Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Why having a workout partner is a great idea
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: May 18 2006, 09:59 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

I don't know if I told you all, but I have a workout partner. Her name is Lisa and our daughters are in the same Kindergarten class. wink.gif She's been a fitness instructor for 21 years. blink.gif She's very knowledgeable and is so encouraging and supportive. I just love her. happy.gif

We took a class this morning (as we do most mornings) and she noticed when I was tired that I was getting sloppy on my form. It's nice that she is there to correct me b/c that is what I need. If my form isn't correct I can hurt myself and I know this, but she also shows me other ways to do the exercise to be just as effective, but no so hard when I am fatigued. wink.gif After class we went over some things. Just things as simple as your basic squat and she really helped me to see and feel what I was doing wrong. blush.gif

Tomorrow another one of the moms in the class will start joining us everyday. She hasn't been working out so that should be interesting. These classes are very hard. laugh.gif Anyway, I'm excited that I have a group of wonderful, uplifting women to work out with. I've met so many people so far at the gym. I really love it there. wub.gif
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: May 18 2006, 10:06 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

That's really nice that you like the gym and found a great group of women to support you. thumb.gif We all need that for motivation.

My hubby is my workout partner. He sits on the couch and watches me workout. He gives me "why aren't you making your stride longer so you don't get so tired so fast" or "ok, you just burnt off x number of calories now double that NOW" etc, etc. laugh.gif Then he gives me snippy comments that he knows will peeve me off so then I won't want to quit and will want to workout harder. laugh.gif Gotta love him for being my motivator. wub.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: May 18 2006, 12:55 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

laugh.gif Karen that's so funny. But it's great that he motivates you to try harder. thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0162 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]