Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Took 3 HPT's, no AF yet...
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: May 15 2005, 06:22 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

I'm on day 39 for my cycle, which is not that abnormal for me. I've had a 42 before. So I've taken three tests so far and they are all negative. Either it is too early to predict the PG hormone, or I'm just not getting AF due to something else. I'm totally freaking out here. I have come down with a cold and I feel bloaty too. Gained a couple lbs. So yesterday I was totally depressed thinking that I'm so not ready to have another child right now. I know it's selfish to say, since I know many people are TTC, but I am a "planner" by nature and can't get over the fact that I did not plan this if I am PG. Plus I was looking forward to wearing a bathing suit this summer and have bought some cute new clothes! Plus my expensive dress for my MIL's wedding...guess it's going to Ebay! Okay I know that's totally selfish of me, I would love a baby, but just the thought of going through another pregnancy so soon is just nuts! Wil will have just learned to walk when the baby is born. I was hoping to get him out of diapers before the next one came along...

Anyone else have babies less than 17 mos apart? Does anyone know what could be happening to me?? Is it possible to have AF one month after weaning my DS and then not get it the next?? I haven't had any light spotting or anything that seems like AF is on her way...except for the bloating I guess, but that could also be PG. Also, I had a little cramping a couple days ago, but that could also be PG. I remember the first time I was really crampy from implantation, but I had a positive HPT by about day 36.

Arggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Sorry to vent.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: May 15 2005, 07:35 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

okay number one I know people who have babies 11 months apart and they are fine, my SIL had her kids just a week shy of 13months apart its not really a big deal anymore to have kids that close together sometimes you just can't help. And number two you may not be pregnant go to the docter tomorrow and get a blood test done that will tell you if you are preggo or not.. Its going to be okay

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
maestra
Posted: May 15 2005, 09:36 AM
Quote Post

Giselle Rebecca

Member No.: 115

If you ovulated later in your cycle, you would not be ready for af yet, and therefore would not test pos for pregnancy (regardless of if you are preg or not).

If you have cycles which are not regular (ie 30 days every cycle) it totally stands to reason that you just ovulated later this cycle (or have not yet ovulated) and are not preg.

I had cycles like that before my dd #1. Sometimes they would be 32, sometimes 29, sometimes 42, and one time 64 days. Turns out I have polycystic ovaries, and many times did not have enough Leutenizing hormone (LH) which is what causes the egg to be released from the ovary. On those really long cycles, I was not ovulating at all, my body would just finally give up on the cycle and start a new one.

So my point is- try not to worry yet, it could be nothing! wavey.gif

--------------------
Michelle
Wife to Henry (6/8/02)
and Mommy to Jaquelyn (Jaci) 9/23/02, Giselle 1/4/05 and Brian 1/7/09

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: May 16 2005, 06:28 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Okay I'm sorry how negative my original post may sound. And materialistic with all the clothes and "ME" talk. I'm really not that way...The more I think of this, I would love another child. DH and I have been talking about names lately. I took a fourth test and still negative. I'm going to call the doctor today and see what's going on. Until then, I stopped taking my antibiotics and drinking...I'm so sick right now with a bad cold and I'm not taking anything to help. I'm not going to risk it until I know for sure.

Wish me luck! I do have a quick question, does anyone suffer from PCOS? I'm wondering what symptoms you had when you first discovered that you had this condition? Since I'm obviously having anovulatory cycles, I'm afraid that my ovaries are overloaded and trying hard to release an egg. Any blood I had last month may just be anovulatory bleeding, not the real thing. Who knows how long my cycle was last month since it was the first AF after BF. So like you all say, maybe it's just nothing. Or maybe it's the start of PCOS?

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
mammag
Posted: May 16 2005, 06:38 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,050

Don't worry about sounding negative...you are just processing the many emotions and that is perfectly normal and fine. I'm not sure what to tell you about AF not coming yet. I'd probably just call the dr. to ease your mind.

As far as having kids close together.... My first two were 14mos apart and I've said before, to me it was one of the easier transitions because I was already used to the diapers, gear, etc. that goes along with little ones. There were probably some rough moments that I have blocked out right now but for the most part, I really liked having them close like that. One benefit is they share the same interests (even being boy and girl) and were able to keep each other busy a lot.

You will be okay if you are pg. Let us know what happens....you are in my thoughts.

--------------------
Jeanie - SAHM to Kristen 13, Cade 12, Conner 8, Keegan 3

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: May 16 2005, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Thanks Jeanie! I think more and more how fun it would be to have them close together. Well I called my OB and he said that I probably just haven't ovulated yet and that my period last month was just bleeding, no ovulation. You can still get AF and not ovulate. He also said that he typically waits 2-3 months after a mom stops BF before checking if she has a problem. So it's normal to still have no AF at this point because I'm only 2 months post BF. He said to wait another thirty days and if I have no AF, then to call him and to make sure to keep checking for PG symptoms. I have none, besides I feel extra hungry, bloated and I'm peeing a lot. But could just be coincidence or PMS.

Thanks for your kind thoughts and words... smile.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
maestra
Posted: May 16 2005, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Giselle Rebecca

Member No.: 115

I have PCOS, and we found it by accident when I asked my dr to check my mirena placement via ultrasound.

My pregnancies seem to have knocked my body into doing what it should....for now. rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Michelle
Wife to Henry (6/8/02)
and Mommy to Jaquelyn (Jaci) 9/23/02, Giselle 1/4/05 and Brian 1/7/09

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
danahas4monkeys
Posted: May 17 2005, 03:48 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 942

rae, good luck with things. i have 2 children that are 13 mths apart. and 2 that are 22mths apart, i like have them close. my sister and i are 10mths and 22 days apart lol, guess are parents forgot what happened lol! but you will be fine if you are pg, it all works out someway!

dana

--------------------
Dana
Mommy to Kimberly 14, Jordan 13, Alexis 7, and Andrew 5
PMEmail PosterYahoo
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: May 17 2005, 12:04 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (danahas4monkeys @ May 17 2005, 06:48 AM)
rae, good luck with things. i have 2 children that are 13 mths apart. and 2 that are 22mths apart, i like have them close. my sister and i are 10mths and 22 days apart lol, guess are parents forgot what happened lol! but you will be fine if you are pg, it all works out someway!

dana

Thank you! I'm feeling more relaxed. I'm sick right now, going on vacation next week, and in my friends wedding. So I'm worrying about every little thing. Just a bit stressed. Could be why I haven't had AF. But thanks everyone for making me feel better! smile.gif

A friend of mine just called today and said she is PG. Her daughter is 9 mos old and she had several negative HPT's before she went to the doctor for a blood test and found out she is really PG. So now I'm thinking I could really be....Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Why can't we have some blinking sign over our head that says you're either PG or not, or one that says when exactly you're going to get AF???? It would be so much easier. I've tried charting, but if anyone has tried it, it can be pretty darn frustrating too. Because I never had a thermal shift at all! Thanks for letting me vent...

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: May 17 2005, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

I hope i didnt come accross too rude i was just aggravated that day rolleyes.gif Anyway goodluck. When are you going to the docter?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: May 17 2005, 12:14 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (alyssa'smommy @ May 17 2005, 03:09 PM)
I hope i didnt come accross too rude i was just aggravated that day rolleyes.gif Anyway goodluck. When are you going to the docter?

Oh pleeeeease...you were not rude at all! smile.gif I even had to go read your post again because I didn't even think you were rude. Sorry you had a bad day. I'm going through bad ones myself. Trying to look on the bright side...having a child, whether planned or not, is always a blessing! I haven't made an appt yet. I will let you all know...

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0175 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]