Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Need Some Advice, Pink Eye
Kirstenmumof3
  Posted: Dec 5 2009, 07:09 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

dry.gif I went to see a doctor at the Walk-In Clinic yesterday evening. I woke up yesterday morning with green gunk in my eye. It turns out that I have pink eye and a chest infection. I have been prescribed antibiotics and eye drops. I asked the doctor if the pink eye was contagious and explained to him where I worked (at a grocery store). He asked when I work next and I told him tomorrow (which would be today at 2:00). The doctor told me that as long as I started the eye drops as soon as I got the prescription and had another dose before I went to bed, I should be okay to go to work and to just make sure that I wash my hands (we have Purell hand wipes at each register). By the time I go to work I will have had 4 doses of the eye drops. I'm still not convinced that I should be going to work. It's only a 4 hour shift and I'm already constantly sanitizing my hands. I've never had pink eye before, but I did work in a cafeteria and one of my co-workers had pink eye and she still came to work. Not sure what to do!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
TrulyBlessed
Posted: Dec 5 2009, 08:30 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,989

I would follow your instincts and do what your gut tells you. When my daughter got pink eye, I think I had to keep her home for 24 hours or until the pinkness went out of the eye.
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Dec 5 2009, 09:28 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

If you think you are still contagious then I would stay home. Can you call your boss and tell them your concerns? I am sure s/he does not want you to spread it either.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Dec 5 2009, 09:51 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Dec 5 2009, 12:28 PM)
If you think you are still contagious then I would stay home. Can you call your boss and tell them your concerns? I am sure s/he does not want you to spread it either.

sleep.gif Sad to say but my employers really don't care if your sick! My eyes aren't too bad right now. I will just clean them really good before I head to work.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Dec 6 2009, 05:44 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Work went well yesterday! No problems and DH said my eyes looked fine. Ironically I was up in the staff room and my nose started running, so I blew my nose and washed my hands right away. Well then my boss came up and was chatting with us and she needed a kleenix, so I handed her one, she blew her nose and didn't bother to wash her hands. ohmy.gif I wonder sometimes, if people realize that now they're going to touch the doorknob and spread their germs to the doorknob and then someone else is going to touch it.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
moped
Posted: Dec 6 2009, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,035

It is truly impossible to stop the spread of anything....colds, flu, h1n1, etc etc......

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Dec 7 2009, 06:23 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

QUOTE (moped @ Dec 6 2009, 09:20 PM)
It is truly impossible to stop the spread of anything....colds, flu, h1n1, etc etc......

thumb.gif You're absolutely right!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0120 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]