Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Crushes, what to say
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
  Posted: Nov 21 2008, 07:37 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

Wil has a little crush on a girl named Lily at PS. I find it actually pretty cute, but he is starting to talk about her constantly. Yesterday evening, he told me he wanted to buy Lily a new cat. I asked, what happened to her cat? And he replied, it died. We talked about how sad Lily must feel, but I wondered if this story was really true. I told him we couldn't get Lily a cat because her mommy and daddy may not want another cat. I said maybe we can buy her a stuffed cat instead. That satisfied him for awhile...Until he came to me with a drawing of a cat that he demanded taking to her. He just keeps coming up with these very innocent ideas, but I'm not sure how to respond without crushing his "crush" on Lily. What do you say? He is only 4! I spoke with his teacher a little about it and she says ALL the boys like Lily. They fight over who gets to sit next to her. But I think maybe it goes both ways with Lily and Wil. wub.gif And it begins!!!!

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Nov 21 2008, 07:41 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

I think it is very cute!!!!!

Jack has a crush on a girl at PS too, Myla.....I like her but secretly I don't like her mom, she is snooty and prissy and it doesn't help that Tom thinks she is a MILF tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Nov 21 2008, 09:16 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

it does beging early Kaitlin had a few crushes in PS and was calling the boy across the street her boyfriend for a while, and now she like a differnt one in her K class. I think its cute.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster

AlexsPajamaMama
Posted: Nov 21 2008, 10:29 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,473

Alex has a little crush too on a girl in his pre-k class. Her name is Victoria. They are "married" He comes to me and says the other day I'm married to Victoria but I dont even know where she lives!! Its super cute!! He tells me all the time Mommy I am handsome to Victoria. I asked did she tell him that and he says No I just know it!!

--------------------
Michelle~Sahm to Alex,Wife to Greg
user posted image
Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL
redchief
Posted: Nov 21 2008, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

I don't see any real harm in his crush. It seems to me that you're doing very well with the situation.

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
luvmykids
Posted: Nov 21 2008, 08:31 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

We've had lots of crushes here too. I get a kick out of them for the most part, when I think one of the kids is maybe going overboard I just back off in my response, lots of "Uh huh" and "Hmmms", kind of similar to the way I handle behavior that doesn't warrant discipline but doesn't need to be encouraged, either.
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Nov 22 2008, 08:01 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

What Monica said. laugh.gif

Ethan is a ladie's man. Even the older girls adore him. tongue.gif But there are two girls who have his heart. Cassidy and Chloe. wub.gif Scotty and Maddie encourage it...I try to downplay it b/c he gets quite embarassed. laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Nov 22 2008, 10:33 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

According to Tanner, he has 100 girlfriends. laugh.gif I wonder if someday he will belong to one of those polygamy compounds. laugh.gif All jokes aside, he has had one crush that has been going on since the start of last school year. Kathryn. He absolutely loves Kathryn. He talks about how pretty she is and how they are going to get married and have babies when they are older. wacko.gif laugh.gif Honestly, at this age they just don't comprehend the reality of anything like that. I think it's very innocent, and very cute. I don't encourage anything, but I certainly don't get on him about anything. It's actually pretty funny to hear their explanations of things, and wonder what goes on in that head of his. If he wanted to buy Kathryn a cat, I'd just say what you did and then let it alone or change the subject. Don't worry about it. It's very innocent, and very common. It's almost like a milestone at this age. laugh.gif

ETA: Here would be a typical convo in our house.

Tanner: Mommy, I am going to marry Kathryn.
Me: Oh, are you now?
Tanner: Yeah, when we are about 14.
Me: Oh, you think that's old enough?
Tanner: Yeah, I can get a job.
Me: Oh, please do, then you can buy your own clothes. You know when you get married you have to move out of the house too?
Tanner: No, we can all live here.
Me: Um, I don't think so, but if you don't get married at 14 you can still live here.
Tanner: Ok.

They just don't "get it", and they probably wont for awhile.

This post has been edited by Boo&BugsMom on Nov 22 2008, 10:36 AM

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0158 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]