Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> HOLY MEDICAL BILLS, why didn't anyone tell me??
skinkybaby
Posted: Jan 29 2008, 06:06 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,328

QUOTE (Bellasmommy10 @ Jan 28 2008, 10:12 PM)
QUOTE (skinkybaby @ Jan 28 2008, 02:52 PM)
I know what it's like, I grew up a military brat.  The health care is very similar.  Yuck yuck yuck yuck.

Really? Our military medical covers 100% of everything. We never even see a bill. huh.gif

That's what I mean. It covered everything, but when we did have to see the doctor it took forever to get anything done.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Calimama
Posted: Jan 29 2008, 10:34 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

QUOTE (skinkybaby @ Jan 29 2008, 06:06 AM)
QUOTE (Bellasmommy10 @ Jan 28 2008, 10:12 PM)
QUOTE (skinkybaby @ Jan 28 2008, 02:52 PM)
I know what it's like, I grew up a military brat.  The health care is very similar.  Yuck yuck yuck yuck.

Really? Our military medical covers 100% of everything. We never even see a bill. huh.gif

That's what I mean. It covered everything, but when we did have to see the doctor it took forever to get anything done.

Ohh gotcha. I hope our next duty station isn't like that. They are pretty fast at this one. thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster
holley79
Posted: Jan 29 2008, 10:36 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,515

They will take what you can afford. Just be sure to be honest with them and make sure you make the payment monthly. Tell them a set monthly payment and if you can pay above that on some months feel free. I am still paying on my car accident bills. dry.gif

--------------------
Holley~ Loving wife to Shawn, (03/22/03), stepmom to Brandon (5/23/88), mom to Annika Lily (12/28/05).
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo

wcs40110
Posted: Feb 1 2008, 05:53 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 5,240

Were kinda lucky cuz Dakota had a cleft so she gets extra coverage (not lucky but lucky) We have insurance on her through the state but I have nothing so... You hope and pray and like others have said you try to pretend it never happened, or go belly up... or pay out your ear.

ughh. Depressing America is sooo screwed up , you should watch michael moores sicko!
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Feb 1 2008, 06:25 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 249

i don't know why i hear so much flack about how horrible Canadian health care is. i have lived here all my life and never had any major probs. when my tonsils got bad, i was admitted right away and in surgery as soon as the swelling went down enough for removal. most appts can be booked the same week as long as you are not picky for time and if you happen to have a busy dr. who takes a couple of weeks to see for non-serious appts (anything serious is seen within 24hrs), there is a walk-in clinic every few blocks that could take you within minutes. most hospitals by me have a children's walk-in clinic in the hospital. if i don't like my doc, i can drop her for someone else. i am allowed to get second, third or fourth opinions if i want to. my dad just had surgery this past november. he went for an MRI, the surgeon (which he chose) diagnosed him on thursday, he was admitted on friday and had surgery on sunday. his after care was amazing. 3 days in ICU being pampered. a few weeks in neuro for recovery, then to a live-in rehab hospital for PT and OT for a few more weeks. the rehab place was gorgeous with pub nights and bingo nights and karaoke at the piano bar... all free!! he still is getting therapy as an out patient because HE wanted to go home. he needs a neck brace til the surgery area totally heals.. they gave him one. they gave him numerous things to help him like this thing that does up buttons for you, a gadget that u roll socks on and it puts them on for you without bending, a long shoe horn... i don't call that substandard care.

sorry for blahblah.gif , i just don't agree with the assumption that free health care sucks.

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Feb 1 2008, 07:22 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

QUOTE (kimberley @ Feb 1 2008, 11:25 PM)

sorry for blahblah.gif , i just don't agree with the assumption that free health care sucks.

Here Here!!!!! thumb.gif thumb.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Feb 1 2008, 11:38 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

QUOTE (CantWait @ Feb 1 2008, 10:22 PM)
QUOTE (kimberley @ Feb 1 2008, 11:25 PM)

Here Here!!!!! thumb.gif thumb.gif

There is no perfect system, but things here are undeniably messed up. growl.gif
PM
amynicole21
Posted: Feb 2 2008, 06:33 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

QUOTE (wcs40110 @ Feb 1 2008, 08:53 PM)
Were kinda lucky cuz Dakota had a cleft so she gets extra coverage (not lucky but lucky) We have insurance on her through the state but I have nothing so... You hope and pray and like others have said you try to pretend it never happened, or go belly up... or pay out your ear.

ughh. Depressing America is sooo screwed up , you should watch michael moores sicko!

Just watched Sicko last nigh - wow, was that an eye opener. Our system is really screwed up wacko.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
skinkybaby
Posted: Feb 2 2008, 02:56 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 4,328

I was just stating which system I prefer, having lived with both. Different people like different things. I think it's great that you like your health care system and there's nothing wrong with me liking mine! thumb.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0214 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]