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 10 2006, 07:30 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Well fir dinner I had about 2/3 of a 5 ounce steak again. Yum!

With pan fried vegetables and some parmesan noodles.
Then I had 3 sugar cookies, and snacked on about 6 chocolate cookies since then... bawling.gif

But i drank about 60 ounces of water today.

happy.gif

I'm having a coffee right now, cuz i havben't had one today and needed my fix. rolling_smile.gif

oh - i took down my christmas tree, picked up all the toys in the toyroom and rearranged my furniture to close the gap where the tree was. That's gotta count for something, right?

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 12 2006, 11:16 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Ok - I had 2 bowls of salad for dinner..... i put a bit of garlic, cheese, peach chunks and raisins in it, with balsamic vinaigrette.... sound weird, but it was yummy. Even dh said so. tongue.gif HE and the kids had spaghetti.

then at like 11pm - i got really hungry - I had 4 slices of bread with light cheez whiz. and a peppermint patty. sleep.gif

Today - so far I haven't had much - a coffee and a plum. I had a meeting at 11am to discuss my job tasks... and I got up late (10:30) so i didn't have time to eat, what with showering, dressing me, getting the baby ready to go etc...

and so I got home at 12:30, thought DH was coming home for lunch... Naomie fell asleep so I put her down and started painting in zach's room... next thing i know it's almost 2... so i call dh and ask him when he's coming home - he tells me he went to burger king around 1... dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif

now i'm hungry. I could have some salad - but i was keeping what's left for dinner.... maybe I'll make tuna casserole for dinner and just make myself a small bowl of oatmeal, with an apple for now.

Yep - that's what I'm going to do.

Oh - ETA - I stopped at the gym an my way home... I only did 7 or 8 minutes of cycling - but it was at a resistance level of 4/4 (the hardest) and at a constant speed of over 15 miles per hour. (between 15 - 20)

it's a start... blush.gif

This post has been edited by ZEN Mommy on Jan 12 2006, 11:17 AM

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 13 2006, 08:35 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I ended up npt having the oatmeal or apple... I just got into doing other stuff to keep distracted until dinnertime, since it was not far anyways. Since I had the casserole made by 4pm, when dh got home at 4:15 I had a bowl of it. He had one after... then we went grocery shopping and picked up the kids.

Later that night, I had 2 peanut butter and nutella sandwiches... the second one also had sliced cheese on it.

sad.gif

this morning - I'm drinking a Pepsi. Not the greatest thing, but lately I can't control my cravings. I just...gotta have it - or I get to be this raving lunatic.

I'd better not be pregnant - cuz I'm gonna shoot myself.... well not really - just in the "catch phrase" type of way....dh said, jokingly: well it would be fuuuun

idiot

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 17 2006, 11:16 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Yesterday for lunch I had 2 small pork chops (very small - both together was like a normal one) and some cooked beets, with some salad and a bun, and 2 cookies. For dinner, I had 4 chicken fingers and a few bites of noodles. Later on at night, I had a tomato sandwich and some mini meat pies. rolleyes.gif

Hey - I don't have breakfast... so my meals are at 12:30, 5:30 and 11pm rolling_smile.gif

gotta cut that last one out and bring it earlier!!!

Today for lunch I had a small bowl of vegetable and noodle soup, with some Boeuf bourgignon, half a boiled potato, some cooked carrots and a bun. To dip in the leftover sauce. yummy.gif

I don't know what to make for dinner tonight... I really have no idea.

I've been drinking more coffee though... I have to get up earlier - like 8am earlier... i usually get up close to noon!! This is tough. So i drink a pot of coffee. Granted the pot only makes 2 1/2 mugs worth... so I have 1 1/2 in the morning, and 1 after dinner. Mugs that is, not pot. laugh.gif It's thermal. happy.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 17 2006, 11:50 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Ooh Rocky, is that coffee decaf? How does Emilie handle that? happy.gif My girls would have been wired to the next planet with that much caffeine at once. laugh.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 17 2006, 08:27 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (boogabearzmom @ Jan 17 2006, 02:50 PM)
Ooh Rocky, is that coffee decaf? How does Emilie handle that? happy.gif My girls would have been wired to the next planet with that much caffeine at once. laugh.gif

Nope... and NAOMIE (lol!! ) handles it just fine. It doesn't prevent her from sleeping, doesn't keep her up, no reactions... lol

I don't make it very strong though, so it might as well be decaf. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 18 2006, 08:39 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Last nigh for dinner we had macaroni with sauce - no meat though. I had something else late at night, I just don't remember what. Probably meat pie. rolleyes.gif

Today for lunch I had Smoked Meat sandwich and fries, with a pepsi.

For dinner, I had some salmon, some mushroom rice, and some green beans with cooked pieces of onion. It was so goooood... that I had a secomd SMALL helping. yummy.gif

I made plain muffins with peach chunks in them today, so I had a few bite sized onews and a regular sized one with some icing on it. tongue.gif

I drank a pot of coffee, and 3 big 3 cup glasses of water, mixed at 2/3 water to 1/3 cranberry-raspberry juice. blush.gif

Oh and I re-weighed myself a little while ago... scale said 195.4 Figures it goes down after the weigh in... lolol

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 19 2006, 08:07 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I had a plain muffin with peach chunks in it this morning at 7am... I haven't gotten up that early in months!!! rolling_smile.gif

Then I went to get my hair cut. What a mistake. dry.gif

Then I came home, had a coffee and 2 slices of bread with Peanut butter.

I don't know what lunch is yet, I don't think I'm going to the dining hall today... and I think I'm going to make Potato Soup for dinner. Yum. With bacon.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 19 2006, 08:12 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

Good job Rocky and by the way you look mar-ve-lous.

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 19 2006, 08:36 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Aww thanks Terri!

hug.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 20 2006, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I ended up not havig lunch yesterday - had 2 bowls of potato soup though. unsure.gif

Today for lunch I had 2 hotdogs and fries... and for dinner a small piece of teriyaki chicken, a small piece of stewing beef with onions, some rice and green beans. Off to cut up some fruit for a chocolate fondue - the outlaws are here.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 21 2006, 02:33 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Had some KFC with the trimmings for lunch today... having macaroni with meat sauce for dinner.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 21 2006, 06:31 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

Hey Rocky...do you mind some constructive criticism? tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 21 2006, 07:25 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

go for it!

(lemme guess - the bread? rolling_smile.gif )

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 22 2006, 08:31 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (ZEN Mommy @ Jan 21 2006, 09:25 PM)
go for it!

(lemme guess - the bread? rolling_smile.gif )

rolling_smile.gif

Well, I did notice a lot of carbs in your diet. happy.gif I know you want to lose weight and I just saw a few ways to help you. wink.gif

For instance: They make fat free hot dogs and whole wheat hot dog buns. I buy these b/c I happen to LOVE hot dogs. tongue.gif And, they really do taste good. wink.gif I also love potato soup (which is loaded with fat and calories), but I have a low fat version that I make and you really can't tell it's low fat. yummy.gif

I'm not sure what kind of bread you are eating, but wheat is always the best choice. You want to get as much fiber in your diet as possible. TRY to avoid anything fried. And, be sure and check the fat and calorie content on everything you put into your mouth.

How are you doing your diet currently? Are you watching calories? counting points?
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 22 2006, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

carbs are my weakness... especially toasted bread. yummy.gif

we buy white and whole wheat, we mix it up... happy.gif

wanna share the recipe for low fat potato soup? lol biggrin.gif

I try not to eat too much fried food.. but it's sooo easy and takes sooo little time... it's hard not to. blush.gif

I'm not counting points, since I'm practically clueless about WW... but I sort of check calories. If it's a snack and it's over 150 cal, I won't eat it. Meals I don't check. sleep.gif

I'm trying to lose a little - but I'm not REALLY trying that hard, since I don't want to compromise my miks supply. It's a big deal to me - I've never gotten this far with my other kids. So she comes first... but I am toning up slowly, I bought a new tighter pair of pants today. biggrin.gif

I don't have the self-discipline NOT to eat snacks. I'm trying though, I really really am. We have more fruit around the house and less crackers etc... so now my snacks are usually grapes or an apple... I'm good all day until the late evening around 11pm... then I go nuts. growl.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 23 2006, 06:31 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I think we all fight the same battles. sleep.gif I will get that recipe to you and if you need anything else or have any questions just don't be afraid to ask. hug.gif
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0119 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]