Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Strange coffee side effect...
mammag
Posted: May 5 2005, 04:15 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,050

I was at a parent meeting for the e-school we are using next year and was getting sleepy so I had one cup of coffee. I felt so wired which I kind of expected. Anyway, last night all night I was on edge, I couldn't yawn properly and felt like if someone had startled me I would have had a heart attack. I couldn't sleep at all and still feel sick to my stomach and jittery. Obviously I'm not going to be having any more coffee but I've had it before and not gotten that wired.

STRANGE!!

--------------------
Jeanie - SAHM to Kristen 13, Cade 12, Conner 8, Keegan 3

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: May 5 2005, 04:19 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

even decaf coffee makes me sick to my stomach

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: May 5 2005, 07:04 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

You say you had the coffee at a meeting...so YOU didn't make it right? I think sometimes it depends on the brand of coffee or the fact they didn't clean out the coffee maker well enough. There are bad oils in cheap coffee, plus bacteria that grows in pots that are not cleaned. Both my DH and I are spoiled and always get either Starbucks or organic french roast. The cheap crystal kind that our offices buy have always made us both sick, both jittery and poopy!! I try to avoid it. laugh.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

mammag
Posted: May 5 2005, 07:34 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,050

No, I didn't make it. They had big things from Starbucks. I also have to say....I don't think Starbucks tastes any better than a cup of Folgers. Not sure what all the fuss is about....

--------------------
Jeanie - SAHM to Kristen 13, Cade 12, Conner 8, Keegan 3

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: May 5 2005, 11:16 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

Well I guess my senses were wrong...I've always thought fresh ground is always best. And thought maybe that's why you were feeling bad...JMO

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
ammommy
Posted: May 5 2005, 11:26 AM
Quote Post

Happy Easter!

Member No.: 1,117

It could also be that the blend (bean) was stronger than what you are used to or you drank it on an emptier stomach than normal.

--------------------
Lisa, SAHM to Megan and Alec
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: May 5 2005, 11:44 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

I agree there are some nasty coffees in the world. You don't have to spend a fortune to get good coffee though. I use Eight O'Clock Bokar coffee... It makes a very rich, full flavored cup of coffee and never leaves me feeling jittery or strung up. I've had other good ones too, that's just the most reasonable I can think of that is very good.

I only buy whole bean and grind my own just before brewing. I think that makes a big difference in both taste and consistency too. And my poor Lisa just plain can't drink any kind of coffee... poor baby wink.gif

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: May 6 2005, 04:26 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

Heh heh..... coffee makes me wired only when I`m pregnant.... rolling_smile.gif

I usually drink between 4 - 6 cups of cofee a day. Now that I`m pregnant, I only drink one cup in the morning, about 3 times a week.... I don`t *need* it.... and one cup of tea in the evening is good for me. I like the tea just to set a routine to relax. I had problems breastfeeding my 2 others...and I plan to give it a good try this time around.... trying to find what relaxes me best NOW. Tea seems to be working for me...

as for coffee - I buy the cheap stuff. No name brand. Funny - the only coffee that doesn`t give me the runs.... are the no name brand at the grocery store, and Tim Horton`s coffee.... I could drink french roast, starbucks, second cup....ground, instant.... they all make me go.

tongue.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0112 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]