Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Recipies
wcs40110
Posted: Jan 17 2008, 02:24 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,240

Anyone have quick easy recipies that are still healthy for kiddos? Sometimes I make food I'd prefer my daughter not to eat, such as pizza or burgers, and pop up something for her. It's hard sometimes. Quick yummy recipies that still have veggies are the best. Any ideas please add!
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Jan 17 2008, 03:57 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 249

just add veggies to everything. make a pasta sauce with pureed veggies in it. they won't know if they can't see them lol. add veg to your pizza. my girls love vegetable soup. something about tomato flavor makes them not notice the veggies. i think there are webpages dedicated to disguising veggies in your cooking if you google it.

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
mommy~to~a~bunch
Posted: Jan 17 2008, 03:59 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 17,840

How about homemade mac & cheese, with some squash or pureed carrots or other veggies mixed in? My kids LOVE it!!!

--------------------
~*~Mollie~*~
Mom to Logan, Quentin, Ethan, Hannah, Kayla, & Abigail!
PM

dreneef
Posted: Jan 18 2008, 06:58 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 7,440

My son love Chicken noodle soup. Just shred the chicken, dice the carrots and celery, with wheat pasta and boil it in chicken broth. Another quick meal is perogies....
PMEmail Poster
mommy~to~a~bunch
Posted: Jan 24 2008, 05:29 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 17,840

QUOTE (dreneef @ Jan 18 2008, 08:58 AM)
My son love Chicken noodle soup. Just shred the chicken, dice the carrots and celery, with wheat pasta and boil it in chicken broth. Another quick meal is perogies....

I'd avoid all canned broths as it's just LOADED with sodium, MSG, and other junk. Make your own with a whole chicken thumb.gif .

--------------------
~*~Mollie~*~
Mom to Logan, Quentin, Ethan, Hannah, Kayla, & Abigail!
PM
CantWait
Posted: Jan 24 2008, 07:20 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

QUOTE (SewingMama @ Jan 24 2008, 10:29 PM)
My son love Chicken noodle soup. Just shred the chicken, dice the carrots and celery, with wheat pasta and boil it in chicken broth.  Another quick meal is perogies....

I'd avoid all canned broths as it's just LOADED with sodium, MSG, and other junk. Make your own with a whole chicken thumb.gif .

Canned is fine if you don't have the time etc, just use in moderation.

How about celery with peanut butter, or cream cheese and raisins on top.
Wrap with refried beans, shredded cheese, or meat and cheese, lettece.
Meatloaf is easy to hide vegetables in, or meatballs. You can shred carrots, green pepper, or red pepper, onion.
Pasta with tomato sauce, lots of good stuff in tomatos.
Make your own pizza on a pita, add tomato sauce and your daughter can add her vegetables or pineapple.
Homemade burgers are always good as well, can be loaded with all sorts of vegetables.

I'll try and think of more. I don't have much problem with vegetables and my kids luckily.

Sometimes though, it is easier just to give it to them raw, makes a world of difference. My kids prefer most of their vegetables raw then they do cooked. Actually so do I. unsure.gif

Guess I should ask, how old is your daughter.

This post has been edited by MommyToAshley on Jan 24 2008, 08:08 PM

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
bawoodsmall
Posted: Jan 24 2008, 07:25 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 13,464

QUOTE (dreneef @ Jan 18 2008, 06:58 AM)

If that little boy in your pic is yours he is so flippin cute. i just wanna squish him.

--------------------
user posted image[/IMG]
PMEmail Poster
Cece00
Posted: Jan 24 2008, 08:07 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,100

QUOTE (CantWait @ Jan 24 2008, 07:20 PM)
QUOTE (SewingMama @ Jan 24 2008, 10:29 PM)
My son love Chicken noodle soup. Just shred the chicken, dice the carrots and celery, with wheat pasta and boil it in chicken broth.  Another quick meal is perogies....

Canned is fine if you don't have the time etc, just use in moderation.

How about celery with peanut butter, or cream cheese and raisins on top.
Wrap with refried beans, shredded cheese, or meat and cheese, lettece.
Meatloaf is easy to hide vegetables in, or meatballs. You can shred carrots, green pepper, or red pepper, onion.
Pasta with tomato sauce, lots of good stuff in tomatos.
Make your own pizza on a pita, add tomato sauce and your daughter can add her vegetables or pineapple.
Homemade burgers are always good as well, can be loaded with all sorts of vegetables.

I'll try and think of more. I don't have much problem with vegetables and my kids luckily.

Sometimes though, it is easier just to give it to them raw, makes a world of difference. My kids prefer most of their vegetables raw then they do cooked. Actually so do I. unsure.gif

Guess I should ask, how old is your daughter.

OMG, lol rolling_smile.gif

How about meatloaf? You can sneak veggies into that cut up really small...plus a side of mashed potatoes.

How about shepherd's pie? thats quick too.

You could just roast a chicken, thats easy, just roast & peel off bones. My kids will eat tons of chicken, esp if I put ketchup on their plate.

You could always get "veggie fries" too...I bake mine, so they arent so loaded with fat. My kids like those.

You know what I do sometimes? When I have some energy, I will cook like 4 things at once. I'll do a chicken & make shredded chicken to eat as is, or put into enchiladas, and use some of it to make chicken salad too. Then I might make a meatloaf, then maybe a big roast w/ rice and gravy, and then maybe something like jambalaya. It takes me hardly any more time to cook 4 things as it does 1, and I can save a few for dinner & keep a couple for lunches.

Jamabalaya is pretty easy too, btw...its basically rice, seasonings, meat (I made some yesterday & used turkey sausage & chicken) I add in peas or sometimes corn & the kids eat it.

http://www.cooking.com/recipes/static/reci...alaya%20Recipes

speaking of turkey...you could always get some turkey dogs, they are like 1 g of fat or something...I dont buy them often, but occasionally I buy them & my kids like those a lot, and I dont feel so bad b/c its not "omg, ew, regular hot dogs"

My kids also like sandwiches....

You could make a ham & cheese loaf too...get a thing of pizza dough, roll out, fill with ham & cheese, wrap dough up, bake....yum!

how about beef stew or chicken stew? if you have a crockpot, you can throw everything into there & leave it.

or chicken cacciatore? thats a pretty easy one. you can sneak some veggies into that too, just cut them up really small.

This post has been edited by MommyToAshley on Jan 24 2008, 08:09 PM

--------------------
Crystal

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
wcs40110
Posted: Feb 1 2008, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 5,240

You guys are so awesome. She's 16 months by the way smile.gif
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0185 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]