Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Is she 6 or 16?
coasterqueen
  Posted: Feb 3 2009, 06:36 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

You decide for yourself, lol.

(conversation last night on the way home from gymnastics)

Kylie: Mom?

Me: Yes, sweetheart.

Kylie: Jake broke up with me today. He is dating Anna now. Anna is my friend.

Me: I’m sorry Kylie. How does that make you feel?

Kylie: Sad. Very sad. Wait until I tell daddy. He will be jumping up and down, shaking his booty in the air, saying “Jake’s gone! Jake’s gone!”

Me: I’m sorry your sad Kylie (btw, while talking to her I’m trying not to giggle about the daddy remark). Just know there are more fish in the sea and when you are older you will find the right one.

Kylie: What is fish in the sea?

Me: What I mean is that they are other boys besides Jake. He is not the only boy out there and when you are old enough (much older) to have a boyfriend there will be more.

Kylie: I know, Mom.

Me: Why did he break up with you?

Kylie: I don’t know mom. I know he loves me.

Me: How do you know that?

Kylie: Because he kissed me before and that means he loved me.

Me: I see. (that’s about all I could say because I was confused and taken back about why I was having a conversation like this with my SIX year old!!!!)

SIGH, Ryan and I are in T R O U B L E.
rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Feb 3 2009, 06:48 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

sounds like some conversations I have had with Kaitlin. She says she has an ex-boyfriend and she broke up with him, I asked her why and she told me because we fought to much. ohmy.gif so I am right there with you, in TROUBLE.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Feb 3 2009, 07:02 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

Oh dear! Isn't it great though!!!! I mean just having a normal conversation about boys!!! You are in trouble, but she seems smart enough about it!!! wub.gif

Kissing = Love - how cute!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 3 2009, 07:09 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (moped @ Feb 3 2009, 10:02 AM)
Oh dear! Isn't it great though!!!! I mean just having a normal conversation about boys!!! You are in trouble, but she seems smart enough about it!!! wub.gif

Kissing = Love - how cute!

laugh.gif DH's response wasn't cute. He was like "oh I hope she's not that naive at 16. If she thinks kissing means love..........oh I hope she's not that naive then". rolling_smile.gif It is cute now, but it won't be so cute when she's older. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Feb 3 2009, 07:18 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

ohmy.gif Karen OMG NOOOO these babies need to slow it down!!! I KNOW you are NOT looking forward to teen years, I know I'm NOT!!!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
redchief
Posted: Feb 3 2009, 07:33 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

Poor Ryan. I recall having similar feelings when my daughters were 6. Boys are so much easier!

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
MoonMama
Posted: Feb 3 2009, 09:35 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 4,927

ohmy.gif OMG! hug.gif hug.gif
PM
maestra
Posted: Feb 3 2009, 11:38 PM
Quote Post

Giselle Rebecca

Member No.: 115

Jaci and I haven't had this conversation yet, but we had a similar one in K after the teacher told us she kissed a boy (his mom was picking him up early and she kissed him on the cheek like we do when dh goes to work), and he was her "boyfriend". She told me "Yeah mom, he's my friend, and he's a boy....duh! BOY FRIEND! Sheesh..."

Now what I really need here is a smilie that wipes the sweat off his forehead! stars.gif But that one will have to work for now!

A lot of my first graders tell me about having boyfriends towards the end of the year. I usually squelch it by telling them that they have to have a job to have a girlfriend because girlfriends cost a lot of money- you have to take them to restaurants and buy them presents. biggrin.gif Especially jewelry. The girls usually back me up on that one. It doesn't really stop it on the playground, but it stops the discussions in class.

--------------------
Michelle
Wife to Henry (6/8/02)
and Mommy to Jaquelyn (Jaci) 9/23/02, Giselle 1/4/05 and Brian 1/7/09

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Feb 4 2009, 02:49 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Oh, that's funny Karen. laugh.gif

Ashley had a "boyfriend" at school. She told me that she told him that she had to break up with him because Daddy said she wasn't allow to have a boyfriend until she was 16. laugh.gif She said that they could still be friends, but last time I heard he loves Madeliene now.

You're right, the drama is cute now but I am so NOT looking forward to the teenage years!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 4 2009, 06:07 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Feb 4 2009, 05:49 AM)
Oh, that's funny Karen. laugh.gif

Ashley had a "boyfriend" at school. She told me that she told him that she had to break up with him because Daddy said she wasn't allow to have a boyfriend until she was 16. laugh.gif She said that they could still be friends, but last time I heard he loves Madeliene now.

You're right, the drama is cute now but I am so NOT looking forward to the teenage years!

laugh.gif Ryan told Kylie she couldn't have one until she was 30. rolling_smile.gif I don't know why this worries me so much now, but I guess it's because he's been her "steady" boyfriend since Pre-K.

What worries me more is Megan talks non-stop about her boyfriend "Isaiah" and is completely focused on getting married to any boy she meets. rolleyes.gif rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 4 2009, 06:08 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (maestra @ Feb 4 2009, 02:38 AM)
Jaci and I haven't had this conversation yet, but we had a similar one in K after the teacher told us she kissed a boy (his mom was picking him up early and she kissed him on the cheek like we do when dh goes to work), and he was her "boyfriend". She told me "Yeah mom, he's my friend, and he's a boy....duh! BOY FRIEND! Sheesh..."

Now what I really need here is a smilie that wipes the sweat off his forehead! stars.gif But that one will have to work for now!

A lot of my first graders tell me about having boyfriends towards the end of the year. I usually squelch it by telling them that they have to have a job to have a girlfriend because girlfriends cost a lot of money- you have to take them to restaurants and buy them presents. biggrin.gif Especially jewelry. The girls usually back me up on that one. It doesn't really stop it on the playground, but it stops the discussions in class.

Yeah, I'm not really sure I was prepared for the convo and we've actually had several because this has been her boyfriend since Pre-K, so I don't believe I handled it all too well, but come on I thought I had several more years for this! rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0156 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]