Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Going off mini-pill
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Dec 4 2007, 11:25 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

I don't know how long I've been taking it, maybe 9 months or so, but I've noticed that my skin has been TERRIBLE ever since, so I've decided I'm done. I've tried changing face soap, moisturizer, everything, but nothing is helping....So I think it's due to the pill. I read online that the mini-pill (progestin only) can cause more acne, where the combined pills usually clear up your skin. Yeah, wish I knew that before taking it. I also have only had one period while on it. I want to be regular again. Tired of buying PG tests. So I'm done. DH is just going to have to wear condoms. dry.gif

Anyone else have this trouble with the mini? Ugh, I feel so gross lately.... growl.gif I have been off for two days now and already I feel my face a bit smoother.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Dec 4 2007, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

I'm not on the mini, but I'm getting REALLY sick of my pill. I'm on my third pack and am still having AF in the middle of the pack every month, and nothing when I'm supposed to have it. Not to mention I just realized that my insurance doesn't cover it so it's $64 each pack ohmy.gif Really not worth it in my opinion.

Hope your skin gets back on track quickly!

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
luvbug00
Posted: Dec 4 2007, 11:31 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

I had major issues on the mini and i don't blame you a bit for getting off it! hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo

mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Dec 4 2007, 11:34 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (amynicole21 @ Dec 4 2007, 02:28 PM)
I'm not on the mini, but I'm getting REALLY sick of my pill. I'm on my third pack and am still having AF in the middle of the pack every month, and nothing when I'm supposed to have it. Not to mention I just realized that my insurance doesn't cover it so it's $64 each pack ohmy.gif Really not worth it in my opinion.

Hope your skin gets back on track quickly!

Oh wow, $64 is way too much Amy! Did you start your first pack in the middle of your cycle and that's why you're getting AF in the middle? I would ask your doc for something new or see if he/she can give you some freebies for a few months. That's crazy! I pay $5 for mine, I suppose that's why I don't feel bad not starting my new pack.

I'm still nursing some, little bugger isn't done. happy.gif So I think I'm going to wait until he is completely weaned and then try a combo pill. Mircette was always a good one for me in the past. Hope you find one that you like better and is cheaper!

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Dec 4 2007, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

I havent taken the pill since we got married, but I know i didn't like it!

And i have just recently cleared up my face so now I for sure won't go back on it!

Maybe time for another little baby around there? tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Dec 4 2007, 02:17 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (moped @ Dec 4 2007, 03:30 PM)
Maybe time for another little baby around there? tongue.gif

Believe me, it's on my mind............ tongue.gif But let's get Wil PT and Wesley off the boob and we can talk #3! wink.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Dec 4 2007, 07:15 PM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

Every BC made me ill, so no more for me. Add that to the increased risk of cancer from the synthetic hormones among other things, no thanks for me. I'd rather take the chance. Hopefully not taking it will make you feel a lot better and put your body back on track. smile.gif

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM
MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Dec 4 2007, 07:20 PM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Member No.: 2,273

Good luck with it, Rae. And no doubt, PT and wean first. My goal before next time is PT and fewer tantrums about doing it himself.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
A&A'smommy
Posted: Dec 4 2007, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

I hate bc personally... I have WAY TOO MANY problems on it and I'm tired of trying!!! hug.gif I hope it helps... I hate being broke out too

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
lisar
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 06:54 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

When I did take the pill they ALL made me sick to my stomach so I couldnt take them. Thats why I always opted for the shot or something. Good luck with it.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0176 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]