Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Anyone know
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Sep 25 2008, 03:41 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,245

where I can get some nursing tops fairly cheap? All the places around here want at least $20 each for them, and that's for a basic tank top.
Thanks!!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Swood75
Posted: Sep 25 2008, 04:18 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,901

Maybe a consignment store? I haven't ever used nursing tops,just my regular shirts.. blush.gif There is a limited amount of places around here that sell nursing bras since I had Kyleigh almost 6 yrs ago..Gonna have to drive anywhere from 20-45 mins to get one.. blink.gif BTW,while I am thinking of it..How far are you from Greenville Memorial?? That is where I will be having Kassidy at.. smile.gif

--------------------
Shawna~wife to Chris 7-28-93
Mommy to Kameron 4-30-99, Kyleigh 11-13-02 & Kassidy 1-28-09

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PMEmail PosterAOL
moped
Posted: Sep 25 2008, 07:44 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

Motherhood is usually pretty good

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

A&A'smommy
Posted: Sep 25 2008, 09:53 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

I wouldn't worry about getting nursing tops I would just get some regular shirts that either button up and down (your can wear a tank top under them) or some vneck sorta stretchy shirts that is what I used and it was MUCH better than having to go out and buy nursing tops along with everything else that you need with a new baby tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Sep 25 2008, 12:45 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

That's what I'll get --- some button-up shirts. Nice and roomy, so my fat belly will be hidden. I looked at some regular gowns today, trying to figure out if I could use them, just pulling the top over at the "v" neck part to nurse. Wasn't sure if that would work or not, but apparently it will.
I already have a couple of nursing bras, I just wanted to see about tops, esp when company is over or we go off. Of course, by the time I'm ready to go off somewhere and BF I'll be pretty well used to it and won't need a nursing top, I hope!
Thanks for the advice! I think I'll just use my regular clothes.

BTW, I'm about a 2 hour drive from Greenville, not sure how far exactly from that hospital, but I've heard good things about it. happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Swood75
Posted: Sep 25 2008, 01:24 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,901

yes,they were good when I had Kam and Kyleigh there.. wink.gif

--------------------
Shawna~wife to Chris 7-28-93
Mommy to Kameron 4-30-99, Kyleigh 11-13-02 & Kassidy 1-28-09

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PMEmail PosterAOL
A&A'smommy
Posted: Sep 25 2008, 01:53 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

QUOTE (willsmama @ Sep 25 2008, 03:45 PM)
That's what I'll get --- some button-up shirts. Nice and roomy, so my fat belly will be hidden. I looked at some regular gowns today, trying to figure out if I could use them, just pulling the top over at the "v" neck part to nurse. Wasn't sure if that would work or not, but apparently it will.
I already have a couple of nursing bras, I just wanted to see about tops, esp when company is over or we go off. Of course, by the time I'm ready to go off somewhere and BF I'll be pretty well used to it and won't need a nursing top, I hope!
Thanks for the advice! I think I'll just use my regular clothes.

BTW, I'm about a 2 hour drive from Greenville, not sure how far exactly from that hospital, but I've heard good things about it. happy.gif

I have this in pink and it was GREAT lightweight easy to move around and you make make it where only can see baby nursing

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Sep 25 2008, 03:25 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

stephanie, I had gotten some of those non support just cross over bras, they are so comfy, for night time...I got them for $8 in the mag. on line that was called
the woman in me..or something like that, its the lane byant knock off...
if you cant find it i will search it. just pm me..
anyway, they were perfect for nursing, you just pulled the one side over, and could wear anything over it. most nights i just slept in my sweats and this bra thing.
also got a lot of stuff at kohls and sears on sale, and never paid a lot.

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
eatatmoms
  Posted: Mar 26 2009, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 22,427

w/my daughter when i was basically clueless about what i would need, i did buy some nursing tops. i found some at expressiva.com which were nice but a lot of their styles are not very flattering and very boxy. i use them more for night nursing now. for going out, i would just buy regular tops that had easy access to the boobies. i have a bunch of surplus faux wrap tops that are basically a deep v-neck, looks like a wrap top but itsn't. i wear a stretch tank underneath the deep v-top and i can access anything i need & look good at the same time. any kind of surplus top with a deep v-neck is good. i bought a nice surplus top from ny & company for $9.99 and its a nice polished look and i can nurse in it, too. what more could you ask for? for a more casual look, any shirt w/a zipper in the front and a stretch tank top is good too. i found some nice stretch cotton tanks at kmart (their pink collection) for about $7 each. i would pay a little more for a well fitting nursing bra but then again, the bras i use to nurse in are not nursing bras. i have an uncommon size, 30G which sounds much bigger than it really is so i've bought some colesce couture bras which work like a nursing bra (the flaps open w/a clip) but they have this supportive banderin shelf to support the boobies. so you get the support of an underwire w/o any wire. colesce couture is a specialty bra but i found some discontinued but new ones off of ebay. angel ardyss bras also work the same way and are a bit cheaper. find the dealers on ebay, too. so my girls look perky and where they were before the babies & nursing came. some people don't like the pointy boob effect w/the colesce bras but the support is great. angel ardyss is less pointy but uses a slide to open and close the bra flaps which i find less easy than the colesce clips. wow, w/all this info, i should write a book - how to nurse w/o buying any nursing shirts or bras, lol.

feel free to contact me for more info. having exclusive breastfeed 3 kids and still nursing my toddler, i feel like an expert.

hths,
cathy (mom to 3)

--------------------
Cathy (momma to Caitlin, Christopher & Colin)

If you're a first-time mom, in your last trimester and wish to breastfeed, please come check out my online breastfeeding study in the parentingclub blogs section or send me an email to eatatmoms@yahoo.com.
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0118 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]