Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Piano Recital Pic
MommyToAshley
Posted: Mar 17 2010, 06:34 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Ashley had her piano recital this past Sunday. The teacher had originally reserved a really fancy smancy hall with a grand piano but there was a mix up in the reservation. So, she had to either change the location or the date, and since most people couldn't make it to the alternate date, we just had it in the basement of a church so all the kids could make it, which was the important part. The kids were all really great, but there were two older kids, a 14 year old boy that played the piano and a 16 year old girl that sang opera style that were sooooo amazing! I was blown away by their talent!

Ashley played two songs on the piano and sang one song. She did really great!! Here's a pic, and I'll post video later once DH downloads it.

Attached Image
Attached Image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
luvbug00
Posted: Mar 17 2010, 12:49 PM
Quote Post

awhat!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,984

thumb.gif wub.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Cece00
Posted: Mar 17 2010, 05:50 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,100

cute! how long has she been playing piano? im trying to decide when I should start my kids...

--------------------
Crystal

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Mar 17 2010, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

She looks so grown up in that pic!! wub.gif
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Mar 17 2010, 07:43 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

QUOTE (Cece00 @ Mar 17 2010, 09:50 PM)
cute! how long has she been playing piano? im trying to decide when I should start my kids...

She just started in October. The piano teacher said this is the perfect age to start and she has really picked up on it quickly. I do know some of her friends that have played since around the age of kindergarten. There was one boy at the recital that was absolutely amazing. He started taking lessons when he was 11, and he was 14 at the age of the recital. But, he was most definitely gifted.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: Mar 18 2010, 03:38 AM
Quote Post

Parker, the handsome pound puppy!

Member No.: 1,127

Cute picture! It is really fun to hear the older students play. O got pretty motivated after she heard some of them. Does she take singing lessons, too?

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Mar 18 2010, 05:44 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

QUOTE (mom21kid2dogs @ Mar 18 2010, 07:38 AM)
Cute picture! It is really fun to hear the older students play. O got pretty motivated after she heard some of them.  Does she take singing lessons, too?

Yes, but it is nothing major. Her piano teacher just adds 15 minutes on the end of her piano lesson for the voice lesson. She is just teaching her the basics, like how to breathe, stand, and how to open your mouth properly for vowel sounds, etc. But, she has caught on quickly. Music has always interested Ashley, and she really wanted voice lessons, so I figured this would help if she ever wanted to join chorus or something like that. Her piano teacher said that the voice lessons has helped her piano and the piano lessons has helped her voice lessons, so they flow nicely together.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02

mom21kid2dogs
Posted: Mar 18 2010, 07:46 AM
Quote Post

Parker, the handsome pound puppy!

Member No.: 1,127

Oh yes, they definitely compliment one another. My daughter already reads music far better than I do. Piano is the base for all instruments, including the voice!! That's great that you have the same teacher for both. O goes to OU for voice lessons~such a hassle. And she wants to add guitar now~ugh!!! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Mar 18 2010, 08:31 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

QUOTE (mom21kid2dogs @ Mar 18 2010, 11:46 AM)
Oh yes, they definitely compliment one another. My daughter already reads music far better than I do. Piano is the base for all instruments, including the voice!! That's great that you have the same teacher for both. O goes to OU for voice lessons~such a hassle. And she wants to add guitar now~ugh!!! rolleyes.gif

Ashley actually asked to take guitar lessons, but when I asked around, I was told it is best to start with the piano. So, that's where I started. I think it surprised her how much she loves playing the piano. I don't even have to tell her to practice. But, she still wants to learn the guitar.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02

kimberley
Posted: Mar 18 2010, 08:44 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 249

she is so beautiful! wtg Ashley! wub.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0113 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]