Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Back to Back babies, my insanity
Auburn
Posted: Mar 1 2008, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,110

I am currently pg with our second child. Due May 29th. I want to have the next one ASAP so they are very close together and I can squeeze them both in before I hit 30. lol. I'll be 28 in June. Aside from the first trimester sickness I love being pg and have no issues. I am trying to get input from folks with pregnancies/babies very close together. Tell me I am insane or that I will live. I am in it for all opinions and reasons why or why not. Thank you!!!
PMEmail Poster
Auburn
Posted: Mar 1 2008, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

Just for the record, our daughter will be seven when this one is born so I have no clue what two babies is really like or close pregnancies. Maybe I am crazy.......
PMEmail Poster
TrulyBlessed
Posted: Mar 1 2008, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 19,989

I think you need to do what is best for your family. I am pregnant with my 3rd child and I have waited 4-5 yrs in between my children. The only thing I have noticed for me is that each one of my pregnancies seem to be a little harder on me. My first pregnancy was a breeze, my second wore me down a little and this one seems to make sure to cover every symptom written in the book. I also wanted to have all my kids by age 30, which I will hit in October, so I am done! It seems to me that there are pros and cons to all age gaps between children, so just do what is best for you, but just make sure you don't wear yourself or your body down.
PMEmail Poster

My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Mar 1 2008, 07:37 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

QUOTE (TrulyBlessed @ Mar 1 2008, 09:56 PM)
The only thing I have noticed for me is that each one of my pregnancies seem to be a little harder on me. My first pregnancy was a breeze, my second wore me down a little and this one seems to make sure to cover every symptom written in the book.

I will definitely second this!!! My first was fabulous, my second very good but I had some small issues (swollen feet/legs, backaches etc) and with this one I have been sick over half the time...not morning sickness but general headaches/fevers/nausea etc almost constantly.
PMEmail Poster
Bamamom
Posted: Mar 1 2008, 07:46 PM
Quote Post

Changing lives one diaper at a time since 2006

Member No.: 3,297

There are 16 months between my first two children and there will be 14 months between my second and third - so I will have 3 kids under 2 1/2. It is definitely hard but so far we are really enjoying watching our children grow up together. Evne though Katie is only 9 months old, she and Tripp are already such good friends. I can hardly wait to see how the third one fits into their interactions. I agree that each pg is a little more difficult but I found the second one to be harder than the first one or this one.

HTH!

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Mar 1 2008, 08:34 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I have twins....can't get much closer together than that laugh.gif And my youngest is almost exactly two years younger than them. It was a little, um, intense comes to mind. But that was for a short period and now I really love that they're so close together. It's a lot of work when they're close together and young, there's no denying that, but well worth it for us anyway.
PMEmail Poster
:.Mrs_Mommy.:
Posted: Mar 2 2008, 03:07 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 18,118

My first 2 are 14 months apart and I had a blast with them. They are best friends and then Kyla and Lily are best friends because they are girls. All the kids are growing up very close and you can't ask for better. biggrin.gif

Anyway it was/is hard but totally worth it.

My sister has a step daughter that is 11 and her 4 biological children are all under the age of 5. She is really tired alot of the time, especially since her youngest is about 2 wks old wink.gif but she really enjoys having them so close as well.

Hope that helped.

hug.gif

GL!

--------------------
~Kalli~

Mommy to:
Aaron Joseph 01.20.00
Lily Ann Marie 04.03.01
Kyla Raye 05.25.04

Photobucket

Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
ZandersMama
Posted: Mar 2 2008, 03:51 AM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

i only have or will have 2, but they are 2 years apart almost to the day. I wouldnt change it for the world. It was really rough at first, but they are best friends now.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN
Mommy2BAK
Posted: Mar 2 2008, 11:11 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 843

I'll probably win the closeness contest, lol. My son is 5 months old and I'm 14 weeks pregnant with twins, due in Aug, but the doc assumes we will have them in July. I'll tell you that being pregnant while taking care of a newborn is HARD WORK. I have a wonderful husband and great in-laws who do whatever I need them to and it's still hard work. I wish I was going to have a little more time to enjoy Ayden without the stress of getting ready for the twins.

This post has been edited by Mommy2BAK on Mar 2 2008, 11:12 AM

--------------------
~TAMARA~
Blessed mother to Blakely (7/12/04), Ayden (9/21/07), Addison and Avery (7/2/08)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
ZandersMama
Posted: Mar 2 2008, 11:16 AM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

QUOTE (Mommy2BAK @ Mar 2 2008, 02:11 PM)
I'll probably win the closeness contest, lol. My son is 5 months old and I'm 14 weeks pregnant with twins, due in Aug, but the doc assumes we will have them in July. I'll tell you that being pregnant while taking care of a newborn is HARD WORK. I have a wonderful husband and great in-laws who do whatever I need them to and it's still hard work. I wish I was going to have a little more time to enjoy Ayden without the stress of getting ready for the twins.

omg i didnt realize how close your babies will be, wow hug.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN
Cece00
Posted: Mar 2 2008, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,100

I had my first 2 15.5 months apart

The 2nd two are BARELY 11 months apart, in fact, only a 2 day difference or they wouldve been 10 months apart. Basically, I had 4 kids in 5 yrs, biggest gap is less than 3 yrs.

So I know ALL ABOUT close in age.

Honestly, it wasnt TOO hard. I'm still alive rolling_smile.gif No, I dont want to say it was easy, but I come to dealing with this type of thing very easily, so I dont think it was TOO hard, but I realize everyone's situation & how they handle it is different. I actually found it to be much harder to go from 2 older kids & then a new baby than from young baby to another young baby.

Being pregnant when you have a small baby makes it harder in some ways though. A smaller baby is more demanding & you are tired & sick when pregnant, so thats not very fun. And at the end, you are so big (or at least I was...I was a good bit bigger with #4 than #3) and you have to carry around a young baby (obviously, as a 10 month old wants to be held a lot, as opposed to a 2 or 3 or 4 yr old) so you're tired from that too.

But once they hit a certain age, I just treated them like twins, with # 1 & 2 and 3 & 4. My 2 youngest are 1.5 and 2.5 right now & I totally treat them just like they were twins. They wake up, eat, sleep, play, go to bed, bathe, etc at the same time.

--------------------
Crystal

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Auburn
Posted: Mar 3 2008, 03:34 PM
Quote Post

Wow! Thank you all so much for your input on this. It shounds liek basicly what I expected. It is rough but worth it overall. Here is hoping I dont have a labor that scares the life out of me. lol.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0151 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]