Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Advice needed for burping
Danalana
Posted: Apr 22 2008, 12:44 PM
Quote Post

If mothering was easy, FATHERS would do it.

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,444

Kade has gotten into this phase where he gets mad when i burp him. he doesn't seem to be in pain at all, just not wanting to stop eating long enough to do it. Before we changed bottles and formula, he had a good bit of gas, but not now. Because of the problem he had with it, I would burp him after about every ounce, and I still do it after every ounce or ounce and a half. Should I let him eat more before I burp him? I read that you should burp them halfway through and then at the end. So, if he eats 5 ounces, that would be after 2.5. What do you think?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
moped
Posted: Apr 22 2008, 01:21 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

I think they give you signs when they need a burp.....whining, fitgiting etc.......Just my thoughts

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
MoonMama
Posted: Apr 22 2008, 03:26 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 4,927

What Jen said. With Braedin I found he didn't need to be burped as often either. So like you said if he ate 5 oz I'd burp him every 2.5-3 oz then again at the end, unless he seemed to need it sooner. He'll let you know. Good luck. hug.gif

This post has been edited by MoonMama on Apr 22 2008, 03:26 PM
PM

boyohboyohboy
Posted: Apr 22 2008, 03:31 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

when caleb was a baby, he would suck the entire bottle down if i let him, he hated to be burped, you would have thought i had just pulled off his arm, not taken his bottle away, but if i didnt and i let him drink it and attempted to burp him after the entire thing, the he would throw up like mount st helen! i swear he could somehow double the amount in his belly and throw it up into the next room!
if he is throwing up when you burp him, i would burp him no matter how made he gets..
but if not, then i say let him eat, and watch for cues.
or just follow your instinct on it. thats usually the best.

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MyBlueEyedBabies
Posted: Apr 22 2008, 03:47 PM
Quote Post

Mommy's littlest man

Member No.: 828

we had a love hate relationship with burping our kids.... Katy we had to burp only for a short amount of time (like 8 weeks maybe)...but not ever during a bottle. that would just tick her off and not really do anything. and to burp her she had to be laying over our legs....not over a shoulder
Matt hated being burped and never did any good
Johnny would puke as soon as we tried to burp him. no one (doctors or nurses) believed us that is was not a good idea to burp him because it made him puke more....then they would burp him themselves get puked on and magically believe that we knew what we were talking about biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
luvmykids
Posted: Apr 22 2008, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

All three of mine would really slow down when they needed to burp. The few times they didn't and I let them keep eating paid for it dearly laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Apr 22 2008, 05:56 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

QUOTE (moped @ Apr 22 2008, 04:21 PM)
I think they give you signs when they need a burp.....whining, fitgiting etc.......Just my thoughts

ITA ~ maybe he's gotten past the point where he needs to be burped so often. I know I had to burp Andrew every couple minutes when he was nursing in the beginning, but when he got a little older he didn't need to as much and eventually I'd just burp him when he was done. wink.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
Sam & Abby's Mom
Posted: Apr 22 2008, 06:51 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 11,125

If I remember correctly,, when Sam was a newborn I'd burp him every once and as he got older,,, I'd increase the amount he was fed between burps. I kind of slowly built up to more ounces between burps.

--------------------
Peggy
Wife to Tim (Oct 1996)
Mom to Sammy (Nov 2004), Abby (Jun 2006)
PMEmail Poster
Danalana
Posted: Apr 22 2008, 06:54 PM
Quote Post

If mothering was easy, FATHERS would do it.

Member No.: 8,444

Thanks yall...I appreciate all your advice. When I feed him next, I am going to just try to let him tell me when he needs it.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0133 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]