Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Welcome to Parenting Club!!, Newbies start here!
kimberley
Posted: Feb 3 2005, 06:21 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 249

Congratulations on joining the best parenting forums on the net! We thought this would be a good place for you to introduce yourselves and learn a few basic board tips before you get started.

At the top right side of the screen, there is "Today's Topics". This will bring up the most recent threads from all of the forums. Most people use this, so it is unnecessary to post the same topic in multiple forums.

Adding a signature is a great way to show off your kids and help us remember who you are. Under "My Contols" you can add/edit your signature but text, tickers and pics must fit in this box. Any pictures must be uploaded to a website first. If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to PM a moderator.

The PM (private message) feature can be used to send a personal message to another member. You can find the PM button on every post by that person or by going to the members page and clicking on PM for that member. Please use this feature for any messages that are sensitive or personal in nature.

When posting pics, you may upload them directly from your computer or from a website, but remember to keep within the size guidelines. Nothing bigger than 35K and it must be in .jpeg format. Also, please remember to disable your signature when posting pictures. You do this by unticking the "Enable signature" box under the reply box. You can PM me for sizing help. You can add an avatar picture also directly from your computer. Once you get to 500 posts, you are able to edit the text under the avatar in My Contols, Edit profile info. It is your custom member title.

To use the quote feature, go to the post that you want to quote and in the top right corner there is the quote button that will open a reply. the quote will be in a smaller box below your reply box and you may take out any part of the quote you don't need.

We are a very peaceful and respectful group here. The time may arise that you will not agree with some of the things posted in a debate, but keep in mind, everyone is entitled to their opinion and you should be respectful of that and agree to disagree or withhold from reading/responding to that particular thread. If it is extremely offensive, you may privately report the post to a moderator and we will deal with it accordingly.

And don't forget to check out the Home Page often! There are games, articles, shopping, photo of the week and so much more!

Sincerely,
The Moderators

This post has been edited by kimberley on Feb 3 2005, 06:41 AM
PMEmail Poster
Jordon and Lisa
Posted: Feb 7 2005, 04:57 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 831

Oh man, someone should have yelled at me for going over the picture size limit in the pictures I've posted!!!!! I'll remedy the situation. huh.gif
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Feb 14 2005, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

bump.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

kimberley
Posted: Feb 16 2005, 10:30 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

bump.gif bump.gif smile.gif

--------------------

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Feb 21 2005, 03:03 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

How to resize pics using Paint (most computers have this program under accessories)

open Paint program, click "file", then "open" and find the pic you want to resize on your computer.

once the pic you want is open, click on "image" then "stretch/skew"
change the horizontal and vertical stretch percentage lower than 100% to make it smaller, or higher than 100% to make it bigger. both the vertical and horizontal percentages must be the same numberor it will distort the picture. i usually try 50% first but sometimes that is not enough. just repeat the process if it is still too big.

if you don't want to lose your original sized pic, choose "save as" and rename the pic when you save it.

i am not that great at explaining this so if you have any questions, ask away. blush.gif

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
Josie83
Posted: Mar 26 2005, 01:21 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 622

Seeing as though we have a lot of newbies, I'm just bumping this up wink.gif xx
PMEmail Poster
mommycat2244
Posted: Jan 15 2006, 12:13 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,116

I just wanted to thank Kimberly for the advice on resizing in Paint for my avatar...And also wanted to say hello. I've already posted in the introduction section so if anyone gets a chance...some advice is greatly appreciated!!! I'm sooo scared about being a new mommy!!! Anyways, thanks again Kimberly!!!
Catherine
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Old Mom Hubbard
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 05:23 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 8,257

Hello all just new here. Was a member of another parenting board but it seemed to be attracting some strange people and then the nasty words began to be shared and I do not go to a parenting board to deal with such silly immature nonsense, so here I am after looking through your site, and seems so many friendly people! I look forward to giving and receiving advice, encouragment, support, recipes and fun things for kids to do. Even though my one and only is graduating next year, I enjoy the learning for my other family who have little ones and those that are planning to have children.

Don't know what else to say right now, so going to take a walk-about the messages here and see what is up. Thanks for offering such a lovely forum that looks TOTALLY PACKED with information! Have a great evening! tongue.gif
PM
CantWait
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

QUOTE (Old Mom Hubbard @ Jan 29 2007, 10:23 PM)
Hello all just new here. Was a member of another parenting board but it seemed to be attracting some strange people and then the nasty words began to be shared and I do not go to a parenting board to deal with such silly immature nonsense, so here I am after looking through your site, and seems so many friendly people! I look forward to giving and receiving advice, encouragment, support, recipes and fun things for kids to do. Even though my one and only is graduating next year, I enjoy the learning for my other family who have little ones and those that are planning to have children.

Don't know what else to say right now, so going to take a walk-about the messages here and see what is up. Thanks for offering such a lovely forum that looks TOTALLY PACKED with information! Have a great evening! tongue.gif

wavey.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
ReinaCS
Posted: Aug 26 2008, 12:44 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 21,127

Hi everyone. I'm new here. Belive it or not, it was my husband's idea that we join. Looking forwarding to communing with everyone!!
PMEmail Poster
nharkey
Posted: May 4 2012, 06:59 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,740

I have a website with free tests of children's temperament and I would like to offer this to members, but I don't know if that would be considered spamming. It is an entirely free service and could be useful. I welcome any advice.

--------------------
Nancy Harkey--Parenting by Temperament[B][I][FONT=Optima][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
PMEmail Poster
Hopwood04
Posted: Jul 6 2013, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 24,261

Hi everyone! This seems like a really good forum. If you see me logged in, feel free to say hi! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Term Life Insurance Quote
No Contact Information Needed!
[URL=www.retirementplanningstore.com/instantquote.html]My Webpage[/URL]
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0120 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]