Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Question about teething!
My2Beauties
  Posted: Mar 24 2008, 09:49 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 467

Aubrey has gotten one tooth so far and it just broke through the gums about a week or so ago, maybe a week and a half. I know she has more, the one that came in was on the bottom front two and I know the other one and the two top ones aren't far behind that just from what Hanna did and almost every other baby I've ever known. My question is, she hasn't been sleeping as well lately, waking up usually just once a night but very restles, tossing and turning a lot and whining on and off in her sleep, I notice she has been pulling her ear. Now I know her teeth are bothering her a lot, would that in turn possibly bother her ear or do kids pull their ears when they teeth?? I'm wondering if maybe she actually has an earache?? I don't remember if Hanna ever pulled on her ears while teething. She had several ear infections as a baby and had to have tubes, Aubrey has only had one and it was a very minor infection caused by an ongoing cold she had for weeks on end, other than that she has has no problems with her ears at all. Did your kids pull their ears while teething? unsure.gif

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Mar 24 2008, 09:51 AM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Member No.: 2,459

Yep, very common. The pain can reach backward to their ears.

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 24 2008, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

Yes, and 9 times out of 10 you take them to the doc when they are teething they'll tell you they have an ear infection, when in fact it's just teething that makes it appear like they do. That's how kids get overmedicated for ear infections. sleep.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

My2Beauties
Posted: Mar 24 2008, 10:20 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Member No.: 467

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Mar 24 2008, 02:05 PM)
Yes, and 9 times out of 10 you take them to the doc when they are teething they'll tell you they have an ear infection, when in fact it's just teething that makes it appear like they do. That's how kids get overmedicated for ear infections. sleep.gif

I've heard of that which is why I ask, I hate hate hate being prescribed antibiotics for the kids because I always wonder if they really need it, I trust my peds but I have heard of this. I'll just keep an eye on her. Hanna never had issues with her ears while teething, she got her teeth in at 10 months too, she had to have tubes at 6 months though because her ear infections were horrible, she would get double ones that wouldn't go away with antibiotics, it was so awful. Hanna would just scream bloody murder, Aubrey isn't doing that, just whining more than she usually does, she hardly ever makes a peep, whining wise, so I thought I'd get a few opinions.

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 24 2008, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

What I did is keep track of when she was complaining about her ears and if she was teething at that time. I would take Kylie in every time and every time they told me it was an ear infection - when I started to keep track I realized she only had the ear problems when she was teething.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
DillsMommy
Posted: Mar 25 2008, 06:32 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,279

Peyton has been doing the same thing. He's been pulling at his right ear, I thought for sure he had an ear infection. I told his doctor at his check up last week and she said his ears looked fine, that it was from teething. Sometimes it makes their ears feel "tingly"

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterAOL

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0144 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]