Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Need help figuring out a particular exercise
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 30 2006, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

to get rid of the flab on the back of my thighs. Heck, I need a target exercise to get rid of my thunder thighs in general. emlaugh.gif My coworker swore to me that if I got on the treadmill and at a steep incline my butt would diminish. Well that's a lot to be said about this butt laugh.gif but she was right, it's slowly getting smaller. The PROBLEM is that now that my butt is getting a bit smaller the flab on the back of my legs are NOT and are becoming more noticeable than ever. puke.gif I'm almost ready to quit the treadmill til I get the legs under control. I don't want to lose anymore butt until I balance things out so-to-speak.

Besides the treadmill I'm doing taebo and Carmen's strip to fit video with is a toning/sculpting dvd.

Anyone got any ideas on exercises to target this one area?

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Mar 30 2006, 07:56 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

Well, from everything I've read, spot reducing is not a good idea. I think the treadmill (or any cardio exercise) is the best exercise you can get. The treadmill should be working all of your muscles and not just specific zones.

We have a machine at the gym that targets the back of the thigh. But, even in strength training you need to rotate the muscles everytime you lift and be careful not to work one area.

I hope I don't sound too preachy...I'm just not sure how to go about spot reducing. tongue.gif If I did, my stomach would be a lot smaller. And my thighs could use some help as well. blush.gif I just keep thinking that the more I work out and the more weight I lose, it will all balance out eventually.

You are doing a great job and you look awesome. I bet if you keep up the treadmill and some toning exercises you will be happy with the results. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Mar 31 2006, 06:39 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

You are both a great inspiration to me, I was going suggested squats or lunges to tighten up the entire leg and it might shrink it. dunno.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN

coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 31 2006, 06:41 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Yeah, I think I'm going to lay off the treadmill for a week or two and just do Taebo and see what that does. Thanks both of you. smile.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
EvesMom
Posted: Mar 31 2006, 07:11 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 3,293

Have you considered step aerobics? In the past I had really good results with it on the hip and thigh region. I need to start doing it again rolleyes.gif eventually... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Photobucket
Wife to Rick
Mother to Evelynn & Jesse
PMEmail Poster
ediep
Posted: Mar 31 2006, 12:06 PM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

step, jogging, and lunges and squats.

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0258 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]