Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Discharge. TMI..
Nina J
Posted: Feb 29 2008, 03:12 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,398

I get really thick discharge. Not runny or anything, it's like thick goo. puke.gif And it is not that pleasant to smell. But, lately it has been getting worse. I usually have a shower in the morning or at night. I have at least 1 shower in a day. But, I have been noticing this odor and I have pretty good hygeine. I wash and dry myself properly.

It's also worse if I cross my legs. And, I cross my legs a lot. Or if I sit down for a long time, regardless of if I cross my legs or not

It's getting embarrassing because I am afraid other people can notice the odor blush.gif It seems like it is almost getting to the point where I have to change my underpants twice a day, when usually I change them once a day.

But, I don't have any pain or anything, so, what can I do? Should I tell my doctor about it, can she do anything.

edited to say: I considered it might be because my pants are to tight or something, but, I wear loose pants and cotton underwear. So, I don';t think thats it.

This post has been edited by Nina J on Feb 29 2008, 03:15 AM

--------------------
Nina, Mama to Emily Kate, Odessa Jean & Aysun Aleisha.
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Feb 29 2008, 04:45 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

not sure what to say
I would call your Dr and ask it cant hurt its prolly just an infection

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
Bamamom
Posted: Feb 29 2008, 06:56 AM
Quote Post

Changing lives one diaper at a time since 2006

Member No.: 3,297

Sound like a bacterial infection to me. Is the discharge greenish at all? Or does it have clumps kind of like cottage cheese? Is the oder fishy? I'd definitely call my OBGYN - they will probably have you come in and do a wet prep so they can determine exactly what kind of infection it is but it should be pretty easy to treat. If they give you the option of vaginal suppositories or taking a pill go with the suppositories - I know they're a pain but they usually do a better job of treating the infection.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

Teesa®©
Posted: Feb 29 2008, 07:34 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 73

Is it an ongoing thing or just for a few days? I'm asking because I get a rather thick discharge when I'm ovulating, it's my first "clue" that AF is due soon. Mine lasts a day or two and then it's done till next time.

If you're worried about people noticing, you can try baby or talcum powder in your panties. Some people [like me] have a reaction, though, so be wary. I can't wear pads with baby powder in them.

Not sure if this would work/help, but you could try putting in a plug [tampon] while around other people to keep it... umm... contained? Not sure how to word that one, but I'm sure you get my meaning.

If it's longer or an ongoing thing, then yes, make an appointment with your doctor and get it checked out.

This post has been edited by Teesa®© on Feb 29 2008, 07:35 AM
PM
jcc64
Posted: Feb 29 2008, 07:47 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

Just wanted to pipe in about talculm/baby powder idea- don't do it. Doing that increases the risk of ovarian cancer, or some cancer in that region. Google it.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Mar 2 2008, 08:00 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

Do you drink beverages containing caffeine a good bit? I used to and I would go through bouts of that kind of thing. My dr suggested I drink lots of water/uncaffeinated drinks for a few days and see if that helps. It did, and if I get to drinking too much caff again it starts back up. The dr. said that caff can cause your ph to get out of whack, which is what causes odor, etc.
Hope this helps!
hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0090 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]