Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Jeanne, Whatever came of...
My2Beauties
Posted: Mar 25 2008, 12:08 PM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 467

your son's internet behavior, did you and DH have a long-winded talk with him, what has been the outcome?

I'm curious because I've noticed Desiree spending a lot of time online lately. I check her myspace page a lot to ensure she doesn't have anything on there that is inappropriate but I'm getting concerned she is spending too much time on there.

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
jcc64
Posted: Mar 25 2008, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 108

Well, after much agonizing, we decided the best course of action was for my dh to take him out to dinner, one on one, and discuss the whole thing with him. He talked not only about the behavior itself, but also the nature of healthy relationships, girls in general, trust, and the legal ramifications of some of the things he was doing online. Dh felt that it was a very constructive conversation, and boy, would I have loved to have been a fly on the wall at that restaurant, b/c both dh and ds are men of few words with normally questionable communication skills. We felt it would be far less mortifying if I stayed out of the discussion this time around- that a man to man set-up would be more comfortable and constructive, and it turned out to be the right call. We also decided against a software approach, not wanting to create an adversarial environment of paranoia and mistrust. Having said that, dh has been back on ds' computer w/o his knowledge since then, and was happy to discover the behavior had stopped completely. Ds knows he is not to delete the history, and dh being a techie, ds knows he cannot fool him. Anyway, in general his all around disposition seems somehow lighter, and he no longer spends time with the door closed, hiding from us. I am attributing it to experimental behavior, and thankfully for now, the crisis has been averted. Our eyes are opened, though, and will remain so . It's a never-ending vigilance, but man, I have to say, with a girl as cute as Desiree, I'd keep her on a VERY short leash. My ds is bigger than my dh- he's basically the size of a man- he can defend himself. A girl, I'd be much more paranoid. God help us all when Corey gets to be his age.
Good luck and keep me posted.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
My2Beauties
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 08:13 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 467

I'm so glad to hear that his behavior has changed. I'm glad it was just as simple as having a talk with him, you must have a wonderful son wub.gif I'm going to PM you.

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0182 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]