Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Britax Car Seat help, please
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 18 2009, 06:09 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

We were rear-ended the day after Valentine's Day. We just got our van back and were going to replace the car seats, when we found out today that the other insurance company (of the guy who hit us) will pay for the replacement of them. YAY! Megan was using Kylie's Britax Regent car seat. So it's an expensive car seat. That thing is a big honker of a car seat, reason being I needed something for Kylie when she was so tall for other car seats. I don't necessarily have that problem with Megan since she is only 37 inches tall and 28 pounds. Is there another Britax that I can get that isn't so HUGE for Megan to use for as long as possible until I put her in a regular booster seat? I still want 5 pt. harness, too. The Regent is so huge it will only fit in our mini van, not our truck and once that seat is in there is no taking that thing out it's so big.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Mar 18 2009, 06:14 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

I dont know anything about those carseats, I just wanna say its cool how they are paying to replace them. I never knew insurance companys would do that.
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 18 2009, 06:16 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (lisar @ Mar 18 2009, 09:14 AM)
I dont know anything about those carseats, I just wanna say its cool how they are paying to replace them. I never knew insurance companys would do that.

I knew you could claim it on your own insurance, but didn't know the other person (who is responsible) that their insurance would cover it. I didn't want to claim it on my in fear of my premium going up. I mean, that car seat is a $300 car seat. So I'm so glad they are going to pay for it. thumb.gif

This post has been edited by coasterqueen on Mar 18 2009, 06:17 AM

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

moped
Posted: Mar 18 2009, 06:18 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

That Britax is huge.....they must have other 5 pt harness on their website.......I don't have the huge britax, but would like one. I have the Alpa Omega and the Eddie Bauer convertible one (don't remember the name)

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 18 2009, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (moped @ Mar 18 2009, 09:18 AM)
That Britax is huge.....they must have other 5 pt harness on their website.......I don't have the huge britax, but would like one.  I have the Alpa Omega and the Eddie Bauer convertible one (don't remember the name)

Yeah, I saw like 3 other ones that fit the same bill as the Regent, that don't appear to look as huge, but why is there so many? I'm trying to figure out which would be the best one and can't. I'm not sure if our BRU has all of them in stock for us to go tryout or not. (talking about Britax). We do have other car seats that are not Britax as well. I just figure if they are going to pay the price of Britax, I'll replace my old one that was damaged in the accident. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by coasterqueen on Mar 18 2009, 06:22 AM

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Mar 18 2009, 06:30 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Totally get the best and most expensive one out there!!!!!!!!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Mar 18 2009, 06:32 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Ok, I called my freind and she has the Britax Boulevard, loves it but I think it is big as well

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 18 2009, 06:34 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (moped @ Mar 18 2009, 09:32 AM)
Ok, I called my freind and she has the Britax Boulevard, loves it but I think it is big as well

Yeah, I just saw that one on BRU's site. I think all Britax must be big and bulky. Oh well, we have others so we never have to move the seat anyways. Thanks. thumb.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Mar 18 2009, 12:16 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Mar 18 2009, 08:34 AM)

Yeah, I just saw that one on BRU's site. I think all Britax must be big and bulky. Oh well, we have others so we never have to move the seat anyways. Thanks. thumb.gif

Will they pay to get you any seat or just a britax? reason I'm asking is because we have a first years learning curve seat and its higher rated than the britax RF & FF after talking to a friend who had a britax and her daughter HATED it and it was huge she got that one and they like it a LOT better its really comfy too.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 18 2009, 12:29 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (A&A'smommy @ Mar 18 2009, 03:16 PM)
QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Mar 18 2009, 08:34 AM)

Will they pay to get you any seat or just a britax? reason I'm asking is because we have a first years learning curve seat and its higher rated than the britax RF & FF after talking to a friend who had a britax and her daughter HATED it and it was huge she got that one and they like it a LOT better its really comfy too.

Yes, they will pay for any seat we want as long as it's $300 or under (which we paid $300 for the Regent).

I will have to check that seat out, Jessy Ann. Thanks!

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0113 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]