Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> quick ? about homemade baby food
my2monkeyboys
  Posted: May 13 2009, 07:08 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,245

What equipment do/did you all use to make it? Waylon is getting to where he likes his food with a little more substance to it, not so thin/pureed as they sell in the jars. But right now esp. I don't have money for a nice food processor. So what do you suggest I use to make him food? I am thinking I could steam the veggies/fruit, bake meat and then mash it all with a potato masher, adding water as needed. I'm just not sure if that would wear my arm out to the point of me giving up on it. biggrin.gif
Any suggestions? Thanks!!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: May 13 2009, 07:45 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

How old is he again? Sorry, I can't keep ages straight. My girls were well past one before getting solid foods so we just did finger foods, no need to mash anything up.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: May 13 2009, 07:58 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

you can use a blender, steam up the food, toss it in the blender with a little water or Bm till it gets to the right consistency. Not carrots tho, there is something bad in them, I think.
PM

luvmykids
Posted: May 13 2009, 09:33 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

The way you described would be fine, I even used just a regular fork to mash some things like veggies.
PMEmail Poster
my2monkeyboys
Posted: May 13 2009, 11:58 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

Either he just turned 6 months last Tuesday or he'll be 6 months on the 18th, depending on if you go by every 4 weeks or the date of the month. tongue.gif I say he's just turned 6 months.
I'm wondering when he'll be old enough for things like those puffs, cheerios, etc. I am thinking it's when they're about 9 months, is that right? I can't remember how I did it with Will... blush.gif

As for the meat. what's the best way to prepare it? I know to stay away from too much salt, but I also know he HATES the jarred meat unless I mix it with something else. Not that I blame him...it smells like Vienna Sausages! I wouldn't want it either. mad.gif laugh.gif

I am thinking that if I can figure out an easy enough to make it that I'll only use the jarred stuff when it would just be more convenient. Otherwise I want to add more variety to his diet than those little jars allow.
Thax!!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0118 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]