Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Child Support, Issues
lisar
Posted: May 19 2006, 06:33 PM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,760

Okay yes I am married but I figured in the single board some one might know something about this.

I get child support for my oldest daughter. (her sperm donor dont even know her name) However the child support enforcement program here in Florida SUCKS!!!!! They wont do anything unless they are 30 days or more past due. Which he is twenty thousand past due. But as long as he makes a payment at least once every 30days then he is okay. WTH!!!! I was just wondering if anyone else's states do this also.
PMEmail Poster
Cece00
Posted: May 19 2006, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,100

Have you filed to have his tax returns taken every year?

Or tried to have his license revoked?

--------------------
Crystal

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Rachael
Posted: May 19 2006, 09:26 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,680

I live in Michigan. My son's child support is directly taken out of his father's paycheck weekly and is directly deposited into my account. His father had no say in this. The state automatically garnishes his wages. This is of course, after I took him to court and the lawyers decided on the amount he would pay according to both of our wages. He was 3 months behind because it took this long for the system to kick in. Because he is behind, the state takes an additional 15 dollars out per week until he is caught up. Even when he was laid off, I still continued to receive child support. I hope I was of some help.

Rachael
PMEmail Poster

lisar
Posted: May 22 2006, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Both are good points and yes I get his Income tax every year however its only around $300-$400 a year. His license will not be suspended because he pays once every 30 days. And it isnt the amount it is supposed to be. It is supposed to be comming out of his check however he works on commision so I am not sure why they arent taking it out. I know he quit his job for a while and no he got another one so I called CSE and told them where he works and lives ( I am a good detective) so I am hoping they will start taking it from his paycheck at his new job. But it takes our child support people months to get them the paperwork. When I called them they said they will mail it out within 30days. 30 DAYS!!!!! And thats just the form to verify that he works there. So God only knows when I might get something on a regular basis and what I am supposed to be getting.
Thanks for all of your advice...
PMEmail Poster
holley79
Posted: May 22 2006, 05:18 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,515

I know my brother and sisters SD owes my mom 85,000 and he went to TX. He hasn't paid crude and FL won't do anything. My DH lost his job 10 years ago, was paying what he could and was only 5000 in arrears and they tossed him in the can.

The only thing I can suggest is riding FL's butt

--------------------
Holley~ Loving wife to Shawn, (03/22/03), stepmom to Brandon (5/23/88), mom to Annika Lily (12/28/05).
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Cece00
Posted: May 22 2006, 09:34 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,100

QUOTE (lisar @ May 22 2006, 09:01 AM)
Both are good points and yes I get his Income tax every year however its only around $300-$400 a year. His license will not be suspended because he pays once every 30 days. And it isnt the amount it is supposed to be. It is supposed to be comming out of his check however he works on commision so I am not sure why they arent taking it out. I know he quit his job for a while and no he got another one so I called CSE and told them where he works and lives ( I am a good detective) so I am hoping they will start taking it from his paycheck at his new job. But it takes our child support people months to get them the paperwork. When I called them they said they will mail it out within 30days. 30 DAYS!!!!! And thats just the form to verify that he works there. So God only knows when I might get something on a regular basis and what I am supposed to be getting.

If he is working commission- they can only take a certain % of his check, he has to have money to live on. This is probably why you arent receiving the whole amount, part of his earnings may be bonuses, etc.

--------------------
Crystal

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: May 23 2006, 05:31 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

QUOTE (Cece00 @ May 23 2006, 12:34 AM)
QUOTE (lisar @ May 22 2006, 09:01 AM)

If he is working commission- they can only take a certain % of his check, he has to have money to live on. This is probably why you arent receiving the whole amount, part of his earnings may be bonuses, etc.

According CSE laws if he gets a bonus I get the entire thing. I got his X-mas bonus a couple times. But he isnt with them anymore. I called CSE yesterday and talked to them and they told me they wouldnt do anything but go after him. I told the lady on the phone that that I do HR for a living and that if I dont take it out of someones check does that mean I wouldnt get into trouble. She said I didnt say that (when she did) I told her they needed to enforce my case then. She said all we have done is help you. I told that was not true because they have never once tracked him down. She was such a bad person ( I am having to watch my words) I am gona write the govener again. Jeb Busch always seems to make something happen on my case when I write him. The last time I wrote him I got a check 2 weeks later. He dont play when it comes childern. I just hate the he wont be in office for another term His term is comming up.

Thanks for all the advice.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0103 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]