Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Question about mamograms
lisar
Posted: Jan 25 2008, 11:23 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,760

Okay I have to go and have my first ever mamogram done this year. So I am kinda a little worried about it. Does it really hurt like people say it will? I am 28 and because breast cancer runs in the family the dr would like to go ahead and start me getting them once a year. I dont have a problem with that, I just wanna know what I am in for.
PMEmail Poster
Calimama
Posted: Jan 25 2008, 11:54 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

I'm curious about the answer to that. I've always wondered too.
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jan 25 2008, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

I will let you know next week after I get my first one. wink.gif I never heard they hurt.... unsure.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

gr33n3y3z
Posted: Jan 25 2008, 01:31 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

Yes they hurt like H3ll maybe not the breast part per say but the positions you have to be in while doing it I think hurts the most Like arm pits and ribs bc the way you have to lean into the machine and all.
Sorry ladies they flatten you like a pancake
But its all worth it in the end
I hope all of your tests turn out great which I'm sure they will
hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Jan 25 2008, 01:32 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I don't know if you remember, but I had a cyst on my right breast and had to go for a mamogram. Luckily it turned out not to be cancer. But, it was my first mamogram and I was scared to death.. not just because I was afraid of what they might find, but I was nervous because I had heard it was painful.

The first mamogram I had was actually just "uncomfortable". But, they decided that they needed a magnification of one area, and that one did hurt... it actually brought tears to my eyes. So, unless you are getting one done at a higher power... where they need to really clamp down, then I wouldn't worry... it will probably be just a bit uncomfortable and it won't last long.

hug.gif Let us know how it goes. hug.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
lovemy2
Posted: Jan 26 2008, 03:40 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

I wouldn't say it hurt - I just had my first one a few weeks ago - its umcomfortable in a sense but I didn't think it was painful - but I could see where if you are small chested it could be more uncomfortable and possibly even hurt a bit but it is pretty quick....the emotional part of waiting for the results - now that hurts sad.gif

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: Jan 26 2008, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

Parker, the handsome pound puppy!

Member No.: 1,127

How uncomfortable it is likely depends on the size and density of the breast & tissue. It's much worse if you schedule it around your cycle, especially if you get breast tenderness with your cycle. Just an FYI~I always try to avoid scheduling then.
I'm small busted with fairly dense tissue (so they told me). Consequently, there's lots of pulling and compressing, so I agree with Lisa, I find it more painful than uncomfortable. Much like childbirth, though, very worthwhile!

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster
danahas4monkeys
Posted: Jan 26 2008, 03:08 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 942

Lisa
I am 31 and have been getting them twice a year for 3 years we have a strong family history of it too, my mom passed away last April and her sister 3 yrs prior. They have made major improvements with them and although its not the most pleasant thing you'll have done its not that bad. and its over fast as long as you do as you are told lol stay still!

--------------------
Dana
Mommy to Kimberly 14, Jordan 13, Alexis 7, and Andrew 5
PMEmail PosterYahoo
BAC'sMom
Posted: Jan 26 2008, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 7,486

I honestly didn't think it was that bad.

--------------------
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
PMEmail Poster
jcc64
Posted: Jan 26 2008, 07:07 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

I don't think it's a big deal at all. I have small, dense breasts, and have had both my mammos done during AF, and honestly, on a scale of 1-10, I'd put the pain at a 1 or 2 at the most and describe it as mildly uncomfortable. I think stubbing my toe hurts more, for what that's worth.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.2594 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]