Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> question
Jamielou
  Posted: Jul 1 2005, 10:16 AM
Quote Post

~ laney bug ~

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,829

Well i dont know if this is the right place to post or not but its a health question...

About two months ago my Aunt died of Pnumonia(sp?) and MRSA.....

I dont know a whole lot about MRSA but everything i look up on it says its only conagious if you touch fluids and stuff like that.... my cousin lived with my aunt while she was sick and her daughter just had surgery last night for a spider bite that made her real sick (it was on her but and swelled up the size of her cheek)...

They are telling her now that her daughter has this MRSA and now every time she gets sick it will attack her system and make it harder for her to get over simple colds and stuff like that .....My question is this....I dont mean to be this way but how can i protect my kids from this and keep them from getting it.....Has anybody on here had any experience in this and know how it spreads for sure i want to protect my kids and i dont want to make hers feel bad if you know what i mean...I dont want to have to keep them away and hurt their feelings but i dont know anything about this.....

If anyone has info on this or personal experiances it would greatly be appreciated...

Thanks
Jamie

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Jul 1 2005, 10:38 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I don't have a clue about MRSA, but I would probably think and feel the same way you do. Maybe you can call your Ped and discuss it. I'd want to make sure I had all the facts before letting the kids play together.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Jamielou
Posted: Jul 1 2005, 10:40 AM
Quote Post

~ laney bug ~

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,829

Thats probably what i will do because i dont want to risk anything .... They dont play together often but I would like to have all of the facts just in case.... wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0144 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]