Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> My kiddos & school
Cece00
Posted: Aug 15 2006, 06:48 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,100

Evan had his first day of preschool yesterday.

It didnt go too smoothly- we were running pretty late because his father just couldnt manage to be on time dropping him & Ross off (as usual growl.gif ) and I had to do some paperwork, and of course since I was there he wanted to hang out with me instead of doing the activities with the teacher. And then he cried when I had to leave, poor kid. So I felt bad about that...

Then when I went to pick him up, he had just woken up from nap time, which is only an hour over there. He takes a 2 hr nap at home. So he was a little cranky.

But I am VERY happy to say he was excited to go this morning. He went in, put his stuff into his cubby, and listened to the teacher & went to wash his hands. Then he gave me a kiss & hug, and happily went to sit on his spot with a book. No fussing or crying & he waved bye to me as I walked out the door.

He's a good kid.

The teacher's assistant said something like "He sure has a mind of his own!" (in a nice way, she wasnt being mean about it) and YES, he does. Evan is very free spirited & marches to the tune of his own drum. He's SO sweet and smart but he can be stubborn as hell & he definetly has a mind of his own. But we love him that way!!

When I picked him up, he was very happy to see me, but I could tell he had just been crying. Apparently the teacher was calling out the names of the kids who ride a bus and he was VERY upset he was not going on the school bus

I had to explain to him that Mommy will drop him off & pick him up every day.

But his teacher said he is doing pretty well, so I am happy. He's excited to go back tommorrow, thankfully. He's been home with me for the last 1.5 yrs & he is only 3.5, so I was worried about him being in more of a group setting.

My 4.5 yr old has testing tommorrow for PREK, and his first day is on Friday. He is also REALLY excited to go to school. They wear uniforms (my 3.5 yr old in preschool can wear normal clothing) & he is SO cute in them!!! He's pretty jealous that his little brother gets to go to school all week and he has to wait, so we've been doing lots of fun stuff to keep his mind off of it, like going to the store (usually I leave them with DH, its hard to take 3 kids to the store for a lengthy period) and we made a cake today, other fun activites...so he's OK, let's hope he remains OK about it until Friday rolling_smile.gif

Then I will have about 1.5 weeks of being @ home with just the baby until Jack is born. I guess I'll go back to being really busy then laugh.gif Thats OK, I know I'll need a lot of sleep & Natalie still naps a lot so it looks like this will work out pretty well (Jack was a BIG surprise & I've been worried about how I would handle so much going on all at one time). Its been very quiet with Evan @ school & once Ross goes, the house will be pretty much SILENT...DH works all day & so it'll be me & her...I am sure I will enjoy that more once the baby is here. happy.gif

--------------------
Crystal

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
amymom
Posted: Aug 15 2006, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

That is great. School doesn't start until Sept 7th here so we have a little more break to go.

Sounds like school will be good for the whole family!

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
luvmykids
Posted: Aug 15 2006, 07:01 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

wub.gif I'm glad they're both so excited, and that Evan is adjusting so well thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster

CantWait
Posted: Aug 15 2006, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Sounds pretty good to me thumb.gif thumb.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0152 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]