Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Has anyone bought a new wedding ring..., just because??
C&K*s Mommie
Posted: Apr 16 2006, 03:35 PM
Quote Post

President & CEO of the CNCK Corporation

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,622

Just wondering, if anyone has replaced their original wedding ring/ring set with a new one-- just because.

I love the set that Chris purchased for me, and the story behind in and the proposal. I want pass it down to the girls one day. But I am also inclined to see about buying a new ring/set- I asked him if he would ever do that and he wants to as well for himself to replace the one he wears now. But since my tendency is to wear silver more than gold, I want to have one in platinum instead of the gold. This will also be great since I can only give one of the girls the set, but if I have a second I can pass down the other to the next one to be married (when the girls are in their 50's they can get married wink.gif )

Just curious about your thoughts on buying a new band. Is it common to buy a new one, just because?

--------------------
*~*wife to Christopher for 5yrs~*~
~*~mother to Christian (5) & Kellie (3.5)*~*

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
luvmykids
Posted: Apr 16 2006, 03:44 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I only got a new one after I lost my original one but I did take the opportunity to "upgrade" wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
b&bsmom
Posted: Apr 16 2006, 04:02 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 1,757

I got a new one but I also still wear my old one on my right hand. See what happened was my old set broke again and I had to get it fixed. Well of course they tried to get me to trade it in and upgrade. They were having a sale and I have a unique heart shaped ring well they showed my mom and I this new one they got in it is a heart made by 3 diamond shape diamonds with another heart shaped filled with diamonds outlining it and then a band that is filled with diamonds. I am not a jewlery person but it was amazing. Needless to say my mom talked to my Dad and they went back and bought it for me ( although they told me to tell everyone Jim bought it) I still love my original ring so I where that one on my right and my new one on my left. So that is my story!

--------------------
user posted image]user posted image user posted image
Stacy wife to Jim and mom to Brittany 6/24/99 and Bryce 9/9/02

I've been hit Snowball fight 2006
PMEmail PosterAOL

C&K*s Mommie
Posted: Apr 17 2006, 10:04 AM
Quote Post

That was sweet of them to do that for you Stacy, and to not take credit for it but to say it was your husband. How sweet!!! love2.gif

I hear ya, Monica. wink.gif rolling_smile.gif

--------------------

Mommy2Isabella
Posted: Apr 17 2006, 10:16 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,075

Sal recently got a new band! I ADORE my engagement ring and wouldn't trade it for the world! I LOVE PLATINUM! LOL But we had plans to get new bands, he got his sooner than I will get mine because his ring was causing his finger to have a rash or something sad.gif ... but mine is soon to come. I want a platinum band to match my engagement ring. We are keeping the old rings though ... we aren't sure how we will use them ... but we will!!!

--------------------
Jessica
Wife to Salvador 12.23.05
Mommy to
Isabella 8.8.06 & Isaia 1.2.08 & Ian 8.28.09
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Apr 17 2006, 10:24 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

We got new bands around our 4th wedding annivesary. Our original matching set was to thin for DH it kept bending on him so we got thicker new matching bands, I still have his first one (after I had it re-shaped and polished) and I still wear mine. I did recently re-do the wrap, with one new diamod and one old family diamond. DH still wants to upgrade my diamond.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 17 2006, 10:43 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

I am different from most people because my ring, albeit not very big or fancy, but it's important to me the way it is. It's the ring my husband asked me to marry him with and it's the ring he put on my finger and promised to god and the congregation to be my husband for life so I just couldn't bare replacing that ring with another one on that particular finger. I don't need an upgraded one for any reason that I can see. What I'd do if I ever wanted another ring of any sort is just buy one for another finger wink.gif.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Apr 17 2006, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Apr 17 2006, 01:43 PM)
I am different from most people because my ring, albeit not very big or fancy, but it's important to me the way it is. It's the ring my husband asked me to marry him with and it's the ring he put on my finger and promised to god and the congregation to be my husband for life so I just couldn't bare replacing that ring with another one on that particular finger. I don't need an upgraded one for any reason that I can see. What I'd do if I ever wanted another ring of any sort is just buy one for another finger wink.gif.

I feel the same Karen, I dont want to touch the engagement ring, and have not. Just added a ring around it. Also the same reason I still wear my original wedding band.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Apr 17 2006, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 249

i know a lot of people who do but i personally wouldn't. even if it was a cigar band, it was the one DH promised all his love to me with and that's the one i am keeping on wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
MyBlueEyedBabies
Posted: Apr 17 2006, 11:15 AM
Quote Post

Mommy's littlest man

Member No.: 828

I have...twice actually. My original engagement band I picked out to go with the wedding band I liked. As it got closer and closer to our wedding day I started dis-liking the wedding band more and more everyday but never said anything thinking dh would be upset...when I told him he was fine and said lets go find one that you'll like smile.gif I found a new wedding band but it fit into a different engagement band so we traded them and got the new set. Then after we moved to CO I had been eyeing a totally different style and wanted a diamond that didn't scream high schooler getting married. We both ended up getting new rings, mine platinum three stone style ring with a diamond eternity band, and his is a titanium (i think) band. It deffinately fits us better than the more boring gold sets we picked out as teenagers.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Apr 17 2006, 11:18 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

QUOTE (KEB&1MVB @ Apr 17 2006, 02:15 PM)
Then after we moved to CO I had been eyeing a totally different style and wanted a diamond that didn't scream high schooler getting married.

???? what do you mean by this? unsure.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Apr 17 2006, 11:33 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Member No.: 69

I really want to ask DH for another set (engagement and band) for our 5 year anniv this October. I would keep the rock, just put it in a nicer setting. Mine is so plain and doesn't suit my hand at all.

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
moped
Posted: Apr 17 2006, 11:36 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

Nope, I will wear mine forever........not too fancy or big, but it is what Tom surprised me with and I love him for htat.
I would however, wear a nice big diamond on my right hand
He did just get me a ring on our trip, but it is fairly bling bling so not for everyday wear!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Apr 17 2006, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

No, I absolutely LOVE the ring that DH picked out all by himself. wub.gif It means so much to me since he did it all on his own. Mine isn't fancy either, but it doesn't matter to me. We also didn't do the typical set (band and solitaire) which people ask me all the time "where's your wedding ring?. Again, doesn't matter to me. It's a platinum band (channel) with diamonds...it's all I need. I would NEVER replace it unless it were lost for good.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
PMEmail Poster

mom2tripp
Posted: Apr 17 2006, 01:10 PM
Quote Post

My little man

Member No.: 1,846

NO--I actually got into an argument with the jewelry store guy bc mine was cracked and he was just like, I'll give you a new one, you just have to give me your original-I was like NOOOO, that's why I have the original diamond band, my original wedding band, and another identical wedding band for 1/2 price on top of my engagement ring, it's very special to me to keep the original ones forever

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
MyBlueEyedBabies
Posted: Apr 17 2006, 01:38 PM
Quote Post

Mommy's littlest man

Member No.: 828

QUOTE (Kaitlin'smom @ Apr 17 2006, 12:18 PM)
QUOTE (KEB&1MVB @ Apr 17 2006, 02:15 PM)
Then after we moved to CO I had been eyeing a totally different style and wanted a diamond that didn't scream high schooler getting married.

???? what do you mean by this? unsure.gif

It means I was 17 and in high school picking out a wedding ring. I had very young taste as I was young at the time. Now I am a little older and my style has gotten more mature. The ring I picked out at 17 looks like something a highschooler would be wearing, not an adult.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
amymom
Posted: Apr 17 2006, 02:01 PM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

My DH and I got new wedding rings near our 15th anniversary.

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Brias3
Posted: Apr 21 2006, 09:37 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,419

We did an upgrade on my ring for an anniversary.

This post has been edited by Brias3 on Apr 21 2006, 09:38 PM

--------------------
Bria,
Wife to Bruce
Mom to Ryan (10), Aliyah (8), and Mason (5)

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Apr 22 2006, 05:32 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

bawling.gif My rings were stolen bawling.gif

This still upsets me terribly. I LOVED my rings. Scotty had them made just for me..they were PERFECT! Now they are gone.

I did get a new ring, but it doesn't hold the same meaning for me as my others. sad.gif
PMEmail Poster
C&K*s Mommie
Posted: May 1 2006, 08:54 AM
Quote Post

THANKS everyone for your replies. I think I may go ahead and save for a new band for Chris, and work with him on planning a 10yr renewal after all. I was thinking of a 5yr renewal, but that is next yr & I will just be graduating by then... not working. The more I got to thinking about it, if Chris does ever buy me another band (I would not expect a new one for the renewal) then that will be great, since whichever of the girls gets married first can have the original set Chris gave to me. And whatever other band (I may get) can be passed down to the next baby girl who gets hitched. (( sad.gif ))

--------------------

mamasbigbaby
  Posted: Jul 21 2006, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I wish. I'm not married. bawling.gif
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jul 21 2006, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

I think so my dad had to buy several rings.. but I'm like you I like silver instead of gold my engagement ring is platinum and my wedding ring is white gold I LOVE them!!!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
zdk753
Posted: Jul 21 2006, 04:47 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 2,073

I bought new ones & am going to be buying another set within a yr. My first set my MIL actually picked out but they were beautiful. It had a unique design on it when the engagement ring & band were put together. When I got pregnant w/ Zach my fingers swelled so much I had to take them off. I put them up so they wouldn't get lost. I did such a good job I never did find them. Phillip finally bought me a new set which I loved even more since he picked them out. I was working as a housekeeper at the hospital so I couldn't wear them. I was afraid when I took my gloves off in a hurry I would take the rings off too. I put them up when I went to work & put them back on when I got home. One night they weren't there. We had some family over & they said Kailynn had messed w/ my jewlery box while I was gone. I searched my house top to bottom & couldn't find them. I found out later that my family member who blamed Kailynn had actually stolen them & pawned them off to buy meth. By the time I found out the rings were already gone.
PMEmail Poster
mamasbigbaby
Posted: Jul 21 2006, 04:53 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Lucky!!! rolling_smile.gif
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Jul 21 2006, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Member No.: 135

Not yet but as our finances continue to improve, we have discussed it a few times. We were both students when we got married so we had little money to spend on our rings. We wanted platinum but settled for white gold. After only 5 years, my engagement ring, wedding band and his band are all dented to heck and back and they are turning more gold than silver. Now my diamond, he went all out for and I couldn't ask for more. It's almost too flashy for me and it's really not that big. He bought the best diamond he could reasonably afford at the time and that's just sweet to me. It's not big but it is almost flawless. Just a nice simple solitare LOL

I plan to keep the same simple band styles and settings, just sturdier materials, and I'll keep the original setting for sentimental reasons.

We discussed saving up for new bands/settings and getting them for our 10th anniversary...in 4 years wub.gif

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0114 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]