Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> New to the World of Single Mom
manda_nae_nae
Posted: Aug 10 2009, 06:15 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,696

I am fairly new to this. I have 4 children, and am pursuing a divorce from their father. He moved out a month ago today, leaving me with the primary residence and then kids.
My concern right now, is I don't like the neighborhood he moved to. Very trashy. The best word to describe it is ghetto. But he grew up there and knows a lot of the people there, and he wants to take my kids there to stay with him overnight!! I don't want my children staying there, even for 1 night. What do I do? He won't go stay at his mom's house with the kids.
And he'll only take 2 at a time. Next weekend, he wants to take the 2 oldest to a local place like Chuck E Cheese called Adventure Kingdom. His excuse is that only 2 will fit in his truck at a time. When I mentioned, that I could take all 4 to him in the van, he shot that idea down, saying that that would be a lot of driving for me to go home and then come back a couple of hours later. Like I couldn't find something to do in the area for a couple of hours!

Anyway, my divorce papers have been sent to the courthouse for the judge to sign and that's all I know. This lawyer is nice and all, and he seems to be going after Micah for all he's got for me and my kids, but his office does NOT like to call me back when they say they will. GRRRR~~ So I don't know if he's been served the papers or not, he hasn't said. The lawyer's office said they'd call me BEFORE they were served and I haven't heard from them. I called last Friday and they had no clue and said they'd call me back and I have'nt heard anything from them yet.

Well, anyway, thanks for listening to my rambling.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
amymom
Posted: Aug 10 2009, 06:48 AM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

hug.gif Good Luck with everything.

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
mummy2girls
Posted: Aug 12 2009, 04:50 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

hello... My name is Shelly and i was a single mom for 4 years. The father of my oldest daughter was a mess. He wanted to be a part of his daughters life but didn't want the hard stuff to go with it. so he would play with her but i was left to do all the dirty work like change bumbs , etc. I know it was dumb of me to do this BUT i would of done anything for my daughter to have a relationship with her dad. He now is a Wonderful dad and takes her for a few days at a time now...

unfortunetly he has alot of rights to the kids because you were married to him and he lived with the kids all thier lives? right? unless you can prove to the judge that where he wants to take them is unsafe and unfit i dont think you take that away from him. as much as i hate what happens at his place with his now girlfriend & son that he lives with i dont have a leg to stand on to take that away from him. I did about a year ago but he has changed his life around and he can prove that to any judge out there. I almost all the time have to bite my tongue around my daughter.

Taking just 2 kids at a time... I dont know how to look at that. it may seem unfair to the other kids that dont get to go but i can see it as him just wanting to bond with one child at a time. At least he is trying so that could be a good thing. I dont know the situation so i cant really say much...

good luck in everything...

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN

manda_nae_nae
Posted: Aug 16 2009, 09:24 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 22,696

As for his current residence, right now, I guess I have to put up with it, because his dad, who owns the residence, is in prison. But when he gets out in a couple of months, I will NOT let my daughters go over there and stay with that man. I have been told that he molested my sil when she was younger. And I don't want him around my girls!

Well, my two youngest daughters went to stay at their dad's Saturday morning and came home Sunday at around noon. They seemed alright. He even gave them a bath. Shocking. LoL My oldest wanted to go with her sisters, but couldn't, so we had a girls night. I ordered us a pizza, rented Bedtime Stories, we played some card games, and she painted my nails. Overall, we had a blast smile.gif
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0108 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]