Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Don't know what to do
zdk753
Posted: Feb 9 2007, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,073

Today was parent/teacher's conferences at the school today. Dylan is doing wonderful. Kailynn is doing great. She just talks too much in class. Zachary on the other hand is doing awful. His teacher said all he does is lay his head down on his desk & cries that his head & his stomach hurts. I have taken him to the Dr. on numerous occasions, but he can never find anything wrong w/ him. I think he is faking b/c he doesn't want to do the work. She also said he will tell her he has to go to the bathroom & he will be gone for over an hr. I told her he claims he has to poop when he doesn't want to do something. There is 20 pages of school work that he has "lost". I have never seen them. I check his backpack everyday when he gets home. The only thing I can think of is he is taking them out on the bus. I just don't know what to do. I can pick him up from school as far as keeping him from "losing" anymore of his school work, but I don't know what to do as far as him acting like he is in school. The teacher said she has been watching him b/c she thought maybe he was being bullied. She said though that come lunch & recess he is perfectly fine & playing w/ all the kids. I know he can do it b/c this last semester he made the honor roll. He is also way behind the other kids on his reading tests & his multipication. For his reading tests he has only tested on 19 books & those were all books she read to the class. The other students have tested on 70. On his multipication the other kids have mastered up to 10. He is still trying to master 4's. I know he knows it b/c we practice it all the time. Any suggestions to maybe get him to realize he needs to straighten up or he is going to be held back?
PMEmail Poster
Swood75
Posted: Feb 9 2007, 08:56 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,901

Just out of curiosoty,has he maybe been checked for ADD or anything like that?? My son (will be 8 in April) was doing ALOT of the same things as your DS and we made an appt with his ped and they had myself,DS's teacher,and anyone else that spends alot of time with him fill out this paper with quite a few questions on it and he fir into that category..So,they put him on a medicine for ADD called Metadate CD 20 mg and he has improved DRASTICALLY in school and you can tell at home also...Not saying that is what it is but might be something you would want to talk with his Dr about...HTH hug.gif

--------------------
Shawna~wife to Chris 7-28-93
Mommy to Kameron 4-30-99, Kyleigh 11-13-02 & Kassidy 1-28-09

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PMEmail PosterAOL
zdk753
Posted: Feb 9 2007, 09:07 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 2,073

No he hasn't. So far the only thing the Dr. has done is checked his ears, pressed on his stomach, that kind of thing. My hubby is wanting me to make another appt. w/ his Dr. I will talk to them about that. I'm going to make one regardless though to see what their opinion is on the whole thing. It was so upsetting to hear that today when I know he is capable of doing it.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0158 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]