Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> newbie, looking for other May moms-to-be
missiago
  Posted: Dec 23 2005, 09:18 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,001

Hi everyone,

I've been reading your posts for a couple of days now and decided to come out of hiding. smile.gif I came across the message board looking for other women who were pregnant with similar due dates to talk to. This is my first pregnancy, and EVERYTHING that happens has me questioning whether or not I'm normal or if the baby's ok...

I have my mid-term ultrasound next friday, and have elected to find out the sex. DH and I are both pretty instant-grat, and we've been dying to find out. I've had 5 ultrasounds up to this point. One to confirm how far along I was at four weeks. Two because I had a 9cm double ovarian cyst wrapped behind my uterus at about 8 wks, that was twisting my fallopian tube and putting my ovary at risk- pretty painful. (It eventually diminished to about 1 cm after my placenta took over the hormone regulation). And two more ultrasounds due to waking up two weeks ago bleeding pretty heavily. Turned out to be a sub-chorionic hemmorage (where placenta meets lining)- which led to a section of placental calcification. Everything seems to be ok though. My cervix is strong and tight, and the baby look great, lots of movement (fluttering and dancing on my bladder smile.gif), and a very strong heartbeat. Quad screen came back normal, and all other blood work looks good.

A little about me, My name is Erin, I am 26, I live in Colorado, I am a phd student doing research (virology and genetics). My husband Matt and I were married Oct 29th of this year, after being together for six years. Baby was a complete surprise, not in the plans as of yet, but a completely welcome surprise!

I look forward to having other May baby mommas to talk to!

Erin

wub.gif
PMEmail Poster
Mom2Boyz
Posted: Dec 23 2005, 09:27 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 337

Hi wavey.gif And welcome!!

I'm Not a May mom to be, but wanted to welcome you. Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!!! I look forward to getting to know you.

--------------------
Photobucket

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
CAMSMOM1
Posted: Dec 24 2005, 12:33 AM
Quote Post

The Cam Man is 2 yrs old

Member No.: 2,907

Welcome Erin! wavey.gif

My name is Ann, I'm 23 years old. I've been married for 3 years, and been together for 8 years. We got pregnant right after getting married, what a surprise! Our son is now 20 months old, and it was the best thing that ever happened to us!
I Just wanted to welcome you. I'm glad you came out of hiding! It's always nice to meet the newbies!
I"m glad your pregnancy is going good. Let us know what you're having. What do you think you're having?
Being a first time Mom myself, I know how nice it is to have support. This is a great place to be. I hope you like it here, and I hope to get to know you better in the future.
Keep us posted on your progress, and the sex of the baby! Congradulations on your little one, and your new marriage! biggrin.gif

Ann

--------------------
~Ann~ Wife to Justin, Mommy to Cam
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail PosterAOL

mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Dec 24 2005, 09:43 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

Hi Erin! I'm Rae...I have a 16 month old son and expecting our second in June! I also live in Colorado, the Springs! I'm 31 and my DH and I have been married for four years! We moved to Colorado six years ago from California. We first lived in Denver and now CS. This is a great message board with lots of good advice! Hope to see you around often!

Bring on the questions and congrats on your first PG! Glad everything is going well! thumb.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
missiago
Posted: Dec 24 2005, 11:45 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,001

Thanks for the welcome! I'm a little new to the whole message board/forum thing, but it seems like a neat way to communicate. I'm not to the point where I have my own set of pictures and tickers to go with my screen ID- but I'm learning!

I cant wait to have my ultrasound on Friday, not even all of the holiday activity is distracting me from my impatience, (like I had hoped it would)! I have the feeling its a girl now, after seeing all the previous ultrasounds, but in the very beginning I thought it would be a boy...so who knows. DH wants a boy...only b/c he's scared of freaking out over a teenage daughter going out at night. I secretly hope for a girl, for no reason I can put my finger on- maybe due to the fact that all of the babies in my extended family have been boys... eleven in the past five years. But a boy would be wonderful too, I just want a healthy baby!!

I'm surprised at how quickly I've fallen in love with knowing I'm going to be a mommy. Before I got pregnant I would have wanted to wait until after I was finished with my degree, grown up a little more. But now, after the initial shock and denial wore off, I feel so happy and hopeful, like its the most natural thing in the world. Must be all of those hormones. dry.gif

Does anyone know... is it okay to eat cream cheese? I've been eating it on everything, can't get enough- but is it in that group of soft cheeses like brie that can contain listeria? I need to ask my doctor- but havent done so yet. I think it may be pasturized (???), unlike other savory cheeses, but I'm not sure. At any rate, will be heartbroken if I have to give it up.

Merry Christmas (and all other holidays),

Erin (wee one is 19wks, 0days old today!)
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Dec 25 2005, 03:18 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Hi there and Welcome to Parenting Club wavey.gif
To be perfectly honest I think cream cheese is just fine, as well as any other cheese in moderation. For myself the only think I completely stayed away from in my pregnancies was alcohol. Everything else (red meat, tuna, cheese, package deli meats) I ate whenever I wanted. There's to many things they say you can't eat.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
MyBlueEyedBabies
Posted: Dec 25 2005, 04:45 PM
Quote Post

Mommy's littlest man

Member No.: 828

Hello and Welcome wavey.gif
My name is Lisa and I am also a Colorado mommy. I have 2 kids (Katy and Matt) and am due with #3 in August.
Cream Cheese is Safe...which is good because I too have been eating a fair ammount of it smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
PrairieMom
Posted: Dec 26 2005, 12:39 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

I'm Tara. I'm 27, and prego with my 2nd. due in June. I have a 2 1/2 year old boy also! welcome ! wavey.gif
PM
maymom
Posted: Jan 2 2006, 04:33 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,029

Well then, I'll come out of hiding, too! Hi, guys! I'm due May 26th with my first (can we say 'paranoid about everything?'). Just found out a few days ago that it's a boy. Huge sigh of relief from my husband; he was scared of the teen daughter aspect, too.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0143 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]