Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Naps...please help!
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Apr 11 2008, 09:50 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

ITA Rocky. There is no known cause of SIDS. It used to be don't put your baby on their back, then it was their side and now it's "back to sleep"...dont' put your baby on their tummy. When really nothing prevents it. It seems they take the greater percentage of infants who died on their tummy, etc and just go with that.
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Apr 11 2008, 11:55 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 788

QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Apr 11 2008, 11:27 AM)
QUOTE (~Roo'sMama~ @ Apr 11 2008, 10:05 AM)
QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Apr 10 2008, 02:30 PM)
those angel care pads to put under the mattress etc...those are a crock. If sids strikes, it strikes.

A co-worker of Dh's has a Baby Sense monitor and when her baby was just a few weeks old it went off in the middle of the night. When she went to check on him his face was blue - she picked him up and he choked a little then started breathing again. They think he was choking on some spit up or something. So they do work - in this case it could have saved her baby's life.

Sorry - I should have specified again that I was talking about them being a crock for SIDS. Yes, they start beeping after about 10 seconds, to warn you if your baby stops breathing for longer periods of time, and in that particular case, was good to have. What I meant was, if SIDS strikes, it's not a mattress pad that's going to save the baby, and getting it just for the purpose of preventing SIDS won't do a lick of difference. blush.gif

Oh ok I see. happy.gif I guess it really wouldn't help with an actual case of SIDS, but so many people group suffocation in with it so I thought you were saying they just don't work. tongue.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0149 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]