Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Question for those had your tubes tied?
3xsthefun
  Posted: Dec 7 2007, 07:49 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 227

Has your periods ever been late? Also are your periods different since you had your tubes tied? I'm just kind of curious. I had 2 pretty normal cycles after Ryan was born.

But in early October I had some brown spotting for 4 days. Then about two weeks after the brown spotting I got my period which was super heavy and lasted longer then normal. Sorry for TMI.

I'm a week late right now. Not sure what is going on. unsure.gif

--------------------
Tina wife to Rob (Sept. 25, 1999)
mommy to Kaitlynn (11), Maegan (7) & Ryan (3.5)
PMMSN
luvmykids
Posted: Dec 7 2007, 07:53 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I've been late a handful of times since I had it done almost four years ago, but I can usually attribute it to stress. My periods are mostly normal but once in awhile I do have a heavier/crampier one.
PMEmail Poster
3xsthefun
Posted: Dec 7 2007, 08:07 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Did it worry you when you was late?

I don't think I'm under any stress really.

Oh, well hopefully it will show up soon.

--------------------
PMMSN

lisar
Posted: Dec 7 2007, 08:09 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

After I had my tubes tied I had nothing abnormal happen. Period wise anyways.
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Dec 7 2007, 08:12 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (WVmommie @ Dec 7 2007, 09:07 AM)
Did it worry you when you was late?

Yes, always. I never thought I'd spend so much money on pg tests AFTER a tubal rolling_smile.gif It's always one of those things, the more I think about it, the longer AF takes to show up rolleyes.gif

It might not hurt to call your dr and just see what they say, I've never had the brown spotting, I'd be curious more than anything. hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
3xsthefun
Posted: Dec 7 2007, 08:25 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

I bought a test last night and now feel stupid for doing it. I should of known I'm not pregnant.

I plan on talking to my doctor about the brown spotting when I go in for my pap this month.

I'm thinking one reason it is so late cause I keep wondering when it is going show up. I've done that to myself before I even had my tubes tied and on BC pills.
I just need to quit thinking about it.

--------------------
PMMSN
luvmykids
Posted: Dec 7 2007, 10:46 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (WVmommie @ Dec 7 2007, 09:25 AM)

I'm thinking one reason it is so late cause I keep wondering when it is going show up. I've done that to myself before I even had my tubes tied and on BC pills.
I just need to quit thinking about it.

BTDT, it took me YEARS to quit paying attention to when she was "supposed" to be here wacko.gif
PMEmail Poster
My2Beauties
Posted: Jan 15 2008, 01:55 PM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 467

I know this is old but I wanted to add all the women in my family that have had a tubal have horrible horrible periods, to the point where my mom is getting a hysterectomy. This is why I chose not to have my tubes tied.

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jan 15 2008, 04:27 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

QUOTE (My2Beauties @ Jan 15 2008, 05:55 PM)
I know this is old but I wanted to add all the women in my family that have had a tubal have horrible horrible periods, to the point where my mom is getting a hysterectomy. This is why I chose not to have my tubes tied.

oh how i wish i had known that could happen before i agreed.
there are all kinds of weird things going on now!

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
lisar
Posted: Jan 16 2008, 06:10 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

I dont recall ever being late all the time afterwards.
PMEmail Poster
lovemy2
Posted: Jan 16 2008, 01:00 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

QUOTE (My2Beauties @ Jan 15 2008, 01:55 PM)

Really they attribute it to her tubes being tied? I was always told and read that it does not affect anything unsure.gif

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
:.Mrs_Mommy.:
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 06:09 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 18,118

QUOTE (lovemy2 @ Jan 16 2008, 01:00 PM)

Really they attribute it to her tubes being tied? I was always told and read that it does not affect anything unsure.gif

I got my tubes tied when I was 22 yrs old, it has been almost 4 yrs now (day after Kyla was born) and my periods are sooo much worse than they were. My first real period after she was born I went back to ER because the cramps were horrible. They gave me a shot and gave me a Rx for narcotics. They have since gotten better but normally every other month I have just 1 really bad cramp day, I am bed bound for the whole day. The period itself is also really heavy and much longer. Mine used to be 4 days total with only 1 day of heavy bleeding now it is 7-8 days of really heavy bleeding and 2 days of spotting. It is really difficult but the dr I had told me it was normal for women who have had tubals to have hard periods.

I no longer take narcotics for the pain, just rest, hotpads, ibuprofen. DH helps a lot and kids understand that Mommy needs it quiet that day. (They are pretty used to that because I get horrid headaches as well normally about 1-2x/week.)

But anyway I just thought I would give my 2 cents.

--------------------
~Kalli~

Mommy to:
Aaron Joseph 01.20.00
Lily Ann Marie 04.03.01
Kyla Raye 05.25.04

Photobucket

Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
3xsthefun
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 12:45 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Well I know one thing. I wish I never had my tubes tied now. sleep.gif I'm afraid I'm going have problems later on. Sorry for the TMI but I bleed so bad for the first couple days that I have change my pads or tampons every hour it is crazy!

I'm a week late again...this is crazy. Wish AF would hurry up and show up!

--------------------
PMMSN
sparkys2boys
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

Sleep, is over-rated!!!

Member No.: 6,128

QUOTE (3xsthefun @ Feb 17 2008, 04:45 PM)
Well I know one thing. I wish I never had my tubes tied now. sleep.gif I'm afraid I'm going have problems later on. Sorry for the TMI but I bleed so bad for the first couple days that I have change my pads or tampons every hour it is crazy!

I had my done almost 6 years ago and still have major problems because of it. My perioids last MUCH longer then they should 10 days or so, are severly heavy (TMI here to but I can relate to having to change every hour or less some times) I have cramps, mood swings, headaches, and way to much TMI now but have HUGE blood clots.. sorry I know.. ick. As for being late.. whats that? I would never know when it was to be on time anymore wacko.gif wacko.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMSN

My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

Yikes! You'd think they would tell you about the potential side effects before hand - I guess they don't? I'm glad we decided it makes more sense for DH to get a vasectomy.
PMEmail Poster
3xsthefun
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 05:12 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (sparkys2boys @ Feb 17 2008, 06:48 PM)
QUOTE (3xsthefun @ Feb 17 2008, 04:45 PM)
Well I know one thing. I wish I never had my tubes tied now. sleep.gif  I'm afraid I'm going have problems later on. Sorry for the TMI but I bleed so bad for the first couple days that I have change my pads or tampons every hour it is crazy!

I had my done almost 6 years ago and still have major problems because of it. My perioids last MUCH longer then they should 10 days or so, are severly heavy (TMI here to but I can relate to having to change every hour or less some times) I have cramps, mood swings, headaches, and way to much TMI now but have HUGE blood clots.. sorry I know.. ick. As for being late.. whats that? I would never know when it was to be on time anymore wacko.gif wacko.gif

Sometimes I have to change my pads less then a hour also and I have the blood clots. OH and I have to wear super plus but they still don't help much.

As far as being late I've been trying keep track of it. I was pretty normal for the last couple of months. I was suppose to get AF last Saturday but still no sign of her.

--------------------
PMMSN
My2Beauties
Posted: Mar 18 2008, 12:13 PM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 467

QUOTE (lovemy2 @ Jan 16 2008, 04:00 PM)

Yes now they do, but she had this done 27 years ago when I was born so back then she had no clue what she was getting herself into. Apparently, the docs don't give out much info even still to this day....but yes she goes to the samy gyno I do and they always warn women beforehand about the possible issues with your aunt flo after having your tubes tied. It stinks. This is why when the time comes DH is getting a vasectomy, we just need to save up the money.

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0223 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]