Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Kylie isn't having many wet diapers, should I be concerned?
coasterqueen
  Posted: Sep 25 2003, 08:01 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

I don't know whether I should be concerned or not. I will try to make a long story short. Yesterday Kylie did not have many wet diapers. She had one when she woke up in the am, one at the sitter (from 9am-2pm) and one small one for DH at 5pm and didn't have another one until she woke up this morning. That one was pretty soaked because it's the allnight one, but not near as much as it usually is. This is so abnormal for her, she pees like a mad woman constantly more than several times a day. She did have two poo diapers at the sitter yesterday and this morning she had a really bright green cottage cheesy poo (TMI, I know) this morning.

I'll add what has been going on the last few weeks as far as stools, etc. The last month she started peeing more than she ever had. The last two weeks she has had pasty poo. Don't know why, haven't changed anything in her diet, matter of fact we are giving her more p fruits than normal. So this morning's poo really concerned me, especially the color. The last two weeks she has been taking less amounts of EBM than she ever has. I think that is partly because I am sending more sippys and only 1 bottle now (trying to wean off the bottle slowly) and the *system* the sitter and I have now, I think she is not wasting as much EBM. So she always had 15 to 20 ounces before, but now she is having ~12 ounces. I think there was a lot of waste before on the sitter's, so I am not concerned too much about the decreased amounts. She has also stretched out her nursings with me from EVERY 2 hours to 2/3 hours, sometimes 3.5/4, but that is rare. She has also been nursing off of both sides at one session when she always only nursed one side. But I don't think she is "draining" one side completely before she wants the next, but that is just a guess. That has me worried about my supply, but I am dealing with that. She has been teething with all 4 cuspids at once and they are kinda bothering her, but no worse than any other tooth she has had. She also had her well-baby visit not this past monday, but the monday before that where she was given the MMR shot and the chicken pox vaccine. She has been *warm* off an on the past week, but not running a fever. We have given her motrin off an on to help with the teething.

Yesterday, besides not peeing much, she only had 9 ounces of EBM at the sitter and nursed 2x last night and sips thruout night.

Should I be concerned about her not having as many wet diapers? The sitter is going to call me around the noon hour today and let me know how many she's had this morning and then I was thinking of calling the doc if she had not pee'd at all. I hope I have given enough info, if not too much, lol. I am just really starting to worry and DH is out of town until the weekend so I am just really stressed out between this and work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
maliksmommy
Posted: Sep 25 2003, 08:08 AM
Quote Post

Momma's little guy:)

Member No.: 106

My mom is a nurse at a pediatrics and there were a few times that I was concerned and she always had told me that unless Malik ever went 24 hrs without one then I should call the Dr. I would think that everything is okay since she is at least havin some but definately keep an eye on her.

--------------------
***Diann and Malik 9/4/2002***
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
coasterqueen
Posted: Sep 25 2003, 09:57 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Thanks! It's nice to know that. I am going to keep an eye on her and if she doesn't get better in the next day or two I am going to take her in, if anything for my peace of mind.

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

jem0622
  Posted: Sep 25 2003, 10:10 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 105

You might want to have her checked for a UTI or something of that nature. Sounds like she is having plenty of wet diapers though. As they become more and more active then tend to be more picky about when they eat and drink, and they need all that fuel to keep moving...so it could be that her body just needs it. Remember too that she could wet her diaper even a little and you wouldn't notice it due to the absorbancy power of the filler.

HUGS
Julie

--------------------
Julie with Nathan (11) Gabe (8) and id twins Hannah and Olivia (6)

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Sep 25 2003, 12:05 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I don't think it is anything to be worried about as long as there aren't any other symptoms. If it were me, I would just call the Ped and see what they say. A phone call never hurts anything and might just reassure you. I call my Ped whenever I am in doubt... I just joke about being a first time Mommmy and they understand.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MamaMartie
Posted: Sep 29 2003, 04:27 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 118

I would call the ped just to be sure, but I think everything is ok. She is peeing, just not as much as you are used to. With my older children, they all dranks less and peed less around a year old. I think it was a combination of them eating more table food and weaning from a bottle to a cup. Plus at one year they are learning so many new skills that they are less interested in eating and drinking.

Martie

--------------------
Martie
Lucky Mommy to:

Jared 2/18/97

Meggie 2/18/99
Joey 7/12/00
Hannah 5/1/03
Gabriella Claire due 3/20/05

PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Sep 29 2003, 06:39 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Thanks everyone for your support! She is back to *normal* now wink.gif It took her a couple of days, but she's better.

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0177 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]