Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

> Father's only forum
5littleladies
Posted: Aug 28 2003, 07:15 AM
Quote Post

Lissie

Group: Members
Member No.: 116

I'm not really sure, but since it seems to be in direct response to Shooter's experience it seems a bit harsh to me. unsure.gif

--------------------
~*~Jennifer~*~
Wife to Jason, Mom to Madeline, Megan, Brianna,
Alyssa, Kate, and our babies in heaven-Benjamin, 8/13/04, and David, 8/01/07

Jen's Blog
PMEmail PosterMSN
Shooter
Posted: Aug 28 2003, 07:19 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 217

hmmmm...I posted a complete "hello" post saying the general area I was from, the ages of my son and stepson, my wife, that I was happy to have been invited there and looked forward to being a part of the group.

I was greeted by someone telling me I was "strange" for joining said group. I responded by saying the words I posted above in this thread, I do not feel that it was "strange" for me to join. Additionally, the site in question is an "Apply for Membership" place that ones membership has to be approved. Why would there be any reason for the members to be wary of someone coming in there under those circumstances. I posted the hello post so that it would be up front who i was and not just a new name sitting up on the "who's online" list. I said that I had hoped that it would be a fun thing to be involved in a local group like that, but after the reception I got, I wasn't sure. Simple as that. It's hard not to get defensive when, instead of members welcoming you, you get people questioning your motives. Does it make any sense that I would go in there making trouble? Do I make trouble here? No. I made what, 2 posts there? How in the world can you determine to ban someone from that unless they are being outright obnoxious, which I wasn't? I have run my own board for more than 3 years and have been a member of several others and never have I seen such a rude "welcome" or such an overreaction to a situation like that by an administrator. It's all good with me, though, because if the attitudes there are such, I wouldn't have wanted to stay anyway.

I will debate this issue no further here as I do not want to trash up this board's postings with stuff from another board. I would have PM'd you this, had you had the nerve to actually use your real name, but since you didn't, I had to post it here.

I apologize to the admins of this board for this encounter, but I was not going to sit by and have my credibility questioned here by someone who allowed me to post two or three times on another board and made judgements from it.
PM
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Aug 28 2003, 07:27 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

QUOTE (jdkjd @ Aug 28 2003, 09:06 AM)
OMG! I think to have the Daddy's perspective is invaluable! I know that my DH, Ryan, tries really hard to make sure he is doing everything I'm doing, but with his work pressures (we both work but his job is more stressful), I know that he has different problems and a different point of view than I do.

I also think that you guys need each other, but it's harder to find other daddies to talk to about this stuff, we mommies are spoiled because it's like we automatically join this club of women.

I have tried to get Ryan to come on the board, but he just doesn't have the time.

I woul dhave to second that. I love hearing a daddys view on things. I only wish we coul dhave more of them around. My DH is also to busy at work to post, he did join he may lurk around for all I know.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster

Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Aug 28 2003, 07:30 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

QUOTE (~*~Zach's Mom~*~ @ Aug 28 2003, 11:12 AM)
I was wondering that too... seems ok, but then it has an undertone of intense sarcasm.... dunno.gif blink.gif

ya I did not like that post at all

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Aug 28 2003, 07:36 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

Oh well...this board isn't like that. We love having you around, Shooter, so there. biggrin.gif

Seems like someone has nothing better to do than to follow you around and post about you....

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Aug 28 2003, 07:39 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

QUOTE (~*~Zach's Mom~*~ @ Aug 28 2003, 11:36 AM)
Oh well...this board isn't like that.  We love having you around, Shooter, so there.  biggrin.gif

and all the other daddys to! biggrin.gif

ps shooter LOVE your advitar! he is sooo cute!

This post has been edited by Kaitlin on Aug 28 2003, 07:39 AM

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Shooter
Posted: Aug 28 2003, 07:40 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Well, THANK YOU Kaitlin...I like him too, but then I'm a bit partial. blush.gif
PM
jdkjd
Posted: Aug 28 2003, 07:41 AM
Quote Post

Miss Bailey

Member No.: 85

Oh well...this board isn't like that. We love having you around, Shooter, so there. biggrin.gif

Seems like someone has nothing better to do than to follow you around and post about you....

Ditto.

And very weird actions by Anonymous.

--------------------
Jenn
Mother of Bailey (9/16/02) and Kiera Bryn (3/15/04)

Bailey and Kiera's Website
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
supermom
Posted: Aug 28 2003, 08:31 AM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (jdkjd @ Aug 28 2003, 10:41 AM)
Oh well...this board isn't like that.  We love having you around, Shooter, so there.  biggrin.gif

Ditto.

And very weird actions by Anonymous.

Yeah, me too!!

We love you and all the other daddies here!!!

I wouldn't let some obvious idiot bother ya!! grouphug.gif

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Aug 28 2003, 12:06 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

We're glad you're here Shooter.

Ashley has something to say to anyone that is not nice to our friends:
rolling_smile.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
5littleladies
Posted: Aug 28 2003, 12:08 PM
Quote Post

Lissie

Member No.: 116

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Aug 28 2003, 03:06 PM)
Ashley has something to say to anyone that is not nice to our members:
rolling_smile.gif

Lol!! You tell em' Ashley!!

--------------------
~*~Jennifer~*~
Wife to Jason, Mom to Madeline, Megan, Brianna,
Alyssa, Kate, and our babies in heaven-Benjamin, 8/13/04, and David, 8/01/07

Jen's Blog
PMEmail PosterMSN
DansMom
Posted: Aug 28 2003, 01:25 PM
Quote Post

kids keep you young!

Member No.: 223

Yes Shooter, I work all day, and DH wanted to get involved in one of the many "Mommy and Me" activities that take place in our area. I was amazed that men were not welcome in the majority of these programs. There are so many SAHD's in Ann Arbor, so it's doubly surprising. And it's a pity, since these activities always seem to take place on weekdays in the middle of the day when I'm working, so I can't participate either. sad.gif

--------------------
Tracy, George and Daniel (11/25/02)
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Aug 29 2003, 05:54 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I say PHOOEY to all the people out there who think that fathers who want to participate in parents activities.

Personally, I think that some women who go there only go there for some female companionship, and feel threatened when there are men around - because they can't bad mouth them, and actually have to talk about the kids and parenting, as they should. wink.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Mommieto2Girls
Posted: Aug 29 2003, 07:00 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 167

The person that invited you and accepted you also is bad mouthing you for going there? What's the matter with these people. To whoever the person is that is from this board should be ashamed of thenselves to treat another person with that much disrespect. If it was a women's only forum then it should be clearly stated everywhere in the site and when being accepted in the membership.

We only have a few men and I don't think anyone here would ever be that rude to any of them, they are parents too. If someone really wanted to be decieving, all they had to say was they were a women and no one would have thought other wise. But he was being honest and yall still kicked him to the curb(so to speak).
PM

kit_kats_mom
Posted: Aug 29 2003, 07:22 AM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Member No.: 135

I'm not even gonna comment on the wierd posts. I experienced way too much of that crap on another board and it ultimately ran me off...way too much drama! dry.gif

I Do however, want to offer my support and encouragement to the daddies on this board. I think that it is wonderful that you guys are involved enough in your childrens lives to make the extra effort to make friends with other parents of children. My DH really is interested in posting but since he works full time and took a job teaching 2 courses at the local community college, he has zero downtime. blink.gif He said that after this semester is over, he will make an effort to come here and introduce himself.

I have come accross a couple of SAHD's who have been ostrasized from the local mom's groups. I was baffled when I saw that and I went out of my way to try and make friends with them. They were rather hesitant though since they had been treated so poorly in the past and none of the friendships have stuck. That makes me really sad. I would be much happier with a guy buddy who would go hang in the park with Katherine and I than some of these stuck up mommies that I've run accross who are just boring and want to hang out in the mall all day shopping. JMHO.

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Aug 29 2003, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (kit_kats_mom @ Aug 29 2003, 11:22 AM)
I would be much happier with a guy buddy who would go hang in the park with Katherine and I than some of these stuck up mommies that I've run accross who are just boring and want to hang out in the mall all day shopping. JMHO.

That's exactly what I meant.... lol

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Anonymous
Posted: Aug 30 2003, 04:54 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

This is obviously a total misunderstanding in what happened with the other board.
There was no way to leave a message explaining or even to ask anything because the message box was disabled. Also, when I came to leave a message here, I already had a message cursing at me!
I felt at that point it was useless to try and consult with someone who uses profanity.
I am not ashamed of anything, except the fact that this was brought to this board by Shooter. It seems that I am the "bad" one, even though no one knows what really happened. As far as the posts about what kind of person I am or what kind of community I have.....I can take the comments. I know there are 2 sides to every story and unfortunately this one has been told incorrectly.
I sincerely apologize to everyone here and even to Shooter himself. This is an unfortunate situation that should have never happened or been brought here
ediep
Posted: Aug 30 2003, 05:22 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Member No.: 81

WHATEVER!!!! Who need that other board.....too much drama!!

I am very happy that shooter and the other dads are here!!! wub.gif

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
Shooter
Posted: Aug 30 2003, 05:53 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

The only thing I brought to this board was the experience I had that related to the whole business about having dads on parenting message boards. I did not ever identify either you or your board specifically by name in this thread, so YOU chose to bring it here on a more personal level, not me. I think it should now be dropped and the more positive issues of THIS board pursued.

And on that note, since there is not at this time a father's forum in existence, can I talk about football here? biggrin.gif
PM
CantWait
Posted: Aug 30 2003, 06:27 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Is it just me or is it kind of curious as to why Anon, has to stay Anon???

I'm with everyone else here Shooter, it's a pleasure having you here, and having a male perspective on things. grouphug.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
mckayleesmom
Posted: Sep 1 2003, 03:01 PM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

Is annonymous actually a member of this board too? Im confused. Did a member from here invite you to another board shooter?

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Sep 1 2003, 04:29 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

OK, I think this has gone on long enough. I am going to close this thread. Anon, if you would like to join in our conversation and have something positive to say, then by all means please feel free to join us.

Shooter, you know you are welcome here. Feel free to talk about football... I know there are several football fans here, it just may not be for the same team. hehe. Maybe post in the General Discussions until I have time to discuss the Father's Only Forum with TLCDad (he's been sick) Besides, not all football fans are men!

ANd, if anyone has any further comments about the Father's Forum, then please feel free to start a new thread with your suggestion!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0268 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]