Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Herbal cleanse, worth it?
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Apr 13 2005, 06:59 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

Has anyone ever tried an herbal cleanse? I'm trying one right now for the first time and I would have to say it's making me feel a lot better. I'm NOT doing it to lose weight, nor did I pick one that makes you sit on the pot all day. My lymphatic system felt like it was swollen all the time and I wanted to try and flush it out. I would have pain under my armpits, under my chin, and around my collar bone. The doc said that my lymph nodes (sp?) were swollen, but didn't tell me what to do about it, so I went to Whole Foods and picked out a cleanse. After having a baby, I just felt like my whole body needed some refreshing. So I've tried it for about a week now and I do feel more energetic and the pain is gone.

BTW, just a warning if you try one, it DEFINITELY gets worse before it gets better! I've broke out like a teenager, all over my body, and I was pretty bloated for the first few days. I suppose it's partially due to my hormones from stopping bf'ing, but it's also my body's way of detoxing. It recommends a lot of water too and of course a healthy diet. It doesn't make sense to do it if you eat poorly anyway.

Anyhow, just wondering if anyone does this? The one I picked doesn't have any thermogenic type stuff in it like ephedrine. Long story, but I've been very sick from taking those type of herbs in the past, so I was very cautious when buying this. This is just an herbal supplement (I couldn't tell you exactly what's in it at the moment) and a fiber one.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
MyBlueEyedBabies
Posted: Apr 13 2005, 07:32 AM
Quote Post

Mommy's littlest man

Member No.: 828

I've never tried anything quite like that but would be interested in it. What is it called?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Apr 13 2005, 08:01 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

It's called Ultimate Cleanse by Nature's Secret. It's a 2-part program for total body detoxification. Two bottle packet that I bought at Whole Foods. Around $23 I think. I do feel like it's easier to get up in the morning, even before my coffee!!

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0121 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]