Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 59 year old woman gives birth to, triplets
lisar
Posted: Sep 9 2008, 06:16 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,760

http://www.news4jax.com/health/17427877/detail.html

What is your opinion on this? I say more power to her for be able to do it.
PMEmail Poster
BAC'sMom
Posted: Sep 9 2008, 06:36 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 7,486

huh.gif I'll pass.

--------------------
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
PMEmail Poster
stella6979
Posted: Sep 9 2008, 08:16 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,252

I don't know, I can understand wanting to have kids, but you also have to think about those kids. I just can't imagine a 70 year old being able to keep up with three 10 year olds. blink.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
Life is an incredible journey that is only enhanced by the people you share it with. ~ Rev Run
PMEmail Poster

lisar
Posted: Sep 9 2008, 08:35 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

QUOTE (stella6979 @ Sep 9 2008, 11:16 AM)
I don't know, I can understand wanting to have kids, but you also have to think about those kids. I just can't imagine a 70 year old being able to keep up with three 10 year olds. blink.gif

Good point.
PMEmail Poster
Calimama
Posted: Sep 9 2008, 12:47 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

QUOTE (stella6979 @ Sep 9 2008, 08:16 AM)

I agree.

I was a surprise baby for my mom later on in life and now I'm 21 and both my parents have gone through major medical issues. Of course that doesn't happen to everyone but I have to admit a lot of times I wish I had younger parents because I had a lot of responsibility in taking care of them. I hope no one gets offended.. it's just how I feel.
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Sep 9 2008, 12:53 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

a surpirse pregnancy is one thing but for an almost 60 year old woman to get pregnant on purpose I don't think its fair for the children JMO

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
mckayleesmom
Posted: Sep 9 2008, 03:15 PM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

QUOTE (A&A'smommy @ Sep 9 2008, 03:53 PM)
a surpirse pregnancy is one thing but for an almost 60 year old woman to get pregnant on purpose I don't think its fair for the children JMO

ditto

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster
Nina J
Posted: Sep 9 2008, 03:44 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 3,398

I think a surprise pregnancy is one thing, but to intentionally get pregnant at 59 is another thing. She went to a lot of trouble to get pregnant, which to me indicates she did want children a lot. But did she put any thought in to the fact that when her kids are 5 and starting school, she'll be 64; a lot of there classmates won't even have grandparents that old. And when they're 20 and at college, she'll be almost 80 years old. She will have to live to 100 to see her children turn 40.

I just hope that she is blessed with a healthy life from this point in and gets to see her kids grown up. And, I hope she is able to keep up with them.

--------------------
Nina, Mama to Emily Kate, Odessa Jean & Aysun Aleisha.
PMEmail Poster
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Sep 10 2008, 06:11 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

I have many many mixed feelings about this thing. If it would have been the "hands of God" that got her pregnant then, even though I would have to wonder what the heck God was thinking laugh.gif , I would remind myself of the fact that everything has a purpose and happens for a reason. Surprises do happen at all ages. THEN...I read this part "after going abroad to get donated eggs". At her age, I think (this is JMO) it's a little steep to go to that level for a child. And now she has triplets! blink.gif Perhaps she should have thought about this earlier in life if she wanted one that bad. I am not someone who is for donanting sperm and eggs though either, for anyone. Surrogacy yes, but donating eggs and sperm, no. Two different things to me. This woman is older than my own mother, and these days the average age is in the 60's/70's. You are pretty much setting your children up to be without their mother at an early age...to me that is irresponsible. JMO.

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM
PrairieMom
Posted: Sep 10 2008, 06:19 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

Who am I to day that its wrong? I guess I don't know anything about her specific situation. Maybe she is married to some 25 year old who will be there to watch the children grow? cool.gif I would hate to deny any woman the experience of motherhood. That being said, I am 31, and these kids are slowly sucking the life force out of me. i can't imagine doing it at 60. laugh.gif
PM
My2Beauties
Posted: Sep 12 2008, 05:48 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 467

huh.gif Wow! I couldn't handle triplets and I'm only 27.

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
Jennis
Posted: Sep 12 2008, 11:24 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 21,121

Wow. That's unbelievable, Some mommies at the age of 40+ having difficulties during their labor but this 59 year old woman gave birth to triplets. Amazing.
PMEmail Poster
DillsMommy
Posted: Sep 13 2008, 06:11 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,279

QUOTE (Boo&BugsMom @ Sep 10 2008, 10:11 AM)
You are pretty much setting your children up to be without their mother at an early age...to me that is irresponsible. JMO.

I agree.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterAOL
ZandersMama
Posted: Sep 13 2008, 06:36 AM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

I personally dont think it is fair to the children. I hope there are older siblings that can take care of them, because chances are high the babies will be orphaned young. It sounds mean, but realisticly chances arent great this woman will live to see them out of highschool.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN

Homegirl
Posted: Sep 27 2008, 11:48 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 17,687

Honestly I think it was selfish. She was risking major congenital problems and she may not live to see her child grow up.

Homegirl

This post has been edited by Jamison'smama on Sep 28 2008, 09:56 AM
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0241 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]