Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> HELP
MommyToAshley
Posted: Aug 28 2008, 01:08 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I have pork chops that I need to make and I don't have my shake N Bake. blush.gif

How can I prepare them without having to go to the store for a lof ingredients? I don't want to go to the store at all.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
luvmykids
Posted: Aug 28 2008, 02:30 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,038

We just had pork chops last night tongue.gif I use my electric skillet and slice potatos and onions. I brown the chops at a high heat for a minute, then turn it down and put the onions, potatos, some salt and pepper, and enough water to keep it all moist. Then I put the lid on and let it simmer at about 350.

Another way to cook them is to brown them, add a large can of tomatos, some garlic and onion, and simmer away. I usually serve them like that over rice.
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Aug 28 2008, 02:39 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

QUOTE (luvmykids @ Aug 28 2008, 06:30 PM)
Another way to cook them is to brown them, add a large can of tomatos, some garlic and onion, and simmer away. I usually serve them like that over rice.

Well, that's kind of what I did.... sort of. I actually used part of your other recipe for ground turkey.

I browned the pork chops, then took rice and put it in a casserol dish. Added some water, added chopped tomatoes and onions, garlic, put the pork chops on then poured tomato basil soup over top of it. I have it baking in the oven but not sure how long to bake it. Wish me luck as I am experimenting. I hope it turns out good, I really don't want to call Dominos.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02

Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Aug 29 2008, 07:40 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Aug 28 2008, 05:39 PM)
QUOTE (luvmykids @ Aug 28 2008, 06:30 PM)
Another way to cook them is to brown them, add a large can of tomatos, some garlic and onion, and simmer away.  I usually serve them like that over rice.

Well, that's kind of what I did.... sort of. I actually used part of your other recipe for ground turkey.

I browned the pork chops, then took rice and put it in a casserol dish. Added some water, added chopped tomatoes and onions, garlic, put the pork chops on then poured tomato basil soup over top of it. I have it baking in the oven but not sure how long to bake it. Wish me luck as I am experimenting. I hope it turns out good, I really don't want to call Dominos.

laugh.gif

so how did it turn out?

me I woudl have grilled them and served with rice and a veggie

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Aug 29 2008, 07:51 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

It actually turned out pretty good, I was surprised. I wish I had some moz cheese to melt on top, then it would have been perfect. But, they were really tender and juicey. We ended up having company for dinner and he went back for a second helping, so I guess that means he liked it too.

I probably would have fried them if I had to, but I was out of flour. I am trying to bake and not fry as much as possible. I did serve steamed veggies on the side though.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02

Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Aug 29 2008, 08:41 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

you need a forman grill...... laugh.gif I love mine and actually could use a new one but it s still very usable.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Aug 29 2008, 09:44 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,038

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Aug 29 2008, 08:51 AM)
I probably would have fried them if I had to, but I was out of flour. I am trying to bake and not fry as much as possible. I did serve steamed veggies on the side though.

When I do them in my electric skillet with the potatos and onions, I don't fry them...I can usually manage to get a nice outside brown and semi crisp with just the high heat and EVOO.

I have a foreman grill too, I loved it when I was single thumb.gif Now I use it a lot for panini type sandwiches and couldn't bear to part with it laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
TLCDad
Posted: Aug 29 2008, 11:53 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Kaitlin'smom @ Aug 29 2008, 11:41 AM)
you need a forman grill...... laugh.gif I love mine and actually could use a new one but it s still very usable.

I actually have two... the small one and the large one. I got both as Christmas presents. I don't use it very often... probably because you can't throw it in the dishwasher. LOL

OOOPS, this is Dee Dee. I was on Rod's machine downloading something and I decided to check the boards. I forgot I was under his name when I replied. LOL
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Aug 29 2008, 12:23 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

QUOTE (TLCDad @ Aug 29 2008, 02:53 PM)
QUOTE (Kaitlin'smom @ Aug 29 2008, 11:41 AM)

I actually have two... the small one and the large one. I got both as Christmas presents. I don't use it very often... probably because you can't throw it in the dishwasher. LOL

OOOPS, this is Dee Dee. I was on Rod's machine downloading something and I decided to check the boards. I forgot I was under his name when I replied. LOL

laugh.gif I dont mind cleaning it as long as I do it realitivity soon after or it sits and then its a PITA.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0146 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]