Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> How will I ever night wean her?
amynicole21
  Posted: Sep 26 2003, 09:52 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

Is it possible to co-sleep and night wean? Sophia still wakes as much as 3 or 4 times a night to nurse. Every once in a great while she'll only wake once to nurse or not at all once I go to bed. I know I should be offering other ways to soothe her, but none of this seems to work. I give up too easily I think blush.gif I get so frustrated at 3am when she's crying and all she wants is the boob. I know I am the one perpetuating the problem...

I haven't gotten through the "no cry sleep solution" yet. Is this addressed in there? Anyone have another idea on where to start?

I don't want to wean her during the day yet, but it would sure be nice to have a solid night of sleep! DH is competely useless in this regard... he pats her butt twice and then rolls over to go back to sleep mad.gif

This post has been edited by amynicole21 on Sep 26 2003, 10:26 AM

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
DansMom
Posted: Sep 26 2003, 10:22 AM
Quote Post

kids keep you young!

Member No.: 223

laugh.gif I JUST started rereading that book, for the same reasons. I've been nursing 3-4 times a night lately as well. Of course if he's hungry I want to feed him, but if he's just having trouble resettling after a brief awakening, I'd like him to learn to do that on his own. It works sometimes if I have a shirt that smells like me nearby. Keep us posted if you hit on something that works, and I'll do the same. I think kit-kat's mom has this going on too.

--------------------
Tracy, George and Daniel (11/25/02)
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Sep 26 2003, 12:14 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

I just want ot offer support to you. I dont co-sleep (well sometimes if I am really tiered and she wants to nurse) but I do BF. I have learned to be patient with her at night when she woke up, I used to just feed her and put her back to be, but sometimes that would last an hour or more! I coudl not handle that, so what I do now is if she wakes back up before midnight I try and soother her other ways, patt her talk softly to her, on occasion I will sing (somehow I can never remember words to songs). Ir if she is really fussy I will rock her. My hardest thing I to say calm and not give in, cause usually at that time she just wants me as a pasy. This of course does not always work and I feed her, by then she is wiped out and will nurse for 10 min and fall asleep. I wish you luck and lots of hugs!

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster

MommyToAshley
Posted: Sep 26 2003, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Offering more hugs and support here.

I was Ashley's paci for awhile at night too. Since we don't co-sleep, it was DH that had to go into Ashley's room and pat/comfort her back to sleep (without picking her up out of bed) because if she saw me, then she wanted to nurse. She started sleeping through the night after about a week of this. So, is there a way your DH could try to do more of the comforting?

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Sep 26 2003, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Member No.: 189

grouphug.gif Wanted to offer my support. I agree with Dee Dee, I think your DH needs to take more or a role in comforting her. grouphug.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Sep 26 2003, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

Amy,

We are going thru the same thing. I get so tired at night that instead of trying to soothe Kylie in another way I just nurse her. I do it even if she wimpers. I'm just too darn tired to try anything else, lol. I wish I had some solutions for you, but I don't. I just know I am right there with ya. I have NCSS and was going to start reading it again, but just haven't gotten around to it.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Jamison'smama
Posted: Sep 26 2003, 01:23 PM
Quote Post

My Little Loves

Member No.: 214

just offering support--we are going through the exact thing--Jamison sleeps in the middle so even if DH could wake up and comfort she would be crawling on top of me to get me to nurse her---hmmm I woulder what would happen if she slept on the outside on his side (with a rail of course). Haven't tried that---he would just never wake up and I would have to lean over and get her anyway. I was just thinking about this the other day and I wondered what I should do--Jamison takes a paci but she will take it out of her mouth and lean over with her mouth wide open--there is no comforting her without feeding. Let us know if there is something you find that works.

--------------------
Brenda, a mom and wife in love with my family

The administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the moderators. Report a post using the report button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Sep 26 2003, 08:05 PM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Member No.: 135

we are going through the same thing too. It is discussed in the book. Good luck. It hasn't worked for us yet but we are persiting. However, since K is so small, we are hesitant to not let her feed whenever she will, even if it is the middle of the night. dry.gif

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
supermom
Posted: Sep 27 2003, 06:15 AM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Member No.: 26

Offering some support here too because we were not successful with Anders until he was over 2 years old......Just to let you know, she will quit eventually. Don't beat yourself up because you think you are the "cause" of it, because it happens. It is a wonderful thing that you can be that comforting to her.......and it won't last her whole life, I promise!!

Hang in there, just keep keeping on! <<<HUGS>>>

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0161 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]