Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> This store ripped me off!, GRR
loveydad
Posted: Feb 7 2005, 05:44 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I'm seriously bummed fighting with a store in Boise. There's a chain store, there's on in Nampa and one in Boise. They're called Other Mothers and they're a used baby gear/clothes place. They're kinda expensive but they're less expensive then to buy new and they have really nice stuff. They also buy stuff. I took down a swing and a ton of clothes. They told me I had 30 dollars in credit, right? Well I bought a 22 dollar thing and she says "okay, so you owe me 6.99" or something. "I'm like uh, no, the thing I just bought cost 22 dollars and I have 30 dollars in credit" She had just called the Nampa store (which they always do) to verify my credit and the Nampa store told her that I basically owed them 12 dollars that I hadn't payed off. First of all, that's not that kind of store. You can't just walk out of the store with stuff you didn't pay for. I remember paying for it! They told me I had credit. Their story changed sevearal different times! They said "it shows that you owed it since clear back in July!!" Uh, NO! I've been in there probably 10 times since and bought stuff on credit or not, don't you thin kthey'd have figured out that I had 12 dollars that i owed them!? I was going to take my stuff away but I figured it was too big of a pain and let them keep it. Which mean I didn't get thet 22 dollar thing that I wanted.

Went over to Nampa absoulty PISSED at these people. They tried to tell me that basically I just charged that 12 dollars! Uh, NO! that doesn't work that way! She also told me that it was on december 15th that I had been in there. I may or may not have been to both stores that day, and they're saying that I spent my credit in one store and they didn't update their system (Bs because I know they update automaticely and they check with the other store each time) Today I found a receipt that says I was there in Nampa on the 22nd of December too!! Why the hell wouldnt' they have told me!? So basically I lost 12 dollars. I ended up having to spend all my credit that day so that I wouldn't have existing credit for them to steal! And I didn't buy my 22 dollar thing which I needed and now I've ..well not really lost that money. I bought a bunch of clothes but still. Bums me out.

I relaly liked selling my stuff to that store. They gave me a lot more money than other places. sad.gif bawling.gif
JessC
Posted: Feb 7 2005, 06:09 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,289

Im sorry. sad.gif I hate when stuff like that happens. Their was a clothing store here in oregon that is really bad about discounting their clothing. It really ticks me off. mad.gif

--------------------

-Jessica

PMEmail Poster
texasp3
Posted: Feb 7 2005, 06:15 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 960

UGH!! I quit going to a baby consignment place here because they sold me an excersaucer with missing parts. Um... NOT COOL. It's an upscale consignment place and they're SUPER SUPER picky about what they will take, they should be super picky about what they SELL. If I had bought it at a yard sale or Goodwill, it wouldn't have bothered me.

I know, should have done my research... but you know how it is in those stores - you see something you want, you need to buy it because it might be gone by the time you go home and look it up on the internet.

Plus, shortly after that I noticed them re-selling these little outfits that were selling for less brand new at Sears. Not on sale at Sears either, just the regular price. I think they were selling them for $3.99 each at the consignment place and at Sears they sold bundled in sets of 2 for less than $7... one of whose wonky prices $6.83 or something like that.

I quit going after that. OH... AND they wouldn't take ANY of the stuff I wanted to consign there even though it was as nice or nicer than what they had on their racks!

Grrrr! mad.gif

Anyway - sorry you got ripped off! How frustrating... I hate it when places can't get their story straight. You just want to ask them if they take you for an idiot or a total idiot.

--------------------
Marie, Mom to Gabriel (3.1.04) and Michael (6.14.89)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo

loveydad
Posted: Feb 7 2005, 06:58 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Yeah the place Iwent to was selling dollar store blankets for 1.99. rolleyes.gif

but they're great for gear and stuff, they check and make sure if it's recalled before they buy it.

Outfits run from 2.99-6-7.99. So not bad. Usually it's about 1/3 of the price. Or maybe half.

I know how it is when you see something you're never sure if it'lll be there later so you grab it. Often regretting it. tongue.gif

Very frustrating. Sometimes they have half off/dollar sales that are really awesome though.
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 8 2005, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Oh that is very frustrating mad.gif! I tried to sell some stuff once to a consignment shop and it just didn't work out. They annoyed the crap out of me, lol.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
oliviadenver
Posted: Mar 12 2012, 01:56 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,660

Why don't you file a complaint against the store??
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0111 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]