Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> ovulation question, waaayyyy TMI!
ammommy
Posted: Apr 4 2005, 11:18 AM
Quote Post

Happy Easter!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,117

For the last 5 months or so, I am miserable when I ovulate and don't know if it's anything to be concerned about. I get bad cramps that remind me of my miscarriages, have horrible headaches (but not migraines), and am exhausted for a few days afterwards like I am in the first trimester. That last one has put a bit of fear in me at times, let me say wink.gif
The good news is that I know when I am fertile and can plan accordingly since we are NOT TTC. But I'm really not pleasant to be around. I'm not due for an appt with the OB until September and don't know if I need to be concerned and get in to see her before then.
Nothing has changed in my life except finally dropping some weight slowly and carefully.

--------------------
Lisa, SAHM to Megan and Alec
PMEmail Poster
jcc64
Posted: Apr 4 2005, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

Do you mind if I ask how old you are? B/c I've found that the older I get, the more aware I am of my various hormonal fluctuations. When I was younger, (in my 20's), I never felt the differences- now I feel crampy on one side or the other, am incredibly emotional, have headaches, and overwhelming anxiety. I have heard this from other women as well, but I always think it's a good idea to run it by your doc when you are concerned enough to post about it. Good luck, but I'm sure it's nothing.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
ammommy
Posted: Apr 4 2005, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

Happy Easter!

Member No.: 1,117

I'm 34 and holding tongue.gif . Really, though, I am 34. The suddenness of the changes is what's concerning me a bit.
BTW, you are the only other person I have "met" that has a son named Alec (other than Mrs. Baldwin, of course).

--------------------
Lisa, SAHM to Megan and Alec
PMEmail Poster

Mandasmomma
Posted: Apr 5 2005, 06:25 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1,492

I would mention it to the MD - it is a sign of endometriosis. I have always knows what side I was ovulating on - from pain. Still till this day I do.

Good luck!!

--------------------
Kelly Mom to:
Angel baby Katelyn 5/25/01 and
Miracle girl Amanda 3/22/02

Our Angel Katelyn
Lilypie Baby Ticker

Amanda Rose was born on 3/22/02
Lilypie Baby Ticker

center>Bob and Kelly
Daisypath Ticker
PM
JAYMESMOM
Posted: Apr 6 2005, 05:35 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,669

I would contact your MD and see if they want to see you before September. It can be a sign of endometriosis. The one thing I do know is as mom's we tend to neglect our own health but our children would never miss a doctor's visit or not go in if they were experiencing unusual symptoms. So do it for yourself. Nothing may be wrong but find out for sure.

--------------------
user posted image
In loving memory of Great-Grandma Wright 3-26-06.
Not pictured Great-Grandma Buckley RIP 11-20-05.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
atlantamomof2
Posted: Apr 6 2005, 06:23 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 1,138

I would definately run it by your doctor. I am 24 yrs old. When I'm ovulating I feel twinges of pain for a day or so but also my sex drive is crazy high!! wacko.gif rolleyes.gif My husband loves it, let me tell you! rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
~Valerie...Wife, Mother, Teacher~
Maggie (04-10-2000) Joshua (12-24-2003)

Before going to bed, give your troubles to God.
He'll be up all night anyway.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0158 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]