Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Headaches/Migraines
JAYMESMOM
Posted: Apr 6 2005, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,669

My step-son is six and over the past few years we have noted an increase in the number of headaches he gets. We are unable to associate them with any certain food or event. They happen when he is with us and when he is with his mother. I am getting more concerned since now it is affecting his school work since he has missed a few days over the course of the school year. His vision is perfectly fine as that is what we thought was the main culprit. I just wondered if anyone else out there had any previous experience or knowledge. I know it is heridetary since I deal with migraines myself. (His mother does to - my DH's exwife and I have a lot in common - it's scary sometimes.) He can't explain anything in depth about them just that his head hurts and where it hurts. I would appreciate any advice or information.

--------------------
user posted image
In loving memory of Great-Grandma Wright 3-26-06.
Not pictured Great-Grandma Buckley RIP 11-20-05.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
mammag
Posted: Apr 6 2005, 01:29 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,050

Kristen has headaches a lot and has missed class also. I had her seen by the doctor because of course I was worried that it was the worst case scenario. The doctor said it could be tension headaches or migraines. I have bad headaches too so I think it could be migraines and hereditary. I've never been diagnosed but they get really really bad.

If she has a good doctore they should be able to diagnose it for you. I'd just make an appointment so you can ease your mind and they can give you ways to help him with it.

--------------------
Jeanie - SAHM to Kristen 13, Cade 12, Conner 8, Keegan 3

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Apr 6 2005, 01:41 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 800

Migraines are much more common in females than males, but that doesn't mean your son's not having migraines. Because they are less common it would bother me a little more that he has frequent headaches. It would bother me enough that I wouldn't be happy until I knew the exact cause.

Where are his headaches located? In front behind the eyes is almost certainly allergy and/or sinus related and there are treatments for that. Hate the thought the poor kid is suffering... that coming from a long term headache sufferer myself. Good luck!

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN

~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Apr 6 2005, 03:35 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

Oh poor kid. sad.gif I've been getting migraines since I was little too. For me they usually came on when I was tired or had had a really full day. I remember getting them every sunday morning from sitting through church... then I would fight the nausea all the way home (30 minute drive) and run into the house and throw up as soon as we got home. When I got older I started going to the chiropractor and having my neck adjusted really helped keep them at bay but I don't know if that was the cause of them when I was younger or not. dunno.gif I hope you can figure it out and he get's over them soon! grouphug.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
PascosGirl
Posted: Apr 7 2005, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 1,590

I would take him to his doctor. You can never be too careful and sometimes headaches are the result of other problems.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PM
JAYMESMOM
Posted: Apr 7 2005, 08:25 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,669

Thank you for all your advice. We are setting him up with the pediatrician soon. I always feel so bad since I know what it feels like. I have seen neurologists since I was young to and I wish he didn't have to suffer.

--------------------
user posted image
In loving memory of Great-Grandma Wright 3-26-06.
Not pictured Great-Grandma Buckley RIP 11-20-05.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0144 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]