Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> today is rough....
kimberley
  Posted: Nov 15 2003, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 249

like DeeDee said, i am thankful for the precious time i had with my little angels in heaven but some days just compel you to wonder what life would have been like if they could have stayed and you just can't stop thinking about them.

today is the one year anniversary of my angel's passing. bawling.gif i know i was only 8-9 wks pg, but i can't help grieve the loss of the baby i loved so much. i really don't think anyone who hasn't gone through a m/c can understand the emotions behind the pain. my male OB said i was taking the loss harder than i should... i couldn't believe he said that! others have told me it was too soon for me to be so attached and that i should concentrate on my other kids that stayed. i don't understand this because i will never be able to forget the baby that couldn't be.

it is so vivid in my mind. Jamie and i eloped to a gorgeous inn in northern ontario on Nov 1st. we were so happy and in love with our baby-to-be. 2 days later i began to bleed and i just remember the fear that tore through my heart and the whiteness of Jamie's face. we just prayed that we were one of those weird pg's that bled while pg. i saw the dr shortly after that and was told that it was really hard to see anything but that is normal but the sac looked about 5 wks. by my calculations it should have been 7 wks, but i just prayed that it would be okay. we went 2-3 times a week to check the hgc levels in my blood. the words of my dr still echo through my brain. with a straight cold face he said "this is not a viable pg". he had to be wrong! i still felt pg... it had to be a mistake. over the next week i continued with the blood tests and was told that my hgc levels were still increasing. the nurse was confused and said that didn't happen when u were miscarrying. so jamie and i became hopeful again that everything would be okay. my OB was on holidays so we couldn't talk to him for a week. we kept going and it looked good. a week later we did another u/s and i was excited. it was all just some big stupid mistake and my baby was fine. i was wrong. there was no yolk sac. the baby was gone, my hgc levels rapidly dropped and my life was upside down. he made me go back a week later to do one last u/s to make sure it was all out or he would have to do a d&c. that was the hardest thing ever. i was surrounded by happy pg people and i couldn't help but resent it. a volunteer actually came up to me and asked if i wanted to do a survey. i said sure thinking it could distract me from my grief for a while. first question.."how far along are you?"... i wanted to burst into tears. i just looked at her and said i lost my baby and she ran off. the u/s was worse. they have private and semi private u/s rooms. do you think they gave me a private one considering what i was going through... nope. as an u/s tech confirmed my baby was gone, a curtain away some woman was giggling at seeing her baby's little hands and feet. how insensitive can people be. i freaked out and sat in the hall. everyone acted like i was nuts and overreacting. i don't think i was. my baby died and nobody but Jamie cared.

my pg with jade was so hard because i was terrified that she wouldn't stay either. it has been an emotional year but the people on this board and DH of course have made it a lot easier. thanks for always listening.
Please say a prayer for my baby that her spirit is happy and still with us.

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Nov 15 2003, 10:29 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

(((HUGS))))

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't believe how insensitive people are! It's already hard enough when you see babies everywhere, but then for people (especially in the health care profession) to treat you like that is just horrible. I remember when I went for my check-up after Joshua had passed, I sat in the waiting room about to break down looking at all the newborn babies. Then the nursed weighed me and asked me if I had a boy or a girl. Obviously she didn't look at my records. I just broke down right there. (I switched Docs when I became PG with Ashley)

Anniversaries, holidays, and due dates are always rough for me too. I find it hard to know what to say to you, I think because I have experienced a loss and know that there are no words that can take away your pain. But, I wanted to ler you know that we are here to listen and offer support and lots of hugs. grouphug.gif

And, I do hope you find some comfort knowing that your baby will not suffer and is in good hands. I am sure your little Angel is watching over Jade. The nurse that came to follow up on me after I had Ashley told me that when Ashley smiles in her sleep, it is Joshua whispering in her ear. What a wonderful thought. So, when you see Jade smiling, I bet it is your Angel whispering to her.

grouphug.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MommyToAshley
Posted: Nov 15 2003, 10:31 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

I want to share one other thing with you. I kept this in Joshua's baby box... it is a poem that DH found and gave to me after we lost Joshua.

A BABY'S SECRET

I'm just a little feller
Who didn't quite make it there;
I went straight to be with Jesus
But I'm waiting for you here.

Don't fret about me mommy,
I'm all of God's lambs most blest;
I'd have loved to stay there with you,
But the Shepard knows what's best.

Many dwelling here where I live,
Waited years to enter in;
Struggled thru a world of sorrow
And their lives were marred with sin.

So, sweet mommy, don't you sorrow.
Wipe those tears and chase the gloom.
I went straight to Jesus' bosom
From my lovely mother's womb.

Thank you for the life you gave me,
It was brief, but don't complain;
I have all of heaven's glory
Suffered none of earthling's pain.
Thank you for the name you gave me
I'd have loved to brought it fame;
but if I'd lingered in earth's shadows
Might instead have bro't it shame.

Daddy gave me something for you,
It's our secret mommy dear.
Pressed it tight against my forehead,
Whispered in my tiny ear.

I'll be waiting for you, Mommy-
You and Daddy, Bud and Sis.
I'll be with you then forever-
Then I'll give you Daddy's kiss.

-J.C. Brumfield

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02

mummy2girls
Posted: Nov 15 2003, 10:43 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 156

I am so sorry for your loss. big ((HUGS))) your way!!! You are a strong mom and remeber your angel is jades guardian angel and is looking down on all of you.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
kimberley
Posted: Nov 15 2003, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

m2a.. thanks for that beautiful poem bawling.gif i can't believe your dr's office said that to you. you think it is really that difficult to peek at the chart for one sec to be sure?! the secretary asked me a few times when i was pg with jade if i was still pg... it made me terrified something was wrong with her. smash.gif smash.gif

m2a and jenna's mom: thanks for your kinds words and support. it really helps.
grouphug.gif

--------------------

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Nov 15 2003, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

I am so sorry for your loss, and yes, my prayers are with you! Thank you for your story. I guess I am so maternal that every miscarriage or loss I hear about (no matter the age) I tear up and get very emotional. It is hard to imagine and even harder to get over, I am sure. God has His plans and while that is comforting knowing the little ones are with Him, it doesn't take the pain completely away.
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Nov 15 2003, 09:17 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Kimberley thankyou for sharing your story. What you went through with the u/s was disgusting.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
Jamie
  Posted: Nov 16 2003, 05:05 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 141

hey baby........i dont reallt have any words to say ( got lumps in my throat, and my mind is doing the whole "what if...." thing) but i just wanted to say that i love you and if you need to talk or anything, you know im always here for you!!!

Just remember this.......everytime Jade smiles and giggles while she is sleeping, its cuz of her unborn sibling that couldnt be here is making her smile and laugh. One of those laughs that only a sibling can do

I love you, the boys, Jade, and our little angle more than anything

ok now im gonna go kiss and hug you in sleep, we both need it!!!!!!!!!

I love you lots baby! wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------
Jamie
DW Kimberley
Step Daddy to:
Jacob (6)
James (5)
Daddy to:
Our Angel: Nov 15(due 6/22/03)
DD Jessica Jade 8/29/03
PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Nov 16 2003, 06:43 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Member No.: 189

grouphug.gif Kim I'm so sorry for what you went through! I've never experienced what you are going through, but I wanted you to know how sorry I am for you! grouphug.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
kimberley
Posted: Nov 16 2003, 11:12 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Jamie Posted on Nov 16 2003, 08:05 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hey baby........i dont reallt have any words to say ( got lumps in my throat, and my mind is doing the whole "what if...." thing) but i just wanted to say that i love you and if you need to talk or anything, you know im always here for you!!!

Just remember this.......everytime Jade smiles and giggles while she is sleeping, its cuz of her unborn sibling that couldnt be here is making her smile and laugh. One of those laughs that only a sibling can do

I love you lots baby! 

bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif I love you Jamie! thank you for being the best dad and hubby ever! wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
angelhair
Posted: Nov 16 2003, 12:28 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 247

on honey, I know this kind of pain and I am so so sorry. losing a baby is losing a baby at at 8 or 9 wekks that baby is still as real to you as your other babies. it is a loss of never given a chance to know your little one and you have a right to take it hard because it is such a heartbreak! I am now going through a second m/c, two in three months and the disappointment and loss is great. it is not made easier by some of the cruel comments that you went through.I to went for a ultrasound where there was nothing in it with my secondm/c ( I have had three so far), and I kept on wishing there would be something there and I remember the great fear and caslling my dh sobbing. it is hard to see that. much much love to you

--------------------
png" border=0>baby
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Nov 16 2003, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

QUOTE (kimberley @ Nov 16 2003, 02:12 PM)
Jamie Posted on Nov 16 2003, 08:05 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love you lots baby!  

bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif I love you Jamie! thank you for being the best dad and hubby ever! wub.gif wub.gif

Kimberly, looks like you have a keeper there! But, we already knew Jamie was a great guy. thumb.gif It is great that the two of you are there for each other, that's the one thing that will help you get through this. grouphug.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02

DansMom
Posted: Nov 16 2003, 07:46 PM
Quote Post

kids keep you young!

Member No.: 223

Thanks for sharing your story Kimberley. When your heart is full of hope and optimism, a loss at any stage of pg. is difficult. You and Jamie are definitely good together, and you have so much love to give a child.

--------------------
Tracy, George and Daniel (11/25/02)
user posted image

PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0093 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]